Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premium croke park

Options
  • 22-11-2019 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Someone gave me an idea about premium tickets for croke park and I'm putting it out here to see if any of ye can identify any potential pitfalls.

Do you think it would be possible to go 'halfs' on a ticket with someone (both paying upfront) for a set period, ie10 years. For example, I am solely interested in football so if I could find someone solely interested in hurling we could split the price and they get all the hurling and I get the football. It would certainly make it more cost effective (650 per annum per person) and you wouldnt feel like the ticket is wasted.

Would there be problems around credit on the account/concerts etc? Is it against the rules - ie do you have to have Id etc? I'm sure there would be difficulties if both parties entered a payment plan then one wanted out.

What do ye all think? Is it a workable idea or too complicated?

If there are any mad hurling fans who are interested PM me.

JM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

the GAA frowns about stuff like this, but you can probably get away with it...

but whoever takes the hurling half is probably the loser here no??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Priomh1976

mrmorgan wrote: »
    the GAA frowns about stuff like this, but you can probably get away with it...

but whoever takes the hurling half is probably the loser here no??

Thanks for the reply. Are there less hurling games in croke park or what's the story?

I think they are moving the neutral super 8s games out of croke park next year too in the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Priomh1976 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Are there less hurling games in croke park or what's the story?

I think they are moving the neutral super 8s games out of croke park next year too in the football.

Only 4 hurling games in Croke Park a year.
    Leinster final,Two All-Ireland semis and the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Didnt hear about the super 8's!!

then what will people get for their premium fees??

Football league final.

• Advertisement

Im open to correction but I'm sure I read it that they are going to neutral venues after special the Congress meeting in October.

I'd actually prefer if it went back to 4 straight quarter finals like before.

Are there no hurling quarters in croke park?

Priomh1976 wrote: »
    Im open to correction but I'm sure I read it that they are going to neutral venues after special the Congress meeting in October.

I'd actually prefer if it went back to 4 straight quarter finals like before.

Are there no hurling quarters in croke park?

Was this year. First QF in HQ since 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Your idea will work no problem from a logistical point of view. The tickets are in a booklet that come at the start of the year so you would just divide them up. There's no ID check or anything like that. Concerts are only optional extras so no issue there.

Your challenge will be in finding somebody to go halves but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

grimbergen wrote: »
    Your idea will work no problem from a logistical point of view. The tickets are in a booklet that come at the start of the year so you would just divide them up. There's no ID check or anything like that. Concerts are only optional extras so no issue there.

Your challenge will be in finding somebody to go halves but you never know.

And getting Croke Park let him split the payment in two, if that's what the OP meant by both of them paying up front.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    And getting Croke Park let him split the payment in two, if that's what the OP meant by both of them paying up front.

Thanks for the replies guys. The only issue now will be to find someone I suppose!

Good to know that there doesn't seem to be too many logistical issues

• Advertisement
Advertisement