Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connaughton v Leinster build up thread

Options

Comments

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Matt Dawson approves of this post

Edit: ah crap, this is what i get for trying to do some work before I finished the post :(

With a dry cool wit like that you could be an action hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

With a dry cool wit like that you could be an action hero.

That was a tremendous reference

Whats the craic with Madigan? Is he injured, or just not considered to be good enough for Bristol?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Whats the craic with Madigan? Is he injured, or just not considered to be good enough for Bristol?

playing well for the As, but deemed not good enough for the firsts.
    Ioan Llyod playing great stuff and has a high ceiling ahead of him.

most likely madigan will be off at the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

sydthebeat wrote: »
    playing well for the As, but deemed not good enough for the firsts.
    Ioan Llyod playing great stuff and has a high ceiling ahead of him.

most likely madigan will be off at the end of the season

Thoughts and Prayers go out to Cummiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

I took a stab at a combined XV.

Still feels a little Connacht heavy but a solid looking team all the same:

Yeah you're right should be Connachtmen everywhere but you copy/paste the wrong team. Mistakes happens, no problem.

And you forgot the bench who's honnestly 100% Connacht, even Ruddock, the best Leinsterman, is on a par with Fainga'a, absolutely brillant player of the season.

Lowe, Healy and Fardy are supposed to be ahaed of their counterpart, otherwise, a combined 23 is indeed Connacht heavy:P

connachta wrote: »
    t, even Ruddock, the best Leinsterman, is on a par with Fainga'a, absolutely brillant player of the season.

LOL

colby isnt even the best player in his family...
    never mind better than international capped and captain of ireland :D

LOL

colby isnt even the best player in his family...
    never mind better than international capped and captain of ireland :D

I expected that. He's the best of his familily now. He has 100 super rugby caps. He didn't play for Ireland because he's project NIQ for now. He would have had more caps than Ruddock if he were eligible. And Ruddock is very good. Colby is just excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This is going to be another one of those John Muldoon things. Good provincial player but never test quality etc etc.

connachta wrote: »
    I expected that. He's the best of his familily now. He has 100 super rugby caps. He didn't play for Ireland because he's project NIQ for now. He would have had more caps than Ruddock if he were eligible. And Ruddock is very good. Colby is just excellent.

ah im sure those 100 super rugby caps were great comfort to him while his 3 brothers were amassing international caps ;)

slagging aside... i do like him as a gritty flanker... but hes a bit to go yet to get to ruddock level of game dominance

• Advertisement

ah im sure those 100 super rugby caps were great comfort to him while his 3 brothers were amassing international caps ;)

slagging aside... i do like him as a gritty flanker... but hes a bit to go yet to get to ruddock level of game dominance

You'll see tonight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    Very happy that the world cup is over so we can get back to quality thread like this one

I agree. I was very disappointed with the RWC but this thread has made me smile. I forgot how much I enjoy the inter-pros and how much ****e you Paddies talk. It cracks me up.

what ref is appointed to this??

the pro 14 site only shows assistant refs and TMOs, for some strange reason....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If Connacht are serious of competing in the HC this year they should be winning this game.

It's not a full strenght Leinster team and Connacht are at home. Leinster have a poor record in Connacht as well.......

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Hi. I've never been to The Sportsground before. There are standing tickets available for the College Rd Terrace and Bohermore Terrace. Is one better than the other and do you use the main entrance on College Road for both or can you go in a different way for the Bohermore Terrace?
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Wegians89

ingalway wrote: »
    Hi. I've never been to The Sportsground before. There are standing tickets available for the College Rd Terrace and Bohermore Terrace. Is one better than the other and do you use the main entrance on College Road for both or can you go in a different way for the Bohermore Terrace?
    Thank you.

The college road side enter through the main stand entrance and bohermore side enter through the clan entrance a couple of feet down towards the g hotel from the main entrance. No real difference betweenness both. Although the screen is behind you on the bohermore side

Thank you.

They won't even let you into the Bohermore Terrace unless you smell of a very particular type of turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

Thank you.

2 separate entrances, both on College Rd. College Rd Terrace probably a little better in terms of ease of access (closer to the entrances) and a little closer to food/drink etc. In terms of vantage points, no real difference between them...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

what ref is appointed to this??

the pro 14 site only shows assistant refs and TMOs, for some strange reason....

Gallagher. From Leinster. Figure that one out...

https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/referee-appointments/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Thank you.
    doesnt really matter which end in terms of views. I've ticket for bohermore. I prefer it to college road.
    You enter college road terrace from the main stand side while you enter clan stand side if you have a bohermore ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

They won't even let you into the Bohermore Terrace unless you smell of a very particular type of turf.
    ah feck off venjur... not even turf smell gets you onto bohermore....
    Only true diehards have season tickets for bohermore....
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Gallagher. From Leinster. Figure that one out...

https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/referee-appointments/
    also worked in connacht based out of sportsground for couple years...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

also worked in connacht based out of sportsground for couple years...

It's still a bad look and not appropriate. Refs should not be reffing their own team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

It's still a bad look and not appropriate. Refs should not be reffing their own team.

That's just being determined to be annoyed about something. And unfairly questions a refs integrity.

Frank Murphy an ex Munster player reffed Munster Leinster last year and it was fine.

All I want is a competent ref and Gallagher seems ok

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Frank Murphy an ex Munster player reffed Munster Leinster last year and it was fine.

All I want is a competent ref and Gallagher seems ok

ex Munster Frank Murphy who is reffing Munster-Ulster this weekend?

Seems a bit of a no brainer to switch them around to be honest.

I have no problem with either reffing those games for the record, it just seems optics wise it would make sense to swap.

Ah sure Frank Murphy is Connacht too I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Would you rather Mr Clancy from Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

ex Munster Frank Murphy who is reffing Munster-Ulster this weekend?

Seems a bit of a no brainer to switch them around to be honest.

I have no problem with either reffing those games for the record, it just seems optics wise it would make sense to swap.

Then you'd have people complaining cos Frank Murphy used to pay for Connacht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Game hasn't even started and people are already on the ref

As mentioned Frank Murphy done the munster v Leinster match. Not sure what I commented at the time but watched the game after and he done a good job!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Then you'd have people complaining cos Frank Murphy used to pay for Connacht

Yeah, I just realised this after I typed it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

I think he’ll probably be fine. Frank Murphy has done it before and been fine.

But it’s not appropriate. It’s not about their ability to be neutral but also how it appears. Having a professional league run like this isn’t up to standard and I’m usually a defender of the pro14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Did frank Murphy do the Connacht Munster game last year? Any time frank has reffed Connacht I think he’s been great, he’s not biased at all.

I don’t think Gallagher reffing tonight looks great but with the standard of some refs in the league, getting a decent Irish ref is better than some of the others

Advertisement