Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway kerosene price

Options
  • 30-10-2019 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

I'm running low on heating oil and I figured I'd ask what price per litre people are paying before and where they bought before I get quotes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

I know everyone will shout paranoid.
    I gave up using a certain big supplier in town as had continued issues with a new boiler. Put filter in and happened to also have a new tank. So talking to the boiler engineer he say it was the fuel, he was seeing evidence of washed fuel in the kerosene within the burner and looking in the tank you could see the wrong colours.
    So sometimes the cheapest fuel is the worst and costs you....
    Msg me and I'll give you the name but found another fair supplier and hadn't any issues since btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

The biggest differentiator is the volume you buy.

With a well know city distributor, 300lt is €258, which works out at 86c p/lt; however, 1000lt is €745, which is 74.5c p/lt. Somewhere in the middle, 600lt is €456, which is 76c p/lt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Buddy74 wrote: »
    I know everyone will shout paranoid.
    I gave up using a certain big supplier in town as had continued issues with a new boiler. Put filter in and happened to also have a new tank. So talking to the boiler engineer he say it was the fuel, he was seeing evidence of washed fuel in the kerosene within the burner and looking in the tank you could see the wrong colours.
    So sometimes the cheapest fuel is the worst and costs you....
    Msg me and I'll give you the name but found another fair supplier and hadn't any issues since btw.

I've also had an issue with a big supplier. I always rebuy 500 litres when the level gets to 4 inches in the tank. Since I switched last year from the big supplier, the filled level in the tank is almost 4 inches higher on the 2 occasions I've bought 500 litres. I'm currently using Top Oil using the promotion code which appears in the Bargain Alerts forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I've finally started tracking what I've paid over the years. I haven't had to buy yet this year but last year I got .68/l from MacMahon and .70/l from TopOil when buying 1000l.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

Corrib Oil promotion text today €359 for 500ltrs, 091-481400

Advertisement