Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controversial Opinion:

Options
  • 10-11-2019 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

I watched Paul vs KSI and was really surprised at the overall quality. These lads have become proper boxers. I’d even g so far as to say that KSI would almost certainly beat the MTK guys in his weight and would even give the likes of Conlan,the moanbag a good few tough rounds!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

I watched Paul vs KSI and was really surprised at the overall quality. These lads have become proper boxers. I’d even g so far as to say that KSI would almost certainly beat the MTK guys in his weight and would even give the likes of Conlan,the moanbag a good few tough rounds!

"KSI" is what a cruiserweight and Michael Conlan is a small featherweight

Great logic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

"KSI" is what a cruiserweight and Michael Conlan is a small featherweight

Great logic

That’s kind of what I meant, if they met at say middleweight I think you’d have an interesting fight

• Registered Users Posts: 54,603 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I heard that you’d see better quality at 2 a.m. outside a kebab shop full of drunks..

walshb wrote: »
    I heard that you’d see better quality at 2 a.m. outside a kebab shop full of drunks..

Did you watch the fight?

That’s kind of what I meant, if they met at say middleweight I think you’d have an interesting fight

I'm sorry but that's a terrible shout

Makes zero sense

Why would someone jump 6 weight divisions 😂

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but that's a terrible shout

Makes zero sense

Why would someone jump 6 weight divisions 😂

KSI would beat a mope like Bellew anyway

KSI would beat a mope like Bellew anyway

Hed probably beat Lomachenko in that little mind of yours 🙈

Did you watch the fight?

No.

No.

Why not? And if not why do you think you could judge the quality of it?

Why not? And if not why do you think you could judge the quality of it?

Because it doesn’t interest me in the slightest. A friend of mine told me his view of what he saw. I trust him...

• Advertisement

Because it doesn’t interest me in the slightest. A friend of mine told me his view of what he saw. I trust him...

It’s one of the biggest boxing PPV’s of all time. I’m surprised a fan of the sport wouldn’t at least watch it! It’s a bit elitist of you tbh

It’s one of the biggest boxing PPV’s of all time. I’m surprised a fan of the sport wouldn’t at least watch it! It’s a bit elitist of you tbh

You are on wind up!

You are on wind up!

It’s not a wind up. I’m surprised a boxing fan wouldn’t at least watch the biggest event of the year. Why wouldn’t you watch it?

It’s not a wind up. I’m surprised a boxing fan wouldn’t at least watch the biggest event of the year. Why wouldn’t you watch it?

Same reason I wouldn’t be at all keen to go down the local GAA to watch a white collar event. Putting the tag, “boxing” to something doesn’t make it an automatic appeal..

Same reason I wouldn’t be at all keen to go down the local GAA to watch a white collar event. Putting the tag, “boxing” to something doesn’t make it an automatic appeal..

I fail to see how it isn’t boxing? It was a professional boxing match,no? Just because they didn’t come through amateur ranks doesn’t make it less legitimate. Do you honestly think you could do better? I was actually very impressed with the quality

Also, I wasn’t aware you couldn’t be ‘white collar’ and a good boxer???

I’ll take your word for it, so. I’ll give it a watch and report back.

I’ll take your word for it, so. I’ll give it a watch and report back.

I would appreciate that. When can I expect a report? I don’t understand the snobbery here. If Ali we’re alive and active when social media was around, he’d have been massive on YouTube

I would appreciate that. When can I expect a report? I don’t understand the snobbery here. If Ali we’re alive and active when social media was around, he’d have been massive on YouTube

Gimme a few days. Is it on YouTube?

Edit: got it. Will watch shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Gimme a few days. Is it on YouTube?

Edit: got it. Will watch shortly.

Any update, walshb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Never heard of these 2, what's their background and why were they boxing?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ah here stop. I watched the "highlights."
    Two game lads, have clearly "trained" a bit and have conditioning and fitness, and if you think "proper" boxing involves standing still in front of your opponent with hands at your waist and your feet planted statically whilst trying to lamp in overhand rights like you're swinging a handbag and taking illegal shots then sure, they have it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

This whole charade is just a degree or two away from the hunger games..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ali would be a boxer whose fights would be uploaded to YouTube. That's a long way from a couple of youtubers giving boxing a go.

It's no different to jake Gylenhall deciding to fight Ryan Reynolds.

Walshb have you had a chance to watch it yet? I thought the 3rd round was particularly excellent.

Ali would be a boxer whose fights would be uploaded to YouTube. That's a long way from a couple of youtubers giving boxing a go.

It's no different to jake Gylenhall deciding to fight Ryan Reynolds.

Except these two guys are now pro boxers to be fair to them.

Not quite 2 a.m. kebab shop boxing, but extremely crude, raw and basic. White collar..

Logan certainly has a bit more about him in terms of fundamentals, feet, natural movement and punch delivery. Both would be tomato cans on the pro scene..

I suppose anyone can give it a go at any sport really, once they give it some time and preparation . It’s clear both these lads put the time and effort in.

All about levels. They are at the very lower level..

KSI more so...

Not quite 2 a.m. kebab shop boxing, but extremely crude, raw and basic. White collar..

Logan certainly has a bit more about him in terms of fundamentals, feet, natural movement and punch delivery. Both would be tomato cans on the pro scene..

I suppose anyone can give it a go at any sport really, once they give it some time and preparation . It’s clear both these lads put the time and effort in.

KSI more so...

The whole brittish top 20 cruisers would steamroll through KSI, id say at least 10 of them would stop him fairly handy too

Rumours out there that Puhalo or Okalie is next up for KSI. I think he’d struggle against Puhalo but would give Okalie a good fight

• Advertisement

KSI more so...

This is pretty general. I think the problem here is you are seeing boxing through the orthodox, not progressive lense of Irish amateur boxing. KSI has a very non traditional approach but is very much a disrupter. Much in the way Royce Gracie changed the way people looked at fighting and MMA, KSI would be very difficult to beat for a traditionally trained boxer.

What round in particular was your favorite Walshb?

Advertisement