Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscam railway lights

Options
  • 18-11-2019 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

What is the purpose of putting the barriers down 5 to 6 minutes before train arrives. Surely 2 minutes is enough time to give. 1 even. Does not make any sense. Anyone know HO in an contact in relation to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Faze11 wrote: »
    What is the purpose of putting the barriers down 5 to 6 minutes before train arrives. Surely 2 minutes is enough time to give. 1 even. Does not make any sense. Anyone know HO in an contact in relation to this?

Make that 11 minutes and counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

What is the purpose of putting the barriers down 5 to 6 minutes before train arrives.

so nobody gets hit by the train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I'll agree with OP the gates go down quite a while before a train passes, I think the average is about 6 minutes. A train would pass over 30 times between 6am and 11pm...thats a lot of downtime for that roadway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,854 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think the sensors haven't been adjusted for the fact that the train stops at Oranmore station.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Make that 11 minutes and counting.

Are you posting this from your phone while in control of your car that is going nowhere?

• Advertisement

Are you posting this from your phone while in control of your car that is going nowhere?

Yep

flazio wrote: »
    I think the sensors haven't been adjusted for the fact that the train stops at Oranmore station.

Good point. Going to email and ask them to consider timings.

Advertisement