Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa with a real beard?

Options
  • 08-11-2019 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Does anyone know where they have a Santa with a real beard? We had an unfortunate experience one year when the elf brought the kids into Santa's cabin before he had put his beard on properly.... we have all kinda been scarred for life!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'm sure they change all the time, but we had one at Loughwell Farm a couple of years ago who had a genuine beard, and same last year at Elftown, but the guy in the next room didn't. Luck of the draw! I'm sure you could ask Santa's helpers to asssign your family to one with a real beard, if they have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Burren Nature Sanctuary, have had a Santa with a real beard for the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Elf town in the racecourse. The guy we saw there last year was very convincing! I think they specifically try to recruit guys with the right “look”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Bodyshaming Santa. A new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,731 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Imposters, the lot of them. Everybody knows that the real Santa is invisible except on the night of 24 December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Redo91

A fella lives up the road from me has been the Santa at the Headford Road shopping centre the last few years. He grows a beard especially for it so it’s legit. Don’t know if he’s doing it this year mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'd call to be certain the santa still has a beard but my kids swore for years while Santa had lots of helpers around town the real Santa was the one who lives in the caves.

https://www.aillweecave.ie/santas-workshop

No idea if the guy from Alillwee Cave is there every year but he had a real beard and german accent. It's personalised and the kids couldn't believe he knew so much about them (you fill in form for a more personalised experience so he knows their fav toy, pet, teacher). It was a nice day out.

I notice this lot do something similar which might well be good

https://www.burrennaturesanctuary.ie/product/meet-santa-in-the-burren-nature-sanctuary/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Not sure if he was Santa or not, but a white bearded man asked me for directions to elf town yesterday in
    Parkmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yep want of my mates is playing Santa at Elftown and he has a real beard. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement