Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate 335 at DUB

Options
  • 28-11-2019 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone knows whether the place for boarding the shuttle bus to this gate is located in the T1 or T2 part of the airport?

I have a flight to AMS with Aer Lingus next Tues morning and it looks like they all go from this gate... 🙄

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

It doesn't matter, it is accessible from both T1 and T2

Its marginally quicker get to it from T1 than T2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

It doesn't matter, it is accessible from both T1 and T2

Its marginally quicker get to it from T1 than T2

But you'll get through T2 security quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Gate 335 is where the shuttle buses to the South Gates leave from. It's not flight-specific any more. You just get on the next bus that's leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Gate 335 is where the shuttle buses to the South Gates leave from. It's not flight-specific any more. You just get on the next bus that's leaving.

This is not well publicised especially if you have been down the 33x pit before as most people tend to think its just a short walk from the T1 shopping lane

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

trellheim wrote: »
    This is not well publicised especially if you have been down the 33x pit before as most people tend to think its just a short walk from the T1 shopping lane

I notice this gate is generally advised with plenty of notice on the screens, more so than say a 400 gate, also if you check in at the desk staff advise if this gate is in use for your flight and advise for time etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Is 335 not part of the illusion that Aer Lingus is flying all short haul from terminal 2?

All short haul I took with them departed from pier B (which is actually more Terminal 1) or the Cargo Terminal extension, sorry, I mean the South Apron that can only be accessed by shuttle bus from gate 335 in "Terminal 2".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

bigar wrote: »
    Is 335 not part of the illusion that Aer Lingus is flying all short haul from terminal 2?

All short haul I took with them departed from pier B (which is actually more Terminal 1) or the Cargo Terminal extension, sorry, I mean the South Apron that can only be accessed by shuttle bus from gate 335 in "Terminal 2".
    Yeah, during the day the 400 gates are pretty much totally full with transatlantic departures, as these depart there’s some euro departures that will also use this pier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

But you'll get through T2 security quicker.

Thanks for all replies

I use fast track so will go the T1 route I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Gekko wrote: »
    Thanks for all replies

I use fast track so will go the T1 route I think

Go through T2 and you'll pass by the shops, go through T1 and you turn left after security missing the shops...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Go through T2 and you'll pass by the shops, go through T1 and you turn left after security missing the shops...

Thanks I might have to stick with T2 then! Good advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement