Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

J. Marston wrote: »
    He'd make you roll your eyes. The artistic sensibility to understand why Monster Energy, Conan O Brien and Geoff Keighley have survived some form of apocalypse in his deep game?

Guy is a hack and peaked over 15 years ago with MGS3.

I mean if putting out games as good as MGS5 and DS makes a game developer a hack, I wish we had more hacks like Kojima in the industry!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So addicted to this. I told myself that because it seems to be such a long game that I'd dip in and out of it, playing other games in between but everytime i boot up the ps4, i can't wait to get back to delivering cargo.

I just got the power skeleton lv 2, bola gun lv 2 (makes right quick work of the mules) and the bike but didn't get to try it yet. Still on chapter 3 but story seems to be constantly moving along. I'm not taking every standing order i get but definitely taking on multiple deliveries at once and circling around to them while constantly having a main mission on the go.

So nice seeing roads and bridges pop up as well. Make America great again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Can you attach the floating carriers to the trike? I'm sure I seen it in a trailer, maybe I need to level them up.

Road between Lake Knot and South Knot complete!

Such a difference being able to speed over that rocky terrain you hit once you get south of the weather station amd nearby distro centre. Still have to complete the stretch out by the craftsman, but I think I have had enough of road building for a while.

My road between lake knot city and South distro center is 75% complete, absolute joy bombing down it on the bike. Even the 25% rocky terrain was a laugh navigating on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Have ye gone to the weatherman? When you get the carrier from him and head down the hill don't put anything on it. Hop on yourself and hoverboard down the hill, it's amazing.

That tiny narrow stream on my way up to the weather station absolutely done me. I usually scan all streams before crossing but this was so small i ran straight into it. Sunk like a fish, all my cargo flying down the mountain side. Well played Hideo, well played.

Have ye gone to the weatherman? When you get the carrier from him and head down the hill don't put anything on it. Hop on yourself and hoverboard down the hill, it's amazing.

First thing I tried as soon as I got it, great craic! Can't wait to put it to the test as soon as i climb the mountain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Not gonna buy this game just yet but it has me curious. One question though. I understand you can build bridges and other amenity to help you. So that would suggest that you retread the same areas?

Not gonna buy this game just yet but it has me curious. One question though. I understand you can build bridges and other amenity to help you. So that would suggest that you retread the same areas?

Yupp, only on chapter 3 but currently in a huge region with multiple locations that require cargo delivery to/from the other locations so you'll be going back and forth but you can take multiple orders, terrain requires some planning and if you just run at the next location, you'll have to deal with any obstacles in your way (rivers, climbs, trenches, BT's, etc). But as you progress, you and others contribute to bridges, roads and other structures to make travel easier, you get access to vehicles and personal upgrades also do treks always feel different. Throw in mules (rogue couriers) who are trying to steal your cargo and it very rarely feels like you're making the same trek twice even when you're going to a location you've already been to. The world is constantly evolving and you are progressing, really really nice balance.

• Advertisement

There is definitely an element of backtracking, but it's so inherently tied to the narrative that it never feels like filler or time wasted. As you progress the narrative and link the US back up, the connections you're building get stronger within the narrative which in turn impacts the gameplay in that you get access to structures which can transform the infrastructure in a region and also reap the benefits of structures etc. that other players have built.

So whilst you're backtracking, the world is constantly evolving and becomes easier to navigate as you forge new connections.

This game is absolutely begging for a photo mode. Though maybe not having one is a blessing in disguise as I'm having a hard enough time not getting distracted as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

goon_magee wrote: »
    This game is absolutely begging for a photo mode. Though maybe not having one is a blessing in disguise as I'm having a hard enough time not getting distracted as is.

I can see it now:

Goon's 1st 3d Printed Bridge.

Goon gazes at horizon from mountain zipline.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Isn't that what the share button is for?

Having a blast in part 3 at the moment. Mules attacked me, so I stole both of their trucks and all the cargo from their base.

What a game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Since I started working on the road I'm getting an insane amount of likes, I got 50,000 in a few hours, must be a bug? I'm level 62 in the bridge link point of the star

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Finished this last night. Wasn't really digging the game play but persevered for the story, 40 hours took to finish doing mostly main deliveries.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Isn't that what the share button is for?

Having a blast in part 3 at the moment. Mules attacked me, so I stole both of their trucks and all the cargo from their base.

What a game:D

Share button takes a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing on screen, it doesn't let you manipulate the image and get rid of the HUD etc. which is what I'm looking for. I spent ages in the likes of Spiderman and Uncharted 4 just messing around with the photo mode; Spiderman in particular had a cracking one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Share button takes a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing on screen, it doesn't let you manipulate the image and get rid of the HUD etc. which is what I'm looking for. I spent ages in the likes of Spiderman and Uncharted 4 just messing around with the photo mode; Spiderman in particular had a cracking one.

Days Gone had a brilliant one too. Used shots from that as homemade themes for a good while

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Days Gone had a brilliant one too. Used shots from that as homemade themes for a good while

Good shout, the Days Gone one was ace as well.

I have way too many shots of panicky escapes from hordes with moody lighting applied than I care to admit :D

ShaneU wrote: »
    Since I started working on the road I'm getting an insane amount of likes, I got 50,000 in a few hours, must be a bug? I'm level 62 in the bridge link point of the star

I thought something seemed off as well, but I realised that not all those likes have come from people manually hitting the touch pad. For example, I'm sitting on a similar amount of player likes to you, but only 5k or so have come from people actually manually giving me a like. The rest have just automatically come from others using equipment and roads I have contributed to.

If you go into the log you can get all your stats and should be able to see how many likes you have been manually awarded from there. Numbers make a lot more sense when you think about it that way and how many people will be driving up and down that map on roads you have contributed to!

• Advertisement

Patch 1.05 is live, 1gb in size and notes are 'various performance fixes'.

I can't find it now, but I saw a meme last night that was saying Death Stranding is the video game equivalent of not making a second trip back to the car for the bags of shopping :)

I'm still giggling. It's so on point.

So glad i didn't listen to the majority of reviews as i ****ing love this game. It might just beat Resi 2 as my 2nd favourite game of the year. Going between the junk man and film director felt like i was on a different planet although i was absolutely sickened when my bike didn't make it across a trench, took me a while to get out. Also, wasn't my bike so not a great loss.

Must be near the end of chapter 3 and then apparently 11 more to go so still early but it's been amazing so far.

I really really hope the traversal in this becomes the norm for other devs to try and implement into their game. It feels like such an evolution over the 'push up in direction of objective'.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Patch 1.05 is live, 1gb in size and notes are 'various performance fixes'.

Can't say I've noticed anything performance wise that would require a fix, so I'm interested to see what they tackled.

In all the talk about how polarising the game is, I don't think enough credit is being given to the devs for releasing such a technically sound game. The fact that the team went from not even having an engine in January 2016 to releasing such a polished product that met its initial release date with no delays is a great achievement and shows there is really no excuse for the broken state so many games release in these days.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So glad i didn't listen to the majority of reviews as i ****ing love this game. It might just beat Resi 2 as my 2nd favourite game of the year. Going between the junk man and film director felt like i was on a different planet although i was absolutely sickened when my bike didn't make it across a trench, took me a while to get out. Also, wasn't my bike so not a great loss.

Must be near the end of chapter 3 and then apparently 11 more to go so still early but it's been amazing so far.

I really really hope the traversal in this becomes the norm for other devs to try and implement into their game. It feels like such an evolution over the 'push up in direction of objective'.

I jumped across one of the deep trenches in that area. I had two carriers tied to me. They float but don't fly :pac:

I just heard Sam saying oh the rope broke, looked back and all my stuff has smashing off the ground deep into the ravine. I got out the rope and abseiled down for it. Took two-three journeys down and back up to recover it all. But it was super rewarding to get it back, especially since I had horsed it miles already, I wouldn't leave it behind.

I jumped across one of the deep trenches in that area. I had two carriers tied to me. They float but don't fly :pac:

I just heard Sam saying oh the rope broke, looked back and all my stuff has smashing off the ground deep into the ravine. I got out the rope and abseiled down for it. Took two-three journeys down and back up to recover it all. But it was super rewarding to get it back, especially since I had horsed it miles already, I wouldn't leave it behind.

Surely that's something for LinkedIn and to bring up if you ever go for an interview with DHL. Reminds me of a meme too but can't seem to find either.

When UPS deliver a package to your door
    *willem dafoe img* "you know, I'm something of a courier myself"

• Registered Users Posts: 31 R3_Regera

Had a long weekend, only back in work today, so got to spend a good bit of time with this the past few days.

Was unsure initially, but loving it now!
    From the initial lone struggles out into that hostile landscape - feels like something from a survival movie at times. My first long trek out into the wilderness one of those "Low Roar" tunes kicked in, I was hooked after that.

Spend about 10 hours just building the big highway, got it from just south of the Craftsman all the way down to South Knot City. Then hours yesterday hiking around the snowy mountains.

Need to do some missions tonight now
    to get my BB back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

R3_Regera wrote: »
    Had a long weekend, only back in work today, so got to spend a good bit of time with this the past few days.

Was unsure initially, but loving it now!
    From the initial lone struggles out into that hostile landscape - feels like something from a survival movie at times. My first long trek out into the wilderness one of those "Low Roar" tunes kicked in, I was hooked after that.

Spend about 10 hours just building the big highway, got it from just south of the Craftsman all the way down to South Knot City. Then hours yesterday hiking around the snowy mountains.

Need to do some missions tonight now
    to get my BB back!!

Is that where the camera pans away when you're on your 1st journey to
    the incinerator

• Registered Users Posts: 31 R3_Regera

Is that where the camera pans away when you're on your 1st journey to
    the incinerator

Yep, that first time the camera panned back and the music plays!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Just downloaded the update and now getting error 50005. Can't log in to the server........

Advertisement