Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CHEAPO-ECO-MANIACS (sub-500euro)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

Looking for €350, with the caveat that a new battery will also need to be purchased. NCT till Feb 2020, 150000 km on clock. Car changed hands in June this year.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault/23469464

ZjMxNTg4N2Q0OWNkYjZjOWZjZDNmZjQ3OGFkOTgxZTMLLN3e2PVqZR1GF2d4YKztaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzYyNTc4Mjl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

These were plentiful but not a whole lot of these knocking about anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

These were plentiful but not a whole lot of these knocking about anymore.

I always think this myself. The brother had one for a few months and it gave up on the motorway. Engine complete f'ed

mid-00s Renaults have a terrible reputation and it seems justifiably so.

I went to see an 04 megane wagon lately knowing they are much maligned but thinking it cant be that bad. it was only asking a few hundred but I couldn't bring myself to take it home, it has so much wrong with it.

I think for a the facelift clio (around 2006 i think) I might take a punt if the price was right. its a bit small for my current needs however.

Someone might for €395, tread carefully though. 2004 1.6 Focus petrol, NCT till Feb 2020. Don't know anything about these N7 Motors lads though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-ford-focus-1-6-petrol-ghia-nct-02-20-2-keys/23433175

MTAyNzBmYjliNzkxNWYwZWM0ZTcxM2YxMTJkZDgyMTKYRHypq0eY9GPA-dMx7qVQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzYyODY5NTF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement

Jackie, could be a lady or a fella, who knows these days, right? Anyway he/she is selling his/her mazda demio. If you are anywhere near Offaly and need a practicle little low cost option for the interim or beyond then give Jackie a bell.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-demio/23099545

Its got test till February, less than 100k on it, clean looking and a small engine to tax should you feel so inclined.

The clincher is Jackie only wants 250 for it. So even if its not what we expect, no real loss.

Just like a Jackie I went out with a few times. She turned out to be a he.

True story.

This looks in fine fettle. Asking €450, NCT till July 2020, about €110 worth of tax, and relatively low mileage.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-n-c-t-07-2020-tax-02-2020/23499273

ZmU1YzNhNTI3MjZmNjZkMjFkM2QzNGE5NDJjNTE0YzRdikWizs-HRYo8VR9dMm6naHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzY0OTA4NzR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

the corolla is already gone. looked lovely

This Corolla is not as lovely, 127,000 miles but it has NCT till July 2020, and you'd surely get it for less than €500. That unique bonnet!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-4/23517171

ZTAxZDhjN2MwNDg2NGUxNjlmNzkwNmE4YWUzNjk3YzcGZEw0EbSWNYILTfH4dOnkaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzY2MjA4MTR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

i know it fits the bill for this thread regarding test and price, but i think for 500 quid you could do better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jb1989

i know it fits the bill for this thread regarding test and price, but i think for 500 quid you could do better.

If it fits the thread then that's it..... Great value for 8 months of nct.

NWVkZThlZDkwNWU2MTNkODliYmQ5ZGFmY2MxOGEwZTGOrgn_PL2iPdRsG5InveuAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzY4ODYzMTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1.6 Ford Focus Estate LX

NCT until May. Driving "100%". No tax though.

290 euro.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-estate-lx/23554168

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

YmQyODZkNzcwM2YwODNjNTg1ZjEwMjE0ZGFmMzRmZDirQjykG3gQrGdD4TliLddfaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzY4NTk5MzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Listed at €550, but surely will be bought for €500
    89k miles and NCT until Feb
    Looks immaculate

^ Great example of how to take photos of a car for sale too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭zg3409

Kilboor wrote: »
    ^ Great example of how to take photos of a car for sale too!

Yes car looks well in photos but I see some warning signs.
    Person is named "seller"
    Wheels look to be shined up which is used by traders to pass off old tyres to look like new tyres.
    Tag on key like it is with a dealer
    Photos of car like it is dealer

I am not saying car is bad, but you are dealing with person who knows how to cover up faults so may be no bargain and this person probably is selling on as professional trader.

I would like to wait a few weeks and see NCT done 12 weeks early

Sometimes a poorly presented car with bad description is more genuine and is more likely to have less interested buyers and so you can land a better bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

zg3409 wrote: »
    Person is named "seller"
    Wheels look to be shined up which is used by traders to pass off old tyres to look like new tyres.

I am not saying car is bad, but you are dealing with person who knows how to cover up faults so may be no bargain and this person probably is selling on as professional trader.

Sometimes a poorly presented car with bad description is more genuine and is more likely to have less interested buyers and so you can land a better bargain.

Hard to win really, I see a seller who has gone to some effort to present the car in the best possible light I think this should be a positive rather than a reason to suspect the car. I think it looks great and it would be hard to go wrong at that pricepoint once the car checks out in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

And I'm not the seller or do I have any interest or knowledge of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

zg3409 wrote: »
    Person is named "seller"

I used that tyre shine stuff when I sold my last car. You can pick it up in most motor shops and some supermarkets for a fiver. In fact, don't some valets use it? Looks more to me like he literally just had it valeted in the same car park he took the photos.
    I had the tag from when I bought my car so reattached it to make it look more professional.
    I'm no professional photographer but I made damn sure it had decent photos of my car before uploading it.

Small things like that cost next to nothing but make the car stand out against it's competitors.

Maybe he is just proud of it.

No seller name is the only thing that would put me off this ad and even then, not really unless he wanted to meet in that same car park :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

I always use tyre shine on my cars. Makes a car after a wash imo. Tag on the key looks like it has a vw emblem so could just be nothing really. At 500 quid there's not much to risk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

While a lot of the points made would also be things I would look out for, at this price point, if the car seemed good, it wouldn't bother me in the least

• Advertisement

The lad selling the corolla should have no bother getting rid of it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Must have worked, the add is gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Great looking 2007 Mazda 5 MPV on Adverts in Roscrea for 300. 1.8 and lpg. Been reduced continuously but no NCT, may need tyres.
    Apologies as it doesn't meet thread criteria but I reckon it's a very legit car.

Only 2 months NCT, but they're just asking for €250. Same owner since 2010. If there are only 164,000 genuine miles on the odometer you'd get another 100,000 out of her.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/corolla/2000-toyota-corolla/19350243

YzIyZGYzM2Y5M2M5N2UxODVmYWU0OWY5ZmNjZjBlNjjPBo67rV9aR1XnvXknTutlaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZGM3NWUxZDM5MDkyYWM4OGEwYzBiN2E2NzVmMWE5MGFkMTExMzEzMTYxZDgyNzQwMDEwMGI1YzE4NmJkYjEwNS5qcGd8fHx8fHw5ODB4NDU0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,087 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Guy in there with offer of €150 can collect tomorrow.
    You have to love Adverts.
    Seriously though it looks like a bargain even though I saw one with four new tyres given away recently, failed emissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Bought this lovely banger today, €300, Nct till September next year, taxed for the end of the month, and it has a drawbar!

The missus hates it.

I Was VB wrote: »
    Bought this lovely banger today, €300, Nct till September next year, taxed for the end of the month, and it has a drawbar!

The missus hates it.

Even better! This is prime cheapo eco maniacs talk

Kilboor wrote: »
    Even better! This is prime cheapo eco maniacs talk

It starts stops and goes, not pretty (lacquer peeling and a previous bodywork repair cracking) but gets the job done as I need a cheap crapbox to get in and out of work until I finish off my current project.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,087 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I Was VB wrote: »
    It starts stops and goes, not pretty (lacquer peeling and a previous bodywork repair cracking) but gets the job done as I need a cheap crapbox to get in and out of work until I finish off my current project.

What will you do then, trade her in?
    The car I mean :)

• Advertisement

Nah, she has a draw bar on the back of her, she’s the king of all Toyota’s now

Advertisement