Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webley and scott

Options
  • 18-11-2019 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

asking for a friend anyone know anything about the webley and scott 912
    he is looking at one and also a silma m70 any info on either gun or which is
    best. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

skipking wrote: »
    asking for a friend anyone know anything about the webley and scott 912
    he is looking at one and also a silma m70 any info on either gun or which is
    best. thanks.

Both are your run of the mill shotguns. Noting too fancy. Silma seem to be good for the money shot an m80 sporter and it was decent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Is he buying new OP? Reason I ask is that the Webley and Scott 1012 is a better gun than the 912 and you can pick one up new for just over 1000 euro. Silma are solid, an M70 or even an M80 which be 1000-1100 new. If I had to choose from the 2 you have given I would go with the Webley. I hate the metal work on the action of the Silma, looks so cheap, but the guns shoot really well.

Or is he looking at second hand? Go with a Sporting Deluxe or a Gold Deluxe Lanber. Get a decent one for between 700-800. Very solid guns, take alot from Beretta, with good internals and are well built considering the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

he does not mind new or second hand he has a benelli m2 he wants to trade in with 400-500 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭oldgit1897

See if he can find a Miroku, made in Japan, tough as old boots, reliable and well made. The guns you as about are low end Italian and Turkish.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭johnogog88

skipking wrote: »
    he does not mind new or second hand he has a benelli m2 he wants to trade in with 400-500 euro.

Would he be interested in selling the m2?thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

sorry for the late reply gun was traded in and has since been sold on.

Advertisement