Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas fare when connecting between lines

Options
  • 28-11-2019 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So I'm going from Connolly to harcourt st. Is there genuinely no single fare fee for this? I have to tag twice which ends up as a 4 euro farw each way. Kinda nuts for what is relatively a short distance!

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

jon1981 wrote: »
    Hey,

So I'm going from Connolly to harcourt st. Is there genuinely no single fare fee for this? I have to tag twice which ends up as a 4 euro farw each way. Kinda nuts for what is relatively a short distance!

J

Tag on in Connolly and off at Harcourt. Leap is 1.54 each way.

They only said for people to tag on/off between lines in case they forget and get full fare charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Before anyone asks (I was about to) .... you don't get the Leap 90 discount (€1 discount on the 2nd and subsequent journeys within 90 minutes) for Luas-Luas trips.

Leap 90 Discount does not apply to Luas – Luas or DART/ Commuter Rail – DART/ Commuter Rail as these trips already have specific discounted fares.

https://about.leapcard.ie/leap-90

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Tag on in Connolly and off at Harcourt. Leap is 1.54 each way.

They only said for people to tag on/off between lines in case they forget and get full fare charged.

Thanks but it aint f**king obvious on the NTA website.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

So can you tap on a DART or commuter and tap it off that after a Luas? Or do you tap off the DART/commuter and then tap on a Luas and then tap off again? That’s what I’ve always done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Tomrota wrote: »
    So can you tap on a DART or commuter and tap it off that after a Luas? Or do you tap off the DART/commuter and then tap on a Luas and then tap off again? That’s what I’ve always done.

You have to touch off when changing modes (except leaving a bus). Touch on at Dart charges you 4.90 and refunds you when you touch off. If you don't touch off there's no refund.

If you're going to/from Dart to commuter you don't touch off between. Similarly if going Luas to Luas you don't touch off between either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement