Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trinity Summer Series 2020

• 08-11-2019 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭

Walking on cars Friday 3rd July, Tickets priced €49.90

The Specials Saturday 4th July, Tickets €59.50

Meh start. Had a listen to walking on cars, strange booking since they're playing other Irish/Dublin shows before July with cheaper tickets.

Walking On Cars play:
    Thursday 12th Dec Millennium Forum, DERRY, UK – Limited tickets available
    Friday 13th Dec Royal Theatre Castlebar, CASTLEBAR, IRE – Limited tickets available
    Saturday 14th Dec Leisureland, GALWAY, IRE – SOLD OUT
    Friday 20th Dec Live At The Big Top, LIMERICK, IRE – SOLD OUT
    Saturday 21st Dec INEC Arena, KILLARNEY, IRE – Limited tickets available
    Wednesday 31st Dec: NYF Dublin Countdown Concert, DUBLIN, IRE
    Friday 3rd July: The Summer Series at Trinity College, DUBLIN, IRE

Sound like a Tesco brand Lewis Capaldi.

5 gigs left to announce.

I'm guessing Wolf Alice will be one.
    Jamie Cullum is another possibility.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

5 gigs left to announce.

Complete guesses, not even sure if they are touring but i reckon maybe Haim or Lizzo for Trinity gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭bullpost

Walking on cars Friday 3rd July, Tickets priced €49.90

The Specials Saturday 4th July, Tickets €59.50

Meh start. Had a listen to walking on cars, strange booking since they're playing other Irish/Dublin shows before July with cheaper tickets.

Walking On Cars play:
    Thursday 12th Dec Millennium Forum, DERRY, UK – Limited tickets available
    Friday 13th Dec Royal Theatre Castlebar, CASTLEBAR, IRE – Limited tickets available
    Saturday 14th Dec Leisureland, GALWAY, IRE – SOLD OUT
    Friday 20th Dec Live At The Big Top, LIMERICK, IRE – SOLD OUT
    Saturday 21st Dec INEC Arena, KILLARNEY, IRE – Limited tickets available
    Wednesday 31st Dec: NYF Dublin Countdown Concert, DUBLIN, IRE
    Friday 3rd July: The Summer Series at Trinity College, DUBLIN, IRE

Sound like a Tesco brand Lewis Capaldi.

5 gigs left to announce.

The Specials on a sunny evening in Trinity sounds mighty fine to me.
    Are tickets on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

bullpost wrote: »
    Are tickets on sale?

next friday i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Went to New Order this summer and it was my first time there for a gig, great spot and very well organised, would definitely go back if they had someone that interested me but neither of them acts will do it for me.

Went to New Order this summer and it was my first time there for a gig, great spot and very well organised, would definitely go back if they had someone that interested me but neither of them acts will do it for me.

Best outdoor venue, Vampire Weekend and Janelle Monae were gems of gigs.

Just very comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

same here, our first time there at that very same gig, few of us went.

great night.

as long as they ( promoters ) dont become greedy fcukers and start filling the place wrecklessly, nice crowd size as it is, not too many and room to relax etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Stillill42

It's no Iveagh Gardens but agreed, nice spot for a Summer gig.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea went to see Foals there last year and thought it was a great setup (the weather helped)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Beck are in the mix for a Trinity gig

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bullpost wrote: »
    Could be bucketing down rain though, and 4euro more than they were in the olympia this year.

They did 3 nights in the olympia, I hate the way these outdoor gigs are often the same price or more when really I would want them heavily discounted to have any interest and to run the risk of weather, sound quality, possibly poor facilities. Be like charging more into some drive in or outdoor cinema when really it should be far cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Beck are in the mix for a Trinity gig

Beck is a bloke, not a they

lc180 wrote: »
    Complete guesses, not even sure if they are touring but i reckon maybe Haim or Lizzo for Trinity gigs.

We have a wiener

Haim June 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Envelope436

Is it possible to get pre-sale codes for Trinity Summer Series? Not mad about the line up yet, Haim might be good though. But it is a great spot for a night out so I think I will get tickets for at least one of the shows. Saw Janelle Monae last year, she was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

Haim June 30th

Worth noting that there is a EURO 2020 game in the Aviva Stadium on June 30th. Accommodation will probably be €€€€€ so maybe book early

75418898_10157952580284548_1413255591429668864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=zQyf9k-U6YUAQkYrswx6kW1hfjXRJ_3hSa_pv35588U2mHFCRq-K__tQQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3b0c0e8e56dfff3941511b22fc25529a&oe=5E819788

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

lc180 wrote: »
    Worth noting that there is a EURO 2020 game in the Aviva Stadium on June 30th. Accommodation will probably be €€€€€ so maybe book early

And there is a decent chance it could be England! Definitely a night I would want to avoid town if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Soccer Mommy supporting Haim.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Just heard an ad for Beck, didn't know this was confirmed and doesn't appear to be any mention on Boards!

Not sure if I can go though :(

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Yeah i'm raged this is on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Well that's me out as it's the same weekend as the Fontaines DC :( ffs

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Has this been cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭fafy

Lux23 wrote: »
    Has this been cancelled?

Strangely- No, in fact you can still buy tickets for these 7 gigs that definitely won’t be happening,

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/trinity-college-tickets-dublin/venue/199101?camefrom=IE_BLOG_Trinity-Summer-Series-2020_5-12-2019

I assume we will hear after next government announcement

Is there still no update on these gigs? I heard they won't allow weddings of 100 people, so is this likely to happen at all?

Is there still no update on these gigs? I heard they won't allow weddings of 100 people, so is this likely to happen at all?

There will be no gigs happening for the foreseeable future

social gatherings of more than 4 people aren't allowed until 20th July at the earliest, so they definitely won't happen.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/news/58bc8b-taoiseach-announces-roadmap-for-reopening-society-and-business-and-u/

Presume they're waiting on the artists to sort out/announce their rescheduled gigs for next summer before announcing anything.

I just saw this article - seems ridiculous that they could be allowed go ahead. (Ignore the headline as the article says this was corrected by Trinity media relations.

http://www.universitytimes.ie/2020/05/college-confirms-cancellation-of-summer-series-due-to-pandemic/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I just saw this article - seems ridiculous that they could be allowed go ahead. (Ignore the headline as the article says this was corrected by Trinity media relations.

http://www.universitytimes.ie/2020/05/college-confirms-cancellation-of-summer-series-due-to-pandemic/

More that the artist wont be coming over for it

Wont make financial sense for say Crowded House. More than likely all there other dates for 2020 have been rescheduled/cancelled

no, they can't. Did you read the link I posted? The Road Map quite clearly spells out that they can't go ahead.

Oh, I know that is why I said it was ridiculous. Trinity Media Relations said the events haven't been cancelled though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement