Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam travel distance to Connacht hotel?

Options
  • 06-11-2019 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

What is the travel time when leaving Tuam at 7.15? Would I get to the destination above for 8am?

Is the m6 motorway very backed up coming onto the roundabout?
    I would want to left there and then right at the next roundabout to get onto old dublin rd.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

I got no response in the Galway county forum so said I would post here.

What is the travel time when leaving Tuam at 7.15? Would I get to the destination above for 8am?

I would want to turn left there and then right at the next roundabout to get onto old dublin rd.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Joe222 wrote: »
    I got no response in the Galway county forum so said I would post here.

I would want to turn left there and then right at the next roundabout to get onto old dublin rd.

Thank you

You haven't explained how you are travelling. This is important, because if you are using a bus there's a bus lane on old Dublin rd. that can make a significant difference. Also on a motor bike or scooter you'll make it.

But presumably you are driving a car?

My guess is that you will still make it.

If its super duper important to be on time on a particular day, you could try a test run on an alternative day.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Thanks for reply.
    I would be travelling by car. It is just that I hear from people that traffic can be really bad around commute time.
    Would the m6 be backed up much before the roundabout? Is it bumper to bumper barely moving or does it all flow fairly quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

motorway roundabout starts getting backed up around 8.

Leaving at 7:15 should hit it at 7:40ish and be at the hotel
    7:50 ish however, you leave a lot to chance... As any minor accident just screws the traffic especially on any of it's arteries.

If this is important then just leave at 7 or do what is suggested and do a dry run but try to do it on wet days as it's generally bad traffic wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sheena99

I leave Tuam at 6.50 weekday mornings and get to Brier Hill at about 7.35. 7.15 would be very tight for 8.00 appointment I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭sgthighway

You are leaving too late. You will have traffic at end of motorway and from Galway Clinic. Allow another 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

sgthighway wrote: »
    You are leaving too late. You will have traffic at end of motorway and from Galway Clinic. Allow another 15 minutes.

I agree - i come into city from other side but I’d definitely leave before 7am, just to be sure of 8am arrival. Galway traffic gets busy at the slightest thing - drop of rain, it’s a Tuesday, unicorn sneezed in Dublin, it’s unpredictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

Interesting to see this here after hearing the discussion on commuting times on Galway Bay FM this morning. A listener texted in at 08.00 to say it had taken them just under 1.5 hours to get from Tuam to Galway, leading the radio hosts to conclude that you'd have to leave Tuam no later than 07.30 to get into town for 9am. Does this sound accurate to you folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Interesting to see this here after hearing the discussion on commuting times on Galway Bay FM this morning. A listener texted in at 08.00 to say it had taken them just under 1.5 hours to get from Tuam to Galway, leading the radio hosts to conclude that you'd have to leave Tuam no later than 07.30 to get into town for 9am. Does this sound accurate to you folks?

There are or certainly were earlier in the week, road works at the end of the motorway which is adding to the delay at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sheena99

Sounds about right to me, would be the time I’d allow for that journey at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gosh_idiots

Defo! We left at half 7 to get to uchg for 9 last week. Went through Claregalway and crawled the whole way through Claregalway bumper to bumper into the city. The bypass may be a better road & slightly quicker but you'd still hit the traffic coming in. The earlier the better!

Advertisement