Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get Montessori teacher

Options
  • 23-11-2019 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

My child is in Montessori for 3 hours a day. His teacher is a 25 year old woman and she's lovely. Any suggestions for xmas present? What amount would you spend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When I had mine in crèche full time he was looked after by two minders, I think I sent in 2 50 euro boots vouchers.

We moved and changed crèche well preschool now, like you only in for 3 hours a day. Last year management sent home a letter requesting no presents or to make a donation to a designated charity.

I wouldn't be going overboard though for 3 hours a day! A one for all voucher for 20 euro I feel is plenty generous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

With a flock of teachers in the family, I can tell you they don't want gifts from parents or children at Christmas. A card with a sincere note is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We always just get our creche a tin of sweets. Not very imaginative but I figure they can divy out the 50 tins of sweets that no doubt they get every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

A little newbridge tree ornament always goes down well. Not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Postgrad10 wrote: »

That's a really lovely idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

That's a really lovely idea :)

You can get them personalised if you buy direct from Newbridge. It’s something the teacher can have forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Postgrad10 wrote: »

Never thought of this before. I've ordered a lovely snowflake with a picture of the nativity in it for our little girls teacher. It's her first year in big school so the first time we've had to buy just one teacher a present as multiple people mind them in the creche. Delighted to mark that off the list now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I have a friend who is a montessori teacher, gifts aren't expected but I know her preference is for Starbucks/Costa vouchers (no more than €10 max in value) as she gets good use out of them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Never thought of this before. I've ordered a lovely snowflake with a picture of the nativity in it for our little girls teacher. It's her first year in big school so the first time we've had to buy just one teacher a present as multiple people mind them in the creche. Delighted to mark that off the list now :D
    I love when this forum gives a light-bulb moment for a present!

Advertisement