Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4.5: That was cool! No one talked! But I (think I) got the messages! :)

The chase scene was borderline for me cos we've never seen him training but cool how they used middle of the road and cars to obstruct so I'll let them off :)
    Talisman wrote: »
    Then Vera shows up and mucks it all up. Maybe he was there just to bookend the no dialogue episode.

I think that was part of it. Someone begins the silence, someone ends it.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Slydice wrote: »
    4.5: That was cool! No one talked! But I (think I) got the messages! :)

The chase scene was borderline for me cos we've never seen him training but cool how they used middle of the road and cars to obstruct so I'll let them off :)

I think that was part of it. Someone begins the silence, someone ends it.

Exactly. Vera finishes the episode by saying "It’s time we talked." to kick dialogue off again for this week's episode after Darlene cut it off at the start by saying "We don't have to talk."

I was that engrossed in it that it was only after then I twigged that nobody had said anything, fantastic to pull that off. Can't wait to watch tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Vera should try an electric toothbrush.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Tonight’s episode was so full of dread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Just a minor detail but I wonder did
    Elliot really spike Olivia's drink or was it a bluff? I know we saw him buying "stuff" in the coffee shop earlier, but if she (Olivia) was going to go as far as actual failing a drug test then the "social engineering hack" would have failed any. Would Elliot have really gone that far? I was half expecting him to say he didn't spike the drink as he left, so I take it he did.

My last post was a little silly observation but I really like Vera's character, he comes across as enlightened but completely unhinged that puts fear in you, really well played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭Talisman

Just a minor detail but I wonder did
    Elliot really spike Olivia's drink or was it a bluff? I know we saw him buying "stuff" in the coffee shop earlier, but if she (Olivia) was going to go as far as actual failing a drug test then the "social engineering hack" would have failed any. Would Elliot have really gone that far? I was half expecting him to say he didn't spike the drink as he left, so I take it he did.
    The fact that Elliot has shut us out means we don't have any insight into what is going on in his head and we instead are witnessing his behavior as the other characters in the show see him. This Elliot doesn't care about the effect of their actions on others, a sociopath - it's the Elliot that Darlene said she hates. Mr Robot doesn't know who Elliot is anymore.
    You saw what we did back there. We just watched him destroy someone's life and none of us did a thing about it. Rules, morals, parameters they only break if you're broken to begin with. Did we change under pressure, or did this only reveal who we really are? I don't know anymore.

The opening scene with Vera at the table had a Last Supper vibe about it.

Is the podcast show that Janice was listening to when Dom called her significant?
    A guy who continually talks to an invisible entity that isn't there Has arguments with him.
    The invisible entity interrupts him sometimes.
    This is Exidor(??) and that is what Jan Matthys is like ...
    Return of a biblical prophet, Jan Matthys is preaching death and repentance before the Second Coming, and those who are not part of the chosen people are going to be horribly killed.

I'm not sure how knowing about Mr Robot will give Vera some power over Elliot.

Only two episodes remain and everyone is in play - prepare to be m1ndf#ck3d!

WOW! I JUMPED OUTTA MY CHAIR!

4.6: Yes, very tense. Was feeling worried about Elliot there when it looked like Darlene wasn't gonna make it. Felt like he'd have no way out with Vera.
    WOW! I JUMPED OUTTA MY CHAIR!

Ahem. That is to say.. did anyone else notice the sign?

495273.jpg

495274.jpg

SOUNDTRACK TIME! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Damn, the scene with the gun pointing at Darlene was very tense. The music in particular had me on edge!
    I love the half cheery nature of Janice mixed with cold-blooded threats.
    Only two episodes remain and everyone is in play - prepare to be m1ndf#ck3d!
    Well there's seven episodes left, just only two this year. It's a 13-episode season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

ixoy wrote: »
    Damn, the scene with the gun pointing at Darlene was very tense. The music in particular had me on edge!
    I love the half cheery nature of Janice mixed with cold-blooded threats.

Well there's seven episodes left, just only two this year. It's a 13-episode season.

Pretty sure it's all going to run in one go, with the finale on 29th December?

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    7 more episods! That's a relief.

Ahem. That is to say.. did anyone else notice the sign?
    That's OCi but RoboCop featured OCP (Omni Consumer Products) as the evil mega-corporation.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's all going to run in one go, with the finale on 29th December?
    You're right. Air dates for season 4 are October 6 to December 29, 2019.

That reminded me of this poster:
    3Qf1fyS.jpg
    SHIFT+CONTROL : Season Finale An Epic Xmas Special

That's OCi but RoboCop featured OCP (Omni Consumer Products) as the evil mega-corporation.

https://twitter.com/samesmail/status/1194371999608389632

It's another possible easter egg, just as Vera's clothing choice in the same episode could be a nod to Kill Bill's Beatrix Kiddo.

The Bride vs the Crazy 88 / Vera vs the Dark Army?

220px-The_bride_%28kill_bill%29.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Rami Malek was incredible in the latest episode

Shane St. wrote: »
    Rami Malek was incredible in the latest episode
    When I saw "Act One" and Vera's fanboy speech I was totally expecting a Tarantino homage but Esmail totally outdid himself with that episode in terms of the writing and direction. The episode was phenomenal and should win the series recognition for the work of its creator and the performances of the actors.

Regarding the window reveal - The evidence has been there from the very first episode, the targeting of pedophiles, the strict no touching rule that only applies to males, the Lolita reference (Dolores Haze) for Darlene on his phone. Mr. Robot is the idealised version of Elliot's father, and he has always stepped in to protect Elliot. I watched the earlier seasons recently and I didn't realise why Elliot switched to Mr. Robot in the scene where he was about to be assaulted/gang raped in prison until watching this episode.

The five acts of the episode correspond to the stages of the Kübler-Ross grief cycle: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Vera is so captivating with his dialogue and the one-liners. He's an abhorrent character, his rape of Shayla is what put him on Elliot's radar in the first place. His stated goal was to enslave Elliot, but his final line in Act 5, "Hey. You're not alone. I see you now.", has me questioning whether he was talking to Elliot as Little B!tch spoke to the bully in the hospital or if his intent was to be a true friend to Elliot. Either way it appears the shaman was right, Vera's destiny was to reconcile with Elliot.

I wonder is the revelation going to cause Elliot to crash and reboot into a state where he has once again forgotten what has been revealed because he is unable to live with it. The name Alderson could be a subtle hint to something like this. See the Alderson loop reference on Wikipedia for what I'm talking about.

There's so much more I could still say about the episode but I think I've said enough for now. I'm looking forward to Elliot reuniting with Darlene, it should make for an interesting conversation.

That episode was incredible. I think I need a while to take it all in.

4.7: Wow, that was just.. wow! That ending! Wow.
    When I saw "Act One" and ...

Great post, thanks for that!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

That episode really did explain so much but I really felt queasy after watching it. What a horrible twist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭brevity

Holy **** what a powerful episode. It was so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭letowski

Sam Esmail is an incredible director and writer.

I thought the pace of the episode was perfect, it really allowed for the tension and emotion to build before
    Elliot started to remember that key moment in his life.
    That along with the musical score and Rami's acting, it was a brilliant episode. This was one of Sam's finest pieces of work with this television series.

Season 4 has been very good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrBobbyZ

Season 4 has been excellent. Transformed a very good show into a great show IMO. The acting and production have always been of a high standard but this season the story arc seems that bit more focused. Every reveal feels true to the series, unlike many shows where twists are crammed in that do not make sense on a rewatch. It's an outstanding example of TV production. Cant wait to see how it all pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,134 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just watched episode 7 and wow what an episode, I was on the edge of my seat literally and when it finished I sat there for ages thinking about how brilliant it was, fantastic episode

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

It's interesting that the third personality was so nonplussed by the news of Vera's release. My initial take was that he was a real badass who was confident he could deal with him. However there was nothing to suggest that he had any plans in mind at all, as Elliot was in real peril. So now I wonder, is the third personality malign, and happy for Elliot to come to harm?

I don't really know who it might be. If it is a badass character then the two that come to mind are the moustache guy, and the guy who protected Elliot in prison. Neither strike me as likely though. I hope it's not something land like the audience or Sam Esmail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Homecoming is on Amazon Prime or Now TV and is good. It is also by Sam Esmail. It stars Julia Roberts. Best approached with zero info about the plot.

Homecoming is on Amazon Prime or Now TV and is good. It is also by Sam Esmail. It stars Julia Roberts. Best approached with zero info about the plot.

He's also a producer of Briarpatch starring Rosario Dawson which is out next year.

I don't really know who it might be. If it is a badass character then the two that come to mind are the moustache guy, and the guy who protected Elliot in prison. Neither strike me as likely though. I hope it's not something land like the audience or Sam Esmail.
    Are you refering to Irving and Leon?

327443.jpg

mr-robot-season-3-episode-7-leon.png?w=300&h=203

Neither of them are alternates.

4.08 : After the trauma of the previous episode, the Darlene and Dom situtation felt like a bit of comic relief and Deegan stole the show.

Deegan: "Now you have yourself a merry little Christmas. Ta-ta for now, you flange."

• Advertisement

4.8: That built me right up to :eek: and then finished with :(

What Dominique did was so badass! but damn that performance by Rami Malek and the music at the end just right up gutted me :(

Advertisement