Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke of York BBC Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

dd973 wrote: »
    Live over here and believe me there's millions who couldn't countenance or even imagine this, it's a sort of national stockholm syndrome that's very entrenched in the English psyche as opposed to the UK one, I don't think the Scots or Welsh as much.

If you told people here their real name was Saxe Coburg Gotha and they're basically Germans, you'd meet people who'd think you were pulling their leg.

I don't know a single person who gives a toss about the royal family. I'm a Liverpudlian, where people are less defferential, so maybe that comes into it. But honestly, the Republic organisation grows daily. I expect there'll be even more of us after this ****show.

And most people are well aware of their real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

For anyone who wants to watch it. He doesn't come off very well at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Notdeco wrote: »
    After, but why does that matter. He got the name randy Andy before being married for a reason from the press.

He was always a slime ball. And now we see his toe sucking ex standing up for him in the last few months. Yea nothing to see behind the scenes at all..

No, I was just curious if he was supposed to have been unfaithful to Fergie on top of it all.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

No, I was just curious if he was supposed to have been unfaithful to Fergie on top of it all.

Marriage was probably a sham. He's a notorious womaniser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Fergie's "financial adviser" was sucking her toes long before then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Strazdas wrote: »
    Marriage was probably a sham. He's a notorious womaniser.

I'd walk the other way if he tried to chat me up.
    Not one attractive thing about him, physically or intelligently.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

smurgen wrote:
    Was it just me or did he laugh after they mentioned Epstein's suicide?

Thought the same myself. He kinda laughed at another strange time but I'd have to watch back to remind me exactly when.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Were can I watch this?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

c.p.w.g.w wrote:
    Were can I watch this?

YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

YouTube?

Yes, the BBC have uploaded it :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

he just doesn't have any empathy for the suffering that Epstein's victims have gone through

He's a spoilt, cosseted, wealthy snob who has a simple little mind that revolves around his own precious world.

A perfect summation. ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

At one point when pressed about the 4 day stay

He hinted that there was some 'greater good' from his contact with Epstein

Not sure I buy that one

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

For fun I looked up the Daily Mail site and even those forelock tugging tossers are roasting him.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

My God, thank fúck we don't have to stomach a royal family over here.

Nothing but a bunch of pompous, entitled freeloaders with a smattering of sexual deviant's in their ranks.

Can you imagine your taxes paying for the lifestyle of someone like this Andrew fella. Jesus.

There was a bit of comedy about the photograph with Miss Roberts

It was definitely him as he recognized himself but it it could be fake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭embraer170

An absolute car crash of an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

My God, thank fúck we don't have to stomach a royal family over here.

Nothing but a bunch of pompous, entitled freeloaders with a smattering of sexual deviant's in their ranks.

Can you imagine your taxes paying for the lifestyle of someone like this Andrew fella. Jesus.

We may not have a royal family but we do have a political and "elite" class who take from the taxpayer and give nothing back. At least there's some democratic element to the rubbish we have over here, that Andrew fella leads a very privileged life and hasn't a clue. Didn't Bill Clinton visit that notorious Island Epstein owned like 27 times??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Watching it now. He's so transparent it would be funny if it wasn't so serious. The guilt and fear is all over his face.

Pizza Express Woking will be busy when they re-open :D

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g580430-d730973-Reviews-Pizza_Express-Woking_Surrey_England.html

"The "Alibi Special" pizza was absolutely marvelous although others have complained it's hard to stomach and has too much cheese."

I would like everyone to know I was here on 13th March for a birthday party.

The pizza was great and they treated my daughter like a real princess

I had a table downstairs (I have never been upstairs)

I will never forget eating there (After being reminded by butler)

I can honestly say the food was fit for a (Nearly) king

Much better than going to Tramps as I can never find the bar there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

If the Royal family can brazen out multiple reports of their dear Lord Mountbatten - Charles' inspiration and second father - being involved in orgies with children from care homes, then they can surely brazen this little 'misdemeanour' out also.

• Advertisement

Gynoid wrote: »
    If the Royal family can brazen out multiple reports of their dear Lord Mountbatten - Charles' inspiration and second father - being involved in orgies with children from care homes, then they can surely brazen this little 'misdemeanour' out also.

How much actual evidence is there to support that

Twister2 wrote: »
    How much actual evidence is there to support that

How much evidence can there be? It has been repeated often enough, even there in his wikipedia page.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/book-links-mountbatten-to-sex-abuse-at-kincora-boys-home-vm39680bn

How much evidence can there be? It has been repeated often enough, even there in his wikipedia page.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/book-links-mountbatten-to-sex-abuse-at-kincora-boys-home-vm39680bn

Repetition doesn't count for much

I keep an open mind now esp. since that Westminster conspiracy theorist got locked up

Repetition doesn't count for much

I keep an open mind now esp. since that Westminster conspiracy theorist got locked up

Yeah, I am not saying it is true or not, although I have my suspicions. It is similar to the Andrew thing in that it is/was multiple reports. Which were brazened out. Which will happen here.
    I don't know what the Westminister conspiracy theorist locking up thing is - never heard of it.

Yeah, I am not saying it is true or not, although I have my suspicions. It is similar to the Andrew thing in that it is/was multiple reports. Which were brazened out. Which will happen here.
    I don't know what the Westminister conspiracy theorist locking up thing is - never heard of it.
    Ya but there's solid evidence here

The Westminster thing is recent news, he was a paedophile making outrageous claims

Ya but there's solid evidence here

The Westminster thing is recent news, he was a paedophile making outrageous claims

I'd say there is about as much solid evidence in both cases. Virginia Roberts is allegating against Andrew, maybe Johanna Sjoberg. There is one photo which really is evidence of nothing beyond a photo. For Louis there was his driver Ron Perks, a Baroness called Elizabeth de la Poer Beresford, supposedly a FBI file, a boy called Amal, a boy with the pseudonym Sean. Probably more.

You would have thought that the "faked photo" issue could be resolved very easily if Virginia could just find a few people whom she showed the photo, after it was developed, back in 2001, and for them to make a statement that they did indeed see this very photo back then.It wasn't a digital photo, it was a film camera photo.

She took it after all, to show her mother. So is her mother still alive, or maybe some neighbours, or friends?

While I didn't see anything conclusive either way on the Virginia Roberts allegations:

1. He was definitely in London at the time the photo was taken and alleged encounter with Virginia- and it's not inconceivable that he could have attended Pizza Express in the early evening AND Tramps nite-club later that night. He wasn't pressed on this aspect in the interview, which was disappointing- going to a Nite club and going to a Pizza restaurant are activities typically undertaken at different times of the day- Doh!

2. He was also in the Boston area at the time of the second allegation - again, it wasn't beyond the bounds of possibility that he could have made it back to New York- it was a feeble denial i thought. It wasn't clear from the interview as to where he was in relation to the 3rd allegation that occurred on Epstein's island- I'm not sure if there's a specific date for this allegation.

3. He provided such a strange rambling answer using terms such as "positive action" as to why he couldn't possibly forget any of his sexual conquests, so as he can't remember having sex with Virginia Roberts, then it just couldn't possibly have happened- I felt this was one of many bizarre answers he gave, and it didn't give me any reassurance as to what the truth is.

Nothing that he said last night, "clears" him- as a result, he was ill-advised to take part - the only reason he should have done this interview is if he has absolute proof he couldn't have done what's alleged. However, he's still "innocent" under the eyes of the law- we've seen the disaster and destruction caused in the UK of public allegations without foundation and a proper court trial- Cliff Richard, Paul Gambaccini, Lord Janner, etc

He was ill advised to expose himself although I suspect he advised himself

If he had absolute proof that could have been released through the BBC long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

Going by the bags under his eyes he clearly has been twisting and turning in the scratcher of late, all the make up in the world couldn’t disguise them. The look of a haunted man.

• Advertisement

This kindof puts paid to his claim that he's not the "huggy" type when out and about with the peasants-

https://twitter.com/danleburrowhole/status/1195661444668416000?s=21

Advertisement