Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke of York BBC Interview

Options
  • 16-11-2019 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Prince Andrew looking to salvage his reputation

How will it play out

The queen has approved the whole thing

Comments

Only quote of significance i've seen so far before tonights programme is "I've no recollection of ever meeting this lady" (in reference to Virginia Roberts.

So in answer to your question, I think this is a nice big PR stunt supported by the BBC.

Considering they're marketing this as a "no holds barred" interview, I hope they would ask the following questions:

1. Did you ever have sex with anyone, in or on, one of Jeffery Epstein's houses or properties?

2. Did you ever participate in an orgy or session with multiple females in any of Epstein's properties?

3. What did you do when you stayed in Epstein's properties?

4. Can you prove that you were nowhere near the properties outlined by Virginia Roberts on the dates she has stated that you were there?

5. Did you ever receive a massage of any kind in or on one of Epstein's properties planes or helicopters?

The fact that he is taking the line "I have no recollection" is not saying he never met her- of course, there's that photo which essentially means that he can't deny totally ever meeting her, regardless of what his "friends" say about it being faked.

To me, if he is indeed "randy Andy", then he's unlikely to remember all of his "conquests" through the years.

I'm keeping an open mind though, as to whether a sexual encounter actually took place- there's no doubt that part of Epstein's methods was to ensnare powerful people, in whatever way he could. On the other hand, I don't see a reason for Virginia Roberts to lie. Her accusation that he participated in an orgy with young teens on Epstein's Island, you would think, should have brought forward additional women at this point- but it hasn't.

I'll wait for the interview but I imagine the "body language" "experts" will be all over this- you can see him blinking rapidly just after when saying he doesn't recollect meeting her, so regardless of what he says, there will be many doubters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7692371/Andrew-says-felt-staying-billionaire-paedophile-Jeffrey-Epstein-right-thing-do.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I think hes a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

He gets around this grand ol' Duke of York

Apparently he had 10,000 men as well

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

This could be very bad for the UK royals:

So will this interview be all about admitting everything and anything other than, what's been alleged in terms of his relationship with Virginia Roberts?

If so, then the interview is a total white-wash- the olde "I'm this kind of bad person but not "that" kind of bad person" defence?

We'll wait and see but it doesn't bode well- Christmas day in the Windsor household will be interesting- Eastenders will be less dramatic i'd say :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Did they not show him the photo to jog his memory?

He was too Nobel, backed by fergie. He was just too decent for his own good 😂 I can't wait to see what comes out next

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Did they not show him the photo to jog his memory?

He's probably trying to claim he met her briefly for five minutes, posed for a photo with her but has no recollection of this meeting as it was so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I laughed at the clip where he said he mistakenly stayed with Epstein after the conviction cos he "had a tendency to be too honourable" .

you couldn't make that sh1t up

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Fritzbox

Strazdas wrote: »
    He's probably trying to claim he met her briefly for five minutes, posed for a photo with her but has no recollection of this meeting as it was so long ago.

And why not if it's true?

• Advertisement

Fritzbox wrote: »
    And why not if it's true?

He seems very shifty and fidgety when answering that question - his body language didn't match what he was saying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Whoever gave him the go ahead for that interview i sincerely thank them.

What a lying piece of privileged scum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

When Maitlis asked Andrew why he would stay at Epstein’s house after charges that he had sex with underage girls, the Duke said, “It was a convenient place to stay.”

“There is … I mean I’ve gone through this in my mind so many times,” Andrew said. “At the end of the day, with a benefit of all the hindsight that one could have, it was definitely the wrong thing to do. But at the time I felt it was the honorable and right thing to do and I admit fully that my judgement was probably colored by my tendency to be too honorable, but that’s just the way it is.”
    Errrr what?

It's on now on BBC

"A straightforward shooting weekend" - hmm, how the other half live! :D

He's admitted attending all of Epstein's properties.

He's trying to align himself more with Maxwell than Epstein - which in itself is bad enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

NSPCC lol

He stayed friends with a child sex trafficker,

He's debating/disputing the difference of a "party" and a "dinner" with Epstein - you couldn't make this up:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

Was in pizza express that day...

Why did he think giving this interview would be a good idea

• Advertisement

He was at home with the kids that day. He took them to a pizza express in woking

https://twitter.com/i/status/1195816154541035525

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Over the years I have read so many stories of sex abuse, paedophilia, child trafficking, etc among what are known as the elite, a terrible term if ever there was one.
    People often think these stories are far fetched conspiracy theories.
    The underlying response in me has been to doubt, to choose to remain at least partially detached, to be skeptical and wary of these stories even though the theme recurs. I have wondered why this is, given how common a tale they are. A person I read occasionally, Jasun Horsley, brother of the famous hedonist, writes about such matters. Sex abuse in high places. There is a researcher who writes about kakistocracy, the tendency among those in power to be the worst, to be inclined towards sexual depravity. Cannot recall his name. There is so much evidence for it, the Marc Dutroux case for example, credible stories about boys homes like Kincora in the North, a million horrid tales, and yet I think we, or perhaps it is just me, skirt around it or shy away from it because it really cracks open the world in a terrible way and potentially smashes residual hope in the honour and beauty of things at the root. It taints existence, this sordidness. These seedy bastards.
    I believe this man is an abuser.

He dropped a terrible clanger when saying he didn't regret his relationship with Epstein - wrong answer (the man was a convicted paedophile and multiple abuser)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

His answer to whether or not she was lying was very revealing. He didn't say she was.

This looks very bad for him.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Woodenfloor

paw patrol wrote: »
    I laughed at the clip where he said he mistakenly stayed with Epstein after the conviction cos he "had a tendency to be too honourable" .

you couldn't make that sh1t up

They would have gotten away with it too
    If it wasn't for that pesky Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Even if the allegations were false... he is doing nothing to convince anyone otherwise with this interview. His answers just lead to more questions.

The man has no cop on whatsoever. I think that holds true for most people in high society - completely out of touch with reality and no common sense. That's why they think nothing of engaging in acts like these allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

His answer to whether or not she was lying was very revealing. He didn't say she was.

Theres been a lack of denial from him since the start, its all Do Not Recall not categorical denial.

Car crash of an interview. He hasn't got the skills or intelligence to lie his way out of it......if he was in court, no jury would believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Woodenfloor

Twister2 wrote: »
    Was in pizza express that day...

Q predicted this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

It's fascinating viewing, but I wonder who thought this interview was a good idea.

The royals should be looking for a new public relations firm first thing Monday morning.

Advertisement