Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Mr. Robot-USA Network-US Pace(**Spoilers**)

• 27-05-2015 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59,970 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The pilot is out on Hulu and other places.

Fingers crossed for Christian Slater that he gets a hit at long last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭satguy

I just watched the 1 hour pilot,, and have to say, wow I am really impressed.

It's been a long time since I watched such a good first episode of a new TV show. Well done to USA Network..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Couldn't resist when I saw the title of this show and its logo... :o:o:o:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,412 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Excellent pilot (strongest I've seen in quite a while).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

now that was a great pilot, almost felt like a film, hard to think it was only a hour long, it seemed way longer with the amount of story they managed to fit in,

itll be interesting to see how the series goes, is that a good or bad meeting hes about to go into, yerman obviously knows he switched folders, there's something about him, id say hes probably the real CTO of evil corp, it would be great if we found out slaters character worked for him and had his boss set-up,

im thinking most of the evil corp stuff we see is actually through elliotts perspective, isnt the company called E company, but even the news people were calling it evil corp, as the CTO was being taken into custody on the news, it said Evil Corp CTO

i cant wait to see more, its gonna drive me mad waiting for episode 2

• Registered Users Posts: 59,970 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

USA does it again it looks like they have another summer hit on there hands.

A really interesting pilot and that hooks you straight away looking forward to when it kicks off next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭crushproof

Wow, just watched.

For a pilot that was something else, really felt like a full length film. I just hope they can keep it at that standard for the rest of the season. Definately alot to look forward to.Be interesting to see if everything that happens, happens. Or is some of it in simply in his head....

Ah, dammit I just read above it's a month till E2!

*PS nice to see the ex-President got a position in the corporate sector after his ousting. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Well that was great TV! The first new show Ive watched in ages and one I'll be sticking with.

Question: Who was
    the guy in the room at the end
    ?

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Well that was great TV! The first new show Ive watched in ages and one I'll be sticking with.

Question: Who was
    the guy in the room at the end
    ?
    were not 100% yet, but hes part of evil corp, he was the one who talked to elliott when they were touring, saying he was still using linux for his work computer, which immediately i thought this is probably a person to be careful of, and later when elliott had his report ready, he was gonna give the white one but switched to the blue one that framed yerman, it was that guy again that saw the switch, so he knows elliott hung his boss out to dry, but i dunno if he was his boss or just a figure head,

some interesting dynamics going on in the show, going from the start the people talking in an office elliott was on about the top 1% of the top 1%, so i dunno if the people in the room at the end are them again and they are the top men,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,708 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

could the story be said to be recursive?

don ramo wrote: »

im thinking most of the evil corp stuff we see is actually through elliotts perspective, isnt the company called E company, but even the news people were calling it evil corp, as the CTO was being taken into custody on the news, it said Evil Corp CTO

i cant wait to see more, its gonna drive me mad waiting for episode 2
    at one point he said he trained himself to always hear E Corp as evil corp, so I wouldn't take it that everything we see where sombody says evil corp is his imagination, its just that word.

looks like the Dell logo.

• Advertisement

at one point he said he trained himself to always hear E Corp as evil corp, so I wouldn't take it that everything we see where somebody says evil corp is his imagination, its just that word.

looks like the Dell logo.
    yeah but the news on the tv had evil corp written across the screen, somehow i dont think the news could call it evil corp, theyd have to say E Corp

it questions whether we are watching elliott exist in the world, or are we seeing the world through elliotts eyes,

yeah but the news on the tv had evil corp written across the screen, somehow i dont think the news could call it evil corp, theyd have to say E Corp

it questions whether we are watching elliott exist in the world, or are we seeing the world through elliotts eyes,

sorry he said its all his mind 'sees hears or reads', so even when not in his imagination he will hear evilcorp.

sorry he said its all his mind 'sees hears or reads', so even when not in his imagination he will hear evilcorp.
    ah i get ya now, so were seeing his world so,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Excellent pilot, definitely a show i will be watching with interest.

ah i get ya now, so were seeing his world so,

well the whole show is generally from his POV, that word is always changed what ever the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Wouldn't have known about this show only for seeing it earlier today.Very good pilot indeed.An long wait now though.

Delighted to see Rami Malek on screen, he was excellent in the pacific.I cant remember the last time i watched something with Christian Slater in it.I think it was the movie Windtalkers years ago prob even longer , Broken Arrow....some film.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,244 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Christian Slater has had a string of shows over the last few years that have all tanked in the first series, some of them were quite good such as Breaking in and My own worst enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Skerries wrote: »
    Christian Slater has had a string of shows over the last few years that have all tanked in the first series, some of them were quite good such as Breaking in and My own worst enemy

My heart sank when I realised it was him on the subway initially. Thankfully he's managed to rein-in the Slaterism's so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭sioda

Very impressed love the soundtrack. Hope Slater has a success this time.

• Fantastic pilot. When is the full season starting? Absolutely fantastic Sorkinian-style rant.

• Advertisement

Fantastic pilot. When is the full season starting? Absolutely fantastic Sorkinian-style rant.
    24th of june, thatll be the official airing of the pilot, so no new episode till the 1st of july :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just watched this show based on this thread. I'm glad I did. Will be watching with interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

now that was a great pilot, almost felt like a film, hard to think it was only a hour long, it seemed way longer with the amount of story they managed to fit in
    After watching it for 20 minutes, my reaction was; THAT WAS ONLY TWENTY EFFING MINUTES????????????

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Looks like the making of a great show.
    But why did they need Elliot to put the IP address into the .dat file - surely it would be easy for them to do it. Looks like he may be a fall-guy or maybe it was just a test to prove his loyalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I think it was to prove his loyalty more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,657 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Also he changed the permissions on the file so only he could access it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I've been looking for a new show to get stuck into for a while now and I think this will be it. Loved the pilot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Also he changed the permissions on the file so only he could access it.

That doesn't make sense. They were able to insert a note for him not to delete the file so why not put the IP address in?

Either it was a test or the whole thing is a Fight Club type of situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭BKtje

The whole thing is screaming fight club situation to me from pretty much the get go, hopefully more to it than that. Loved it and shall definitely be putting it on my weekly watch list if that sort of quality continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got a less futuristic version of Deus Ex Human revolution from it, whole corporations controlling everything etc, soundtrack was kinda similar as well.
    Liked it a lot, defo one to watch

Advertisement