Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Character in Edgar Reitz`s Die zweite Heimat - Chronik einer Jugend

Options
  • 18-11-2019 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Who is your favorite character in Edgar Reitz`s masterpiece Die Zweite Heimat - Chronik einer Jugend (Heimat 2: A Chronicle of a Generation)?

Who is the best character in Die zweite Heimat - Chronik einer Jugend? 0 votes

Hermann Simon
    0% 0 votes
    Clarissa Lichtblau
    0% 0 votes
    Juan Ramon Fernandez Subercaseaux
    0% 0 votes
    Waltraud "Schnüsschen" Schneider
    0% 0 votes
    Helga Aufschrey
    0% 0 votes
    Stefan Aufhäuser
    0% 0 votes
    Rob Stürmer
    0% 0 votes
    Reinhard Dörr
    0% 0 votes
    Alex
    0% 0 votes
    Elisabeth Cerphal
    0% 0 votes
    Volker Schimmelpfennig
    0% 0 votes
    Jean-Marie Weber
    0% 0 votes
    Olga Müller
    0% 0 votes
    Renate Leineweber
    0% 0 votes
    Ansgar Herzsprung
    0% 0 votes
    Evelyne Cerphal
    0% 0 votes
    Frau Moretti
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

I think the fact you left out the fanboys favourites "Konsul Handschuh", "Herr Edel" and "Gerold Gattinger" hasn't helped your poll.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Troyaferd wrote: »
    ?

Respectfully Troyaferd, you started a poll about a niche 1993 German film that's probably unknown even in Germany, let alone an Irish film forum. A film that apparently runs for 25 hours(!!!) and reads like the ultimate form of the domestic drudgery genre. Frankly, it sounds like a tedious art installation.

Not sure how you can seriously expect a buzzing thread on something this cinematically peripheral.

Maybe instead of throwing a poll at people, perhaps explain to the forum why YOU think this specific film deserves praise above all, especially considering both Irish & British film has its fair share of "kitchen sink" drama - that's often a good bit shorter too. Otherwise I daresay most are finding this thread a bit meaningless, but that's just me.

mathie wrote: »
    I think the fact you left out the fanboys favourites "Konsul Handschuh", "Herr Edel" and "Gerold Gattinger" hasn't helped your poll.

True, how could I? :) who was your favourite?

pixelburp wrote: »
    Respectfully Troyaferd, you started a poll about a niche 1993 German film that's probably unknown even in Germany, let alone an Irish film forum. A film that apparently runs for 25 hours(!!!) and reads like the ultimate form of the domestic drudgery genre. Frankly, it sounds like a tedious art installation.

Not sure how you can seriously expect a buzzing thread on something this cinematically peripheral.

Maybe instead of throwing a poll at people, perhaps explain to the forum why YOU think this specific film deserves praise above all, especially considering both Irish & British film has its fair share of "kitchen sink" drama - that's often a good bit shorter too. Otherwise I daresay most are finding this thread a bit meaningless, but that's just me.

I see. I suppose most people these days prefer to watch Marvel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I see. I suppose most people these days prefer to watch Marvel.

No, more than you chose possibly the most niche, art-house thing I've ever seen on this forum. Give people a little more credit.

And like I said, if you think this film is somehow worthy of a poll, perhaps if you explain why a 1993 German 25 hour behemoth of a film is worth one, you might encourage people to seek it out or engage :)

pixelburp wrote: »
    No, more than you chose possibly the most niche, art-house thing I've ever seen on this forum. Give people a little more credit.

And like I said, if you think this film is somehow worthy of a poll, perhaps if you explain why a 1993 German 25 hour behemoth of a film is worth one, you might encourage people to seek it out or engage :)

There are TV Series much longer than 25 Hours ;).

It's an amazing piece of novelistic storytelling long before serials like The Wire or The Sopranos. It is actually 13 Episode Films.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

There are TV Series much longer than 25 Hours ;).

It's an amazing piece of novelistic storytelling long before serials like The Wire or The Sopranos. It is actually 13 Episode Films.

I really think you don't understand what pixel burp is telling you.

And getting your "snob" on about Marvel is not very original. Edgar Reitz would not be impressed, I'm sure.

I really think you don't understand what pixel burp is telling you.

True.
    And getting your "snob" on about Marvel is not very original. Edgar Reitz would not be impressed, I'm sure.

I see.

Advertisement