Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Band

Options
  • 22-11-2019 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen these guys live lately. Saw them couple of years ago. And it was brilliant. I'm thinking of going to Vicar st tomorrow night. Had a look at the setlist there. They only play about 12 songs. What's the rest of the show made up of.

I remember seeing them in Vicar St - the song Why'd they hide their bodies .... almost listed the roof off. I actually got a fright when the thumping sound came in and everyone just went mental.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Going tonight so I’ll report back but not sure why you’d be hesitant if you’ve seen them before. It’ll be a phenomenal show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Going tonight so I’ll report back but not sure why you’d be hesitant if you’ve seen them before. It’ll be a phenomenal show.

Not really hesitant. Just torn between Liam Gallagher in 3Arena or Girl Band. Can't go to Gallagher on Sunday night. 3Arena will be good.
    But I don't think I can bypass Girl Band. The 2 times I saw them before were brilliant. Maybe it's the fact that I have seen them twice that's why I'm not chomping at the bit. I know it will be excellent, but I know what to expect.
    But then again, that was couple of years ago. New album now will bring a bit of unknown.

Oh I don't know. Anyway, enjoy; whoever is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

Not really hesitant. Just torn between Liam Gallagher in 3Arena or Girl Band. Can't go to Gallagher on Sunday night. 3Arena will be good.
    But I don't think I can bypass Girl Band. The 2 times I saw them before were brilliant. Maybe it's the fact that I have seen them twice that's why I'm not chomping at the bit. I know it will be excellent, but I know what to expect.
    But then again, that was couple of years ago. New album now will bring a bit of unknown.

Oh I don't know. Anyway, enjoy; whoever is going.

I'm going, just discovered them on Spotify Discover Weekly last monday, got ticket on Ticketswap and voilà ;)

If you haven’t seen them live before, it’s a fair gig. A lot more intense than the albums. And that says something. If up in the front half of the crowd, be prepared for a good old fashioned bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Going to this tonight, what time did it finish up lastnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

Finished around the half ten mark.

What did you think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

They were very very good. Its great to have them back. Powpig are worth going in early for too.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Was at the gig tonight. Savage stuff.

Must see music - hoping they play ATN next year

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

That was truly sensational. So different to other bands out there. The place was electric. Hopefully they can play more gigs in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Incredible stuff. Delighted to have them back.

Anybody else think the new tunes are a little underwhelming live. Other than Shoulderblades. The old stuff is obviously incredible - Pears, lawman, Where'd..., Paul etc. A short enough set, but to be honest I don't think the body could take another half hour of a hammering.
    Overall, great entertainment for €30 bucks.

Advertisement