Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are men older in relationships?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Not interested in the 40yo women who post on boards. Sorry.

Some of us are even older, stud.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not interested in the 40yo women who post on boards. Sorry.

There's a few here in their 60's and 70's as well I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Yeah! To be able to watch the match in peace!!!
    But yee just can't let us do it, can yee???!!

To be honest, I think it actually stems from the earlier ages, boys and girls tend to date/be attracted to same ages and then girls hit 16 and they seem more interested in older boys. At least that's how I remember it.
    Being a 16 year old male is a tough age! The 16 year old girls tend to aim for 18 year old fellas etc...

And then it seems to remain that way, the gap of 2 years might widen slightly but it does seem to be the norm overall that in general the female goes for the slightly older male and honestly I think that's where it all stems from.
    Of course, the much older male has a rep for going after far younger females then later in life while buying more lotto tickets and now there's Cougars and jaysus there's Milfs and Dilfs and all kinds of mental stuff that
    could take you away into a myriad of tangents but at the end of the day the entire thing will inevitably end with the male seeing less football.

That's like a David Attenborough narration.

"The weary male crosses the desert to escape the overbearing female .... "

We are more like animals than we think.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

We are more like animals than we think.

We are animals, there's no 'like' at all.

Are you a cougar?

More like a praying mantis really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭fash

Got as far as page 2 and people still not correct:
    Human female fertility (and hence beauty) peaks at 22 (check out the ages of miss world etc.) - and declines precipitously from 35.
    Male fertility declines much slower (depends on how you look at it- begins in early 30, no precipitous decline). Hence a male will generally seek a younger more attractive female and for females it is far less important.
    From a female perspective, older males (to a certain point) are more likely to have resources and power- which are both attractive traits in a long term providing mate.
    Hence this common (but not exclusive) trait.

fash wrote: »
    Human female fertility (and hence beauty) peaks at 22 (check out the ages of miss world etc.) - and declines precipitously from 35.
    Male fertility declines much slower (depends on how you look at it- begins in early 30, no precipitous decline). Hence a male will generally seek a younger more attractive female and for females it is far less important.
    From a female perspective, older males (to a certain point) are more likely to have resources and power- which are both attractive traits in a long term providing mate.

I think Post #2 came close to that.
    Traditionally, It probably originated out of men having proven or established themselves before picking or attracting a partner and/or attempts to optimise chances of gaining an heir (or multiple ones) through picking younger females.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Women are attracted to power, men are attracted to beauty.

Women crave older more powerful men. Men crave younger and more prettier women.

It is a perfect storm really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Actually I've been banging an 8/10 South American girl for the last week and a half, so all good there.
    Every man needs to experience sex with a Brazilian girl at least once. Boys I don't care if ye have to pay for it, just do it.

Uh huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I think people are just attracted to who they are attracted to and its a bit of a mystery to even ourselves why we like who we do. There is just something that clicks.

I get the biological reasons why we should be attracted to particular people but I've never been attractive so it's, not my looks they go for and I've always been with people who had barely a penny to their name so I wasn't attracted to money or power.

It's a funny old thing this sexual attraction

There's no mystery when it comes to men; we are attracted to youth and beauty.

And yet so many women who wouldn't be conventionally attractive or young have partners. I guess some men value other traits over looks and youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Let's put this to bed once and for all. The so called slut/legend 'double standard' exists because it is incredibly easy for women to get sex. On the other hand it's very difficult for a man to get sex, even a very good looking man. There's a reason we call it 'getting lucky!'.

Who are all of these wimmenz having sex with then, if it's so easy for them and so hard for men? The same five fellas is it?

Most people are average. Most couples are close in age and no more than a handful of years apart. The anomalies are usually fairly obvious where they exist, i.e successful dude with young beauty, though anecdotally my experience is that older lads will invariably think they have a chance with you regardless of their age, bless them. Maybe they've been watching too many Hollywood movies, or it's a confidence that comes with age.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,789 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

fash wrote: »

Not borne out by the average ages for marriage in Ireland. 36 for men, 34 for women.

20% of the men sleep with 80% of the women.

Why would a girl settle for a dud when she knows she can go on Tinder and have Chad?

Who defines what makes a "Chad".

Is Zimbo Chad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

20% of the men sleep with 80% of the women.

Why would a girl settle for a dud when she knows she can go on Tinder and have Chad?

It's Tyrone, Pookie or RayRay in the black manosphere

Haha sh*ts hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mobileforest

Traditionally, a man's greatest assert (at snagging a woman) is his power, his wealth (his ability to provide). A woman's greatest asset to a man is her beauty (which increases her ability to make babies). Therefore, a man's value in the eyes of eligible women goes up with age (usually), and a woman's goes down with age. Is it fair? No. In todays world, where many women make their own money (and don't need a provider) and many older men have not spent their young years accumulating wealth, these things aren't as important as they once were. But I'm guessing they still play a role. Would explain why James Bond actors can keep acting despite getting older but Bond girls are lucky to hit their 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Would explain why James Bond actors can keep acting despite getting older but Bond girls are lucky to hit their 20s.

Real life does not mirror a James Bond movie in any way.

• Advertisement

Traditionally, a man's greatest assert (at snagging a woman) is his power, his wealth (his ability to provide). A woman's greatest asset to a man is her beauty (which increases her ability to make babies). Therefore, a man's value in the eyes of eligible women goes up with age (usually), and a woman's goes down with age. Is it fair? No. In todays world, where many women make their own money (and don't need a provider) and many older men have not spent their young years accumulating wealth, these things aren't as important as they once were. But I'm guessing they still play a role. Would explain why James Bond actors can keep acting despite getting older but Bond girls are lucky to hit their 20s.

To a point. The graph doesn’t go endlessly upwards for men with age apart from a tiny minority i.e. the wealthy and/or famous.

Except the bit where women are drawn to charismatic alpha males.

Oh, herro. :D

Great first post (not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

anewme wrote: »

some shocking revelations this evening.

Well done on countering my point.

Night Zimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mobileforest

anewme wrote: »

No but the money it brings in does. I picked JB films at random but pick any successful similar action film, Here's a nice summary of Bond age gaps https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/927/list-of-age-differences-between-bond-and-lead-female (well done Honor Blackman).

Crappy situation and like I said, probably vanishing as times change, but OP just asked why, not is it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Repeat x 100
    Re-reg again x 10
    Quote your other re-reg personas and agree with them x 100
    Quote 'chad' and 'alpha' and 'beta' and 'wimmenz are ugly after 22' x 100
    Spontaneously combust
    Re-emerge when alerted by algorithm to next male versus female AH thread
    Repeat Step 1

You're nothing if not consistent chore sex guy

bitofabind wrote: »

You're nothing if not consistent chore sex guy

Ahhhhhhh no.

The chore sex guy who used to post every Saturday at 7.30am before the mods woke up.

He can't be still going around?

He must be drawing down the pension by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,789 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

How on Earth is it a crappy situation? Alpha guy and hot young girl, that's the natural way.

Though no doubt the next Bond girl will be an overweight black lesbian.

Idris Elba will never be the new James Bond because the whole movie would be just him sitting at the side of the road in his Aston Martin with the Police asking “Is this your car Son?”

(Alexei Sayle)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

eviltwin wrote: »
    Who defines what makes a "Chad".

Yeah that's that toxic PUA terminology propagated by that risible hack Rollo Tomassi.

Insecure and angry men flock to that ****e in their droves.

Advertisement