Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOMO network and failure to receive SMS

• 08-11-2019 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, I have signed up with GOMO and noticed that SMS from certain people (not all) are failing to be received on my end. Also I tried to sign up with online banking and AIB Notification code wasn't coming through via SMS. Has anyone similar experience?

I tried getting help on GOMO chat but that was useless, their response was "If you're having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation we advise you to contact them directly with your query. We have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭leche solara

There are already 7 GoMo threads and you needed to start a new one? Are the messages you are not receiving all coming from people on the same network?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

sim_eire wrote: »
    Hi all, I have signed up with GOMO and noticed that SMS from certain people (not all) are failing to be received on my end. Also I tried to sign up with online banking and AIB Notification code wasn't coming through via SMS. Has anyone similar experience?

I tried getting help on GOMO chat but that was useless, their response was "If you're having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation we advise you to contact them directly with your query. We have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. "

This has happened me also, on top of little or no connection to 3G most of the time. I regret signing up to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sim_eire

There are already 7 GoMo threads and you needed to start a new one? Are the messages you are not receiving all coming from people on the same network?

Both numbers (that I am aware of!) that sent me text are 087 plus AIB verification code, all failing. Perhaps someone else found a way to resolve this. Other than changing provider, which I am tempted to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jimbob1255

Also having this issue and after emailing multiple times plus trying time after time again on Twitter I finally got a response. Copy and paste job with same reply as you about routing however I was told to get onto my bank and get them to fix who they route their messages through. I told them that was absolute rubbish and I wanted it investigated further, no reply of course!

I'm not receiving any messages from any sort of company like this. not getting OTP from ulsterbank or Parcel Motel. Is this is a common issue? Anyone come across this in other threads, I've tried looking but can't come across info on it. Would like to see has anyone got to the bottom of it or anyone with any expertise to say this actually could be correct or it's utter crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭KildareP

Sounds like the port didn't fully update all operator databases so one (or more) are still trying to route calls and messages to your old operator. If you can try a call and text from each of the various operators you'll probably narrow it down to one who won't be able to call/text you anymore.

Can happen when porting to/from any combination of operators, not just Eir/GoMo. Used to happen quite a bit with O2 for some reason.

Has to be sorted from your current operator end (GoMo unfortunately - interesting test to see how capable their support is).

Porting away generally doesn't fix it either from experience... Although you could port to a more capable operator to get it resolved, then return.

• Advertisement

KildareP wrote: »
    Sounds like the port didn't fully update all operator databases so one (or more) are still trying to route calls and messages to your old operator. If you can try a call and text from each of the various operators you'll probably narrow it down to one who won't be able to call/text you anymore.

Can happen when porting to/from any combination of operators, not just Eir/GoMo. Used to happen quite a bit with O2 for some reason.

Has to be sorted from your current operator end (GoMo unfortunately - interesting test to see how capable their support is).

Porting away generally doesn't fix it either from experience... Although you could port to a more capable operator to get it resolved, then return.

Thanks for your knowledge on that, very interesting. Now for the hard part, contacting GOMO. Want to stick them out as I'm sure once they get experience and this initial influx of customers die down customer service will return to something half decent however with Christmas season coming more people will be joining with their new phones so I don't imagine it will die down anytime soon. Appreciate the suggestion about the swapping to a reliable network and swapping back, I'm going to highly consider that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭irishchris

I'm trying to port to Lycamobile but gomo not receiving the otp needed to move!! Had same issue with steam otp, kbc otp etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

I am on GoMo and have no issue getting texts from AIB and Parcel Motel. Hence, suspect that the above is a sms porting issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

I ported over from Vodafone a couple of days ago and so far no problems with receiving calls or texts.
    I just did a check there with PTSB online ad they sent me a text code when I asked for an e statement

• Registered Users Posts: 30 will_forde

I just tested it with google & twitter.
    Got the 2FA text from google but not from twitter. Bit of a problem as am now locked out of twitter. oops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭rn

Same here. Not getting texts from companies, 2FA from bank and texts from vfone mobiles. Incredibly strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

I've sent a few texts to friends & family of the new gomo number . None have replied , wondering are the texts getting through or are they just ignoring me :-p

It's erratic as some otp work but most don't. If was a port issue no otp should work. Going to have to find another way to port out of this network

Has anyone managed to get a full conversation with GOMO customer support about this? I've been trying but getting one reply every 3 to 4 days really isn't getting me anywhere. Whether it be a port issue or not the problem lies on their side as we can see that OTP can be received it is just limited to a few people ( or a lot, time will tell). Just wondering if anyone has actually managed to get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I had been receiving my 2FA texts from Twitter but as if this morning I'm not. No chatter on Twitter at all, so I'm assuming this is just related to little old me because otherwise it would have blown up with reports of being not being able to receive SMS if it was global.

jimbob1255 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get a full conversation with GOMO customer support about this? I've been trying but getting one reply every 3 to 4 days really isn't getting me anywhere. Whether it be a port issue or not the problem lies on their side as we can see that OTP can be received it is just limited to a few people ( or a lot, time will tell). Just wondering if anyone has actually managed to get it sorted?

Spent an hour getting nowhere in chat this morning with this shower. They have a pretyped paragraph on how it is not their error and have to contact the company/bank that is sending the otp. Problem is there are four of different banks/companies otp that are not coming to my phone so it is definitely gomo side. Trying to port away requires a otp also which doesn't come through and assume they after intentionally blocking. Now going to a physical store to try to port away. Really really poor Network and underhanded support

irishchris wrote: »
    Spent an hour getting nowhere in chat this morning with this shower. They have a pretyped paragraph on how it is not their error and have to contact the company/bank that is sending the otp. Problem is there are four of different banks/companies otp that are not coming to my phone so it is definitely gomo side. Trying to port away requires a otp also which doesn't come through and assume they after intentionally blocking. Now going to a physical store to try to port away. Really really poor Network and underhanded support

I got the same pretyped reply. I haven't tried to port away from they yet but I'm finding it very amusing they are telling us to contact the organisation in question, however who do we contact when you can't receive the OTP from GOMO to port away. I can't figure out how they don't have a system to their customer complaint system. They don't seem to be giving them ticket numbers so they can close them out and they just don't seem to be closing anyone's query and rather just robbing everyone off

• Registered Users Posts: 30 will_forde

I'm finally get 2FA texts from twitter now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

Bizarre how most people say there is no issue (like myself), some people say there is an issue and some people say they had an issue and it is now fixed.

Can anyone offer a technical reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

will_forde wrote: »
    I'm finally get 2FA texts from twitter now again.
    Same!

Although I didn't raise a ticket with them.

• Advertisement

JTMan wrote: »
    I am on GoMo and have no issue getting texts from AIB and Parcel Motel. Hence, suspect that the above is a sms porting issue.

Can anyone else confirm they are receiving from OTP or just texts in general from Ulster Bank or Parcel Motel like JTMan. They are still trying to tell me it's not their issue and to go sort it out with the organisation's I'm having problems. Just want to confirm this is actually GoMo side before I keep pushing. Already said I have confirmation it works for others but have no confirmation for Ulster bank customers yet. Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nagel

jimbob1255 wrote: »
    Can anyone else confirm they are receiving from OTP or just texts in general from Ulster Bank or Parcel Motel like JTMan. They are still trying to tell me it's not their issue and to go sort it out with the organisation's I'm having problems. Just want to confirm this is actually GoMo side before I keep pushing. Already said I have confirmation it works for others but have no confirmation for Ulster bank customers yet. Thanks folks

have you an 085 number or have you ported from another network,
    I had the same problem with Vodafone , could not get the 2fa texts I had an 083 number on voda , mrs Nagel was getting the texts from the same bank but she was on voda with an 087 no, when I changed my number with the bank to a spare 087 no I got the texts. even though vodafone were saying that it was a systemwide problem, Just wondering

nagel wrote: »
    have you an 085 number or have you ported from another network,
    I had the same problem with Vodafone , could not get the 2fa texts I had an 083 number on voda , mrs Nagel was getting the texts from the same bank but she was on voda with an 087 no, when I changed my number with the bank to a spare 087 no I got the texts. even though vodafone were saying that it was a systemwide problem, Just wondering

I'm using an 087 number that was posted across. Might try and transfer my bank number over to my gfs phone. Same as me 087 number ported across. Feel I'm just getting the run around like you were and I've no 100% evidence as to who is right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

im also getting a string of messages a day or 2 after they have been sent. Iv an 087 number I ported. I am also receiving emails from networks with SMS text in them... its a new email and wouldnt have been used for past networks I have only used this email when signing up to Gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RoflHarris

I'm not getting calls or texts from any vodafone numbers, my wife is the same. Have a ticket open, they've asked fro examples of 3 calls I've missed. Just waiting on a reply. They've been quick in their responses so far at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

I have also started testing 2fa using duo and its not working :mad:

The emails I receive appear to be sms, all my icloud messages come through..

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

Not receiving texts from any network apart from gomo. Absolute joke of a network. How is it possible to mess things up this much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 balmesz001

No text messages from:
    -Transferwise
    -AIB
    -Parcel Motel

It's unfair that they did not mention this somewhere. Good bye GoMo...

balmesz001 wrote: »
    No text messages from:
    -Transferwise
    -AIB
    -Parcel Motel

It's unfair that they did not mention this somewhere. Good bye GoMo...

It's not actually the GOMO network the problem is with as people can receive messages from these people. The problem I think is a porting issue which was explained in a precious message above. The real issue here is the customer service. Not sure about any one else but I've gone to the comreg who has now taken the case and will escalate it on my behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

When you are choosing an account type for the number porting.im direct debit with virgin mobile i chose prepay registered but i got a text saying it rejected it it was the wrong account type?any ideas?

Advertisement