Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sligo Southern Hotel .. what's it like?

• 23-11-2019 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

It's an absolutely average hotel in a very convenient location, especially if travelling by bus or train. In walking distance to everything in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

holly8 wrote: »
    Ya. Ha Ha. I got that.
    From a local perspective.

Whats it like? Well its a big yellow building with a roof and 4 walls and a car park. : )

Still not quite sure exactly what you're looking for? eg: to work there? to have a Stag or Hen Party, to treat a loved one on Valentines day, what the locals think of it? etc. : )

I think some of the clues are in the replies made by the hotel itself, which are a good summary of what to expect:

"We are a period hotel with an old world feel and our decor reflects this as we wished to keep the ambiance and atmosphere relating to this period. We understand that it is not to everyones taste.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us, our staff take a great deal of pleasure in offering our guests an efficient and friendly service/"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Family owned"

The McEniffe family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Whats it like? Well its a big yellow building with a roof and 4 walls and a car park. : )

Still not quite sure exactly what you're looking for? eg: to work there? to have a Stag or Hen Party, to treat a loved one on Valentines day, what the locals think of it? etc. : )

I think some of the clues are in the replies made by the hotel itself, which are a good summary of what to expect:

"We are a period hotel with an old world feel and our decor reflects this as we wished to keep the ambiance and atmosphere relating to this period. We understand that it is not to everyones taste.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us, our staff take a great deal of pleasure in offering our guests an efficient and friendly service/"

Family getogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

It’s a lovely hotel. Very convenient to Sligo Town and the bus and train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

holly8 wrote: »
    Family getogether

Would recommend Sligo Park over it but it's beside the bus/train & short walk into town centre.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I've never stayed in it .. but my kids do swimming lessons there every week .. I really like the decor of it .. its not like an all ultra modern hotel, it old fashion and homely in a nice way. The staff are all nice and the food is good value with nice portions. Its in a great location, practically in the center of town. The outside has just been painted and it looks well, it seems clean and well looked after. I wouldn't mind staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 babyllama

Is this hotel still open? Emailed and rang but no answer. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

babyllama wrote: »
    Is this hotel still open? Emailed and rang but no answer. Thanks.

Went past this yesterday(Thurs) & car park was half full so presume doing some business.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

Advertisement