Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxsaver leap card replacement

Options
  • 10-11-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭

So i have my number of the taxsaver card but the site wont let me register it so that i can report it missing and replace.

I then went to refund/replace and it says "database issue".

Guessing they do maintenance on Sundays...anyone ever seen this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Taxsaver cannot be replaced online

Needs to be done via Taxsaver office of the primary transport operator on the ticket, will need a letter from your HR dept as well

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

So i have my number of the taxsaver card but the site wont let me register it so that i can report it missing and replace.

I then went to refund/replace and it says "database issue".

Guessing they do maintenance on Sundays...anyone ever seen this problem?

Encountered this earlier this week, and I had to unregister my existing card (from last year) and then register my 'new one' and then request a replacement. Also had to log out and then back in to be able to register the card.

If you're in Dublin you can go to the taxsaver office at Connolly Station and get temporary replacement tickets to cover the period before the replacement card arrives. :) Edit: there's a €15 fee for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Needs to be done via Taxsaver office of the primary transport operator on the ticket, will need a letter from your HR dept as well

Well that's far from 100% true. If your taxsaver ticket is on a leap card (point to point ones may not be) then you can request a replacement leap card and the ticket will be transferred.

Source: I did this in the last year based on the documentation on the leap card website.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I lost my card (Dublin City Bus & Luas) and was able to order a new one online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

There was a time it wasnt done directly through leap, but that time was a long time ago now. The only issue comes from an unregistered card and any difficulty in identifying your taxsaver as a result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement