Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDG

Options
  • 11-11-2019 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.
    Just wondering if anyone gave give me some advice?
    I’ll be arriving at CDG by train from Strasbourg to catch a flight to Dublin.
    The train arrives at 8.00 am. The first flight after that is at 10.00 am and the next one is at 13.30.
    The big question is would I have enough time to get the 10 am flight?
    Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

johnire wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    The train arrives at 8.00 am. The first flight after that is at 10.00 am and the next one is at 13.30.
    Thanks in advance!!

I'd go for the later one. Security and border control queues in CDG are a nightmare. Unless you have frequent flyer status or are flying business class and can use "Acces no 1" I wouldn't risk the 10am flight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

Perfect-I kind of thought that too. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
    Caranica wrote: »
    I'd go for the later one. Security and border control queues in CDG are a nightmare. Unless you have frequent flyer status or are flying business class and can use "Acces no 1" I wouldn't risk the 10am flight

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

johnire wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    Thanks in advance!!

I've done the same journey a few times without issue with Aer Lingus.

I've flown into and out of CDG more than 60 times I'd say and have never spent more than 5/10 mins in the passport queue and never more than 15 minutes (normally 5) in security

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I flew back from CDG yesterday

I had seen earlier posts so gave myself a bit of extra time

there were no queues....anywhere along the process....that I could see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Your getting to the airport 2 hours in advance. It’s more than enough time. CDG is time consuming but well organised. No problems

• Advertisement
Advertisement