Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The chemical brothers June 30th

• 22-11-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭

Just bagged a ticket for this can't wait have never seen them live but always been on my bucket list. What's Musgrave park like for gigs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Just bagged a ticket for this can't wait have never seen them live but always been on my bucket list. What's Musgrave park like for gigs?

me too (never seen them before) so I'm looking forward to this. From talking to people who went to the gigs last summer they were well impressed with the setup. It's quite central, the walk into town is around 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭RINO87

The Chemical brothers put on a great show. Have not been to Musgrave myself for gigs, but I live in Cork, and reports of the venue last year were all good.... Its walkable from town etc, consensus seemed that its better than the Marquee (I've always found the sound in the Marquee to be sheeeeeeiiiite).

Only reservation Id' have here is its still going to be bright when that gig finishes at that time of year, visuals won't have the same effect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

RINO87 wrote: »
    The Chemical brothers put on a great show. Have not been to Musgrave myself for gigs, but I live in Cork, and reports of the venue last year were all good.... Its walkable from town etc, consensus seemed that its better than the Marquee (I've always found the sound in the Marquee to be sheeeeeeiiiite).

Only reservation Id' have here is its still going to be bright when that gig finishes at that time of year, visuals won't have the same effect!!

What time will the gig finish? 10pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,759 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The venue that park is in a good location and well organised, well it was this year, park and ride free parking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

RINO87 wrote: »

good point RINO87 :(

• Advertisement

Got tickets on Wednesday. Was planning on heading over to one of the UK gigs in the past month or so but the plans never materialized. I've been dying to see them for as long as I can remember. As mentioned, my only gripe is that its outdoors in the summer. Kind of gig that needs to be indoors or very late at night. I'm sure we'll enjoy it anyway. Currently watching this years Glastonbury set and have the volume up! Can't wait!!!

Got tickets on Wednesday. Was planning on heading over to one of the UK gigs in the past month or so but the plans never materialized. I've been dying to see them for as long as I can remember. As mentioned, my only gripe is that its outdoors in the summer. Kind of gig that needs to be indoors or very late at night. I'm sure we'll enjoy it anyway. Currently watching this years Glastonbury set and have the volume up! Can't wait!!!

Yeah I watched there glasto set again last night, Absolutely unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’d say their show really needs darkness for the full effect of the lasers etc. It’ll still be banging though

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

good point RINO87 :(

Yeah it's the exact reason I didn't buy any tickets either. I've been to quite a few shows like that during the summer in daylight over the years and it's just not the same.

Shame as the prices really seemed great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Don't expect what you've seen on YouTube. Skipping this one. Seen them 10+ times now and only once outside when it was bright. In comparison it was ****e. They won't have the full show, be like a DJ set, and it'll be full of kids on a Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hoboo wrote: »
    Don't expect what you've seen on YouTube. Skipping this one. Seen them 10+ times now and only once outside when it was bright. In comparison it was ****e. They won't have the full show, be like a DJ set, and it'll be full of kids on a Tuesday.

Well we've heard from Dr Bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah agree on the daylight issue at least half of Aphex Twins gig at Forbidden Fruit in 2011 was in daylight although that went on till 10.45, his second appearance in 2017 was a bit darker alright.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

They won't have the full show, be like a DJ set, and it'll be full of kids on a Tuesday.

Am Chemical brothers are always a DJ set and why wouldnt it be their full show?
    Considering their fan base there will be a lot of people in their 30's and 40's.

What's Musgrave park like for gigs?

Very impressed with it last year. Everything on the pitch I. E bar and food. Very good sound quality. Close walk to town or a free car park (black ash park and ride) not even five minutes away. It's a million times better than the Marquee.

I don't go to gigs for production I go for the music.

I don't go to gigs for production I go for the music.

I understand the sentiment but if you've not been to a chemical brothers show before its hard to overstate how important darkness is, its about the spectacle as much as the tunes. It'll sound the same as spotify.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I understand the sentiment but if you've not been to a chemical brothers show before its hard to overstate how important darkness is, its about the spectacle as much as the tunes. It'll sound the same as spotify.

I understand the visuals are cool and all but I genuinely wouldn't be bothered too much.

So what you're saying is if it was dark it would sound different than Spotify??

What you talking about it? It is the full show.

Ye it won't be as good as the indoor gigs but the setup is so massive and the lights so powerful it will still be brilliant. I've seen them outdoors and indoors and always had the time of my life.

Don't miss a chance to see the chemical brothers. Their current show is incredible.

Mascher wrote: »
    What you talking about it? It is the full show.

Ye it won't be as good as the indoor gigs but the setup is so massive and the lights so powerful it will still be brilliant. I've seen them outdoors and indoors and always had the time of my life.

Don't miss a chance to see the chemical brothers. Their current show is incredible.

I honestly can't wait!!

I understand the visuals are cool and all but I genuinely wouldn't be bothered too much.

So what you're saying is if it was dark it would sound different than Spotify??

Thats not what I said at all but whatever, I hope its a cracker. They blew me away at glasto this year. One thing id say is resist the temptation to go right up front and instead stay about a third the way back otherwise you miss the full scale of it.

• Advertisement

I honestly can't wait!!

It's gonna be great!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Will this sell out??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Dunno if it'll sell out

I wouldn't have went but the GF got me two tickets so I'm obliged to go now. Can't wait for it. June this year is full of gigs for me

Anyone else thinking this probably won't go ahead? :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Would bet my house on it getting postponed or cancelled in the next few weeks.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Would bet my house on it getting postponed or cancelled in the next few weeks.

Ah ya its a given at this stage. Absolutely sickened :( Needs must though.

Officially postponed for a year. Not getting an option for a refund on the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Officially postponed for a year. Not getting an option for a refund on the email?

Has it given a date for next year? Cant see anything online

dmm82 wrote: »
    Has it given a date for next year? Cant see anything online

29th of June 2021. Nearly a year to the day. Still a Tuesday and all

• Advertisement

Just copped what day it is today. Some dose :(

Advertisement