Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could anyone recommend a double buggy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

That link won’t work, but i presume it’s an out n about double nipper v4? I have one, and it’s great. I’m delighted I chose it. I’ve got a nearly 4yr old, a two and a half yr old and a 4 mth old. It’s been used a lot for the last Two and a half yrs.
    It can be a bit awkward in shops, occasionally space Is tight, and sometimes in restaurants I get daggers when I arrive in looking for somewhere to park it, but it’s a fab buggy overall. Great for walking, absolutely brill.
    My only two issues are that the shopping basket is a bit inaccessible, so I think I’ve only used it once. There’s loads of pockets though, so plenty space for stuff. And the rain cover is a disaster. I know it sounds crazy, but I wish it was possible to get a raincover for one side of it. My two year old won’t sit under the raincover, and pulls it off. I’ll happily put a coat and hat on him, and let him get wet, but the baby is a bit small for that yet!

Also, I do slightly regret not having a buggy that could be either a single or a double. I always end up having both the double nipper and a single buggy in the car, because sometimes I’d only have the baby with me

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cheers, yeah it's the double nipper v4. Been looking at those that can be a single or a double depending, but I just don't think that the older lad would be happy for more than five minute sitting looking at the back of another chair.

Cheers, yeah it's the double nipper v4. Been looking at those that can be a single or a double depending, but I just don't think that the older lad would be happy for more than five minute sitting looking at the back of another chair.

I know, I felt the same. Those singles that can convert to doubles are heavier for walking too, not as easy to push. It depends on your schedule I suppose. It’s something that might be more of an issue as your 2yr old gets older and needs a buggy sometimes and not others. It’s just a pain to be swapping them round in the boot. I ended up buying a light single this time to keep in the car all the time with the nipper. It folds up small but can also take the car seat so I can use it for the baby or the toddler If I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I have the uppababy vista and used it as a double for 6 months. I had my older child in the seat up top so we could chat away and had the baby in the bassinet underneath. Got the buggyboard for my toddler then when the baby was moving into the seat part. It is heavy as a double but that’s my only complaint really. The basket is great, and I liked just having one buggy that I could adapt to suit as a single for either the baby or toddler and as a double. We’ve had ours for nearly 4 years and it’s still perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I have both a vista and an out and about double nipper.The nipper was bought second hand in a fit of annoyance when no.1 was just over 2, and no.2 was about 5 months old and I couldn't take the adaptors and switching and changing of seats that went with the Vista anymore (i had a golf, it was a pain to unpack and pack the vista up every time!!!!)

They are both good buggies, but it does depend on what you do.The nipper is definitely easier to push with two, especially as the toddler gets bigger.Its a one stop shop, easy-fold (although it takes the shins off me on a regular basis.)

But I love the Vista.Even with it's quirks, its the best buggy I can see, for me anyway.Big non-puncture wheels, making it lovely to push.Option to use as a single, or with a buggy board.The big basket sells it for me every time.Once you have the one seat in it, it's also a single fold.Both seats can face any direction, so you can arrange to suit your kid's preferences, and pram.can go high or low position.Also you can get an insert for the seat meaning you use the seat from birth, just lie it flat.And I found the one above the other combo was good for each of them minding their own business...when they were side by side they were more inclined to poke at one another or wake each other up!!!!

Downsides, its a wee bit wider than your standard single so make sure you have a wide front door and a boot to fit (FYI...double nippers do not fit the boot of a golf!!), and switching out the adaptors for a car seat/buggy seat/double buggy seat/pram combos can be head melting.But once the baby is over 6 months, and you are mainly using 2 seats, it becomes very easy to use.

It is very much personal.preference though.I like both, but I had to decide on one because I couldn't be dragging the two of them around, so the Vista won out.It's now on baby no.3, and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

We have that out and about buggy for a 1 yo and 3.5 yo now. Would recommend. Had a new born in it also, i. e. Our youngest sprog. We bought 2nd hand on adverts for 260eu so I'd recommend that route. . Was in perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Have the Vista as a double and the v4 double. V4 wins for me hands down. So light to push, my almost 4 year old is still v comfortable in it. Fits on buses and train no problem.
    The Vista is fab as a single but too heavy and clunky as a double for long walks and getting up and down curbs. If you do long walks I'd recommend the v4. Also way easier to fold up and store than the vista as a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PurpleBoxHero

I too have the V4 out and about. It’s fab. I have a 3.5 and 4.5 in it. I’ve had it for 4 years and the youngest was in a Phil and teds carry it as a newborn. My gripes are the basket underneath which frayed resulting in a small hole. The popper of the raincover came apart. All in all for 4 years of use it’s been great. I paid €509 when littlewoods were offering 20% off first credit order.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I had the out n about Nipper for 5 kids close in age and it was the best thing I bought. I got 6 years out of it brought it on planes and boats, up mountains and to the beach.

• Advertisement
Advertisement