Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic reg change.

Options
  • 04-11-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys. Question. I have bought a Classic car, 70's. but the previous owner used the standard number plate design when he imported it. I was wondering if it's possible to change it to a ZV plate and if so does anyone know the procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Defender77 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Question. I have bought a Classic car, 70's. but the previous owner used the standard number plate design when he imported it. I was wondering if it's possible to change it to a ZV plate and if so does anyone know the procedure?

You need form VRT35

As a matter of interest, why would you want to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

you can change the style of the plate at will, if it's the modern plate you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

You can go from year reg to zv, but you can't go from zv to year reg.
    I had to choose recently, so thought that the zv number would be too long. I opted for the year, but they gave me a 5 digit number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Defender77

Fantastic, that was easy. Thanks guys.

Why you say?. well it might sound silly but I love talking to people at shows. I tend to stay with my vehicle so that people will come up to me to talk about it.....and one of the first questions they ask (when its a ZV number) is what year is it, boom! your having a conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

they also ask when you have a year plate.....and then tell you what's wrong with your car !

• Advertisement
Advertisement