Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves - #18 Toto Wolfcastle

• 04-11-2019 7:36pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here we go we are almost there. November is here, the clocks went back and the winter weather is well and truly here. Number 18 on the list and this time we are joined by a Christmas forum OG Toto Wolfcastle.

Let’s kick start :)

Favourite movie?
    First single you ever bought?
    Favourite chocolate bar/sweet?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yo Toto! o/

Favourite book/author?

Are you a real tree or artificial tree person?

Favourite tinned sweets?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tinsel or no tinsel ?
    Favorite indulgence over Christmas ?
    An afternoon free to yourself , what would you choose to do ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

If you could change one thing about Christmas what would it be?

Chocolate or jellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

My usual ones...........

Four people, dead or alive, to invite to dinner and why?

Favourite place to visit/been on holidays to?

ps........love the screen name, every time I see it, it reminds of the kind of cool name you would give yourself when you were younger, like Maxamillion!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Oh hai!
    Loughc wrote: »
    Here we go we are almost there. November is here, the clocks went back and the winter weather is well and truly here. Number 18 on the list and this time we are joined by a Christmas forum OG Toto Wolfcastle.

Let’s kick start :)

Favourite movie?
    First single you ever bought?
    Favourite chocolate bar/sweet?
    Favourite movie is a tough one. I actually think it's Elf but Clueless and Mean Girls are classics that I could watch time and time again. Or Ant-Man. I'm not that into serious films. I like to laugh or watch things blow up.

Couldn't tell you what the first single I ever bought was. Probably something Boyzone. I know that the first thing I ever googled was Five. (I have excellent taste in music)

If I had to pick a bar from a supermarket it would be a Kinder Bueno. I'm very into high-percentage milk chocolates at the moment though.
    Posy wrote: »
    Yo Toto! o/

Favourite book/author?

Are you a real tree or artificial tree person?

Favourite tinned sweets?
    Favourite book is definitely Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou. I'm completely obsessed with anything to do with Elizabeth Holmes but that book was my introduction to that whole mad situation.

I like the idea of a real tree but in practice, I think an artificial tree is more practical. Less mess, less hassle and it lasts longer. :pac: (Coming up on 10 years for our current one that cost less than €100 in Dunnes.)

I don't like any of the tinned sweets. :eek: I always buy After Eights at Christmas instead.
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tinsel or no tinsel ?
    Favorite indulgence over Christmas ?
    An afternoon free to yourself , what would you choose to do ? :)
    I love the look of tinsel but I don't have any. It always looks lovely on other people's trees but I know that if I tried it on mine it would look like an 80s throwback. My favourite coffee shop had Halloween tinsel and it looked really cool.

Favourite indulgence over Christmas is any sort of sweet breakfast as often as I want. Pancakes or waffles with caramel sauce, pain au chocolat, any sort of chocolate baked goods for breakfast will do.

With a free afternoon, I'd bake something really delicious (brownies, probably) and eat the results while watching a Hallmark Christmas movie. That or a scrub and a body wrap in a spa! :D
    Jude13 wrote: »
    If you could change one thing about Christmas what would it be?

Chocolate or jellies?
    I'd probably change the negative mindset that some people have as soon as there's even a hint of Christmas mentioned before December. Not that I think everyone should be as into it as us, but I think it would be nice if people realised that there's no pressure to participate until they're ready.

Definitely chocolate. I like to kid myself that the sugar in chocolate isn't as bad for my teeth as the sugar in jellies. :p But I'm just not that into jellies.
    TRS30 wrote: »
    My usual ones...........

Four people, dead or alive, to invite to dinner and why?

Favourite place to visit/been on holidays to?

ps........love the screen name, every time I see it, it reminds of the kind of cool name you would give yourself when you were younger, like Maxamillion!

Ah the dead or alive dinner party question is a tough one! I'd go with Chrissy Teigen because obviously, James Acaster because he's just genuinely hilarious, a duo of Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz because they're the best thing about Formula 1 right now and since they're better together I'm putting them in as one person. Lewis Capaldi would round out the guestlist nicely.

Seattle is the best place I've ever been to. Incredibly good food scene, unbelievable choice of beer and a very laid-back vibe. I'd live there if I could. (But only during the summer. Their weather is very similar to our weather.)

Ha I'm very pleased with my name. :D Mercedes F1 Team Principal is called Toto Wolff (he's the one in my avatar) and he sounds exactly like Rainier Wolfcastle from The Simpsons so I combined the two.

That was long! I need to make myself a hot chocolate to get over the excitement. Let me know if I've missed anything.

• Advertisement

Ah crap, I missed some. Hang on, I'll edit my last post!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What did you want to be when you 'grew up' as a child? & how close to achieving it did you get?

Top 5 desert island discs?

Favourite TV show?

Favourite alcoholic / non alcoholic beverage?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Poppadoms or bread?

DvB wrote: »
    What did you want to be when you 'grew up' as a child? & how close to achieving it did you get?

Top 5 desert island discs?

Favourite TV show?

Favourite alcoholic / non alcoholic beverage?
    I wanted to do something creative. Designing something or writing or something like that. Came pretty close.

Desert island discs - can I just have the Five Megamix? :D Just take a random 5 songs from the Spotify 90s boyband platlist and I'm happy. :D Or 4 boyband songs and Mariah's All I Want For Christmas. As I said earlier, I have excellent taste. :pac:

Bake Off is definitely my favourite TV show. I got very into The Circle last year too and I would have said it was a favourite but this year's show was ruined by nastiness. Love ER too and Gilmore Girls.

Love a Pepsi Max with loads of ice. Favourite alcoholic drinks is a really creamy, biscuity champagne. Not that I have it very often, but I really love it when I do.
    Zaph wrote: »
    Poppadoms or bread?

:D

Bread. A selection of breads with plenty of butter and a sprinkle of flaked sea salt on top.

'Poppadoms or bread?' is a question that's always asked during the Off Menu Podcast, in case you have no idea what Zaph is talking about here! It's an excellent podcast. Well worth a listen if you like food and comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi Toto !
    Here my questions.
    Thanks !!!

- Which is your favourite way of travel ?
    - Which words or phrases do you most overuse ?
    - Most thoughtful gift you have ever received ? And given ?

• Advertisement

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi Toto !
    Here my questions.
    Thanks !!!

- Which is your favourite way of travel ?
    - Which words or phrases do you most overuse ?
    - Most thoughtful gift you have ever received ? And given ?

Favourite way to travel is any way that doesn't involve me doing any work. :pac: I don't mind driving but I actually really enjoy the bus commute to work because I get to sit back and switch off the rain. The bus home is a massive pain though.

Just asked my husband if I overuse any words or phrases and he says I don't overuse any so he's going right to the top of Santa's nice list. I do shorten words quite a bit like totes, amaze instead of amazing, uuzhe (how the hell do you spell that one? It's 'usual' shortened!) and I'm sure some would argue that using them even once is overusing them!

Most thoughtful gift I've received is a beautiful handmade wooden Christmas decoration. My husband got someone to make it for me a few years ago. It's Christmas scene and you can put a little tealight into it. And this year for my birthday he gave me a really cute little Christmas brooch that I'd seen online months and months ago and he remembered how much I loved it. He's actually excellent at presents. I can't think of one thoughtful gift I've given. :eek: (And neither can my husband so sadly his time on Santa's nice list has been cut short.) This year I've bought a particular cookbook for my mother because I know it's something she's been talking about learning about for years so that's probably quite thoughtful. I'll add something she'll need to make one of the recipes to round out the gift.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's a great present idea, actually!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What would be your ideal Christmas tree - real or fake, what type of lights, how would you decorate it etc?

What was your favourite toy when you were a child?

If you could download a skill instantly the way they do in the Matrix, what would you choose?

Ha I'm very pleased with my name. :D Mercedes F1 Team Principal is called Toto Wolff (he's the one in my avatar) and he sounds exactly like Rainier Wolfcastle from The Simpsons so I combined the two.

An F1 fan then I take it? Lewis Hamilton fan?

I'm back!
    Scarinae wrote: »
    What would be your ideal Christmas tree - real or fake, what type of lights, how would you decorate it etc?

What was your favourite toy when you were a child?

If you could download a skill instantly the way they do in the Matrix, what would you choose?
    Ideal Christmas tree would be a real one that lasts from late November to early January and has a properly pine-y scent throughout. More warm white lights than you think you'd need. (Or colourful ones that are like the ones I have in my head but can't explain - they definitely don't have blue in them!) Some sort of string of decorations to wrap around the tree and finished off with a mishmash of decorations we've collected over the years.

Favourite toy was probably a ballerina doll but I don't remember having particular favourites.

I'd probably download something really boring like the ability to iron properly. Haven't seen the Matrix in a long long time but I'm assuming Neo did that. :pac:
    TRS30 wrote: »
    An F1 fan then I take it? Lewis Hamilton fan?

Yeah, I like Hamilton. Happy he won. I like Bottas too and Kimi and Lando and Sainz and Ricciardo. I move between liking and disliking Vettel depending on his mood. Basically, I like the fun people.

Yeah, I like Hamilton. Happy he won. I like Bottas too and Kimi and Lando and Sainz and Ricciardo. I move between liking and disliking Vettel depending on his mood. Basically, I like the fun people.

Yea, Vettel can be hard to like at times. Max is growing on my, love his don't give a sh!t attitude.

Advertisement