Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court bans Ryanair's hand luggage fee in Spain

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Interesting to note that it's not only in Ireland that some District Court judges are complete g0bsh1tes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Unbelieveable that this would go to court! If you don't pay for priority boarding then don't expect to bring a 10KG case on board!

However from the Spanish case:
    The court ordered Ryanair to refund her the €20 plus interest, but rejected her demand for compensation of a further €10 for the suffering she experienced, according to court documents.

If this was in Ireland i'm sure it would have been more like:
    The court ordered Ryanair to refund her the €20 plus interest of €10,000, and also Approved her demand for compensation of a further €100,000 for the suffering she experienced, according to court documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Yes, I noted the request for 10 euro compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,906 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

171170 wrote: »
    Interesting to note that it's not only in Ireland that some District Court judges are complete g0bsh1tes.

How can a judge say that their judgement can't be appealed? I assume that's what Ryanair are saying the judge misquoted the European Court of justice

Del2005 wrote: »
    How can a judge say that their judgement can't be appealed? I assume that's what Ryanair are saying the judge misquoted the European Court of justice

I think that was sloppy reporting.

According to a report in the Daily Telegraph, the ruling cannot be appealed as the time available to lodge an appeal has elapsed without any of the parties involved having done so. So, in fairness to the judge, she may not have said what she was quoted as saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Apologies, you lost me with that one, what did the judge do?

bladespin wrote: »
    Apologies, you lost me with that one, what did the judge do?

You'd need to study the report linked in the first post.

Any comprehension difficulties, come back to me and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

You'd need to study the report linked in the first post.

Any comprehension difficulties, come back to me and ask.

I did before I asked, thanks.

No comprehension difficulties here I can assure you but can't see anything the judge did that could be described as gobhi1teism, please elaborate.

Advertisement