Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 19 - U.S.A

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

In fairness it hasn't been too hard when you consider Max's performances include a puncture, a dnf and a back of the grid start from memory.

Amazing nothing like that happened albon

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Six times.

Yet some of the bitters here won’t call him one of the greats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Enjoyed that, bit of a slow burner but an exciting last couple of laps. Hamilton nearly pulled it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

skipper_G wrote: »
    Another nice pass from Checo, he's had a great race as well. Pitlane start and running in the points

Under investigation at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Well done Lewis on winning your sixth title.

• Advertisement

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Under investigation at the moment

Stream went for last two laps. Maybe his did too. Think he is in the clear according to commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Faugheen wrote: »
    Six times.

Why don’t people here like him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

BDI wrote: »
    Amazing nothing like that happened albon

Actually to his credit he has had a few issues to contend with, he finished 5th in Belgium having started at the back for an engine change and he fnished 5th in Russia having started from the pit lane.

Six times.

Ignore the lemons :)

splinter65 wrote: »

Am I allowed say everything I feel about him without mod action?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Don't go there!

I personally don't like him but hats off, deserved.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Not liking him isn’t the issue.

It’s those who use their hatred to cloud any rational judgement of him.

There’s plenty here who don’t like him but can acknowledge that his achievements speak for themselves.

It’s just the losers who can’t get over it.

Mercedes have been operationally better than the rest, best car early on but was much closer in the second half of the season and they continued to maximise their weekends. Hamilton was relentlessly consistent as ever, 6 world titles is an incredible achievement. Congrats to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭This is it

christy c wrote: »
    Don't go there!

I personally don't like him but hats off, deserved.

Yep, exactly how I feel. Not a fan but you don't win 6 titles without being a phenomenal driver. Well deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I don’t like him as many don’t, to me he’ll never be as good as Schumacher no matter what the record books say, but still, well done to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

I think he'll get one more as Merc dominate next year and that will be it. Maybe Bottas might beat him but I'd doubt it. When the new rules come in Red Bull or Renault will have the jump on Mercedes and he'll be yesterday's news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Fair play to him,6 titles is a brilliant achievement.Think its inevitable he will pass Schumachers record.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Are the ages very similar between Schumacher and Hamilton for the 6th title?

Lewis must have a desire to at least equal the 7, do people think it will be possible in the current and oncoming climate?

Lewis must have a desire to at least equal the 7, do people think it will be possible in the current and oncoming climate?
    Personally, I think Lewis will win eight titles.

Are the ages very similar between Schumacher and Hamilton for the 6th title?

Same age as Schumacher was when he won number 6. Stable regulations for next season, I expect Mercedes to be at the front still and he has the measure of Bottas so he's the favourite for next year imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Granted, but it’s close to 2.5-3s quicker. At the time I posted that it would have absolutely been possible to get it done.

Didn't get to see it but followed online and he Albon had some race.
    He had 3 pit stops and 26 seconds behind Charles so it was close enough it you take that into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

I like that there was a race ,I mean he could have strolled round the track to day but went for a win, Good drive by Bottas to catch back up and get the pass done .

Unlucky for Vettel today but the Car was no better in pace for Charles , Ferrari just disappeared today and not for the first time this year

Redbull were a bit flat as well Max never really challenged today , Albon had an entertaining drive back to 5th plenty of pit stops and over takes actually shows how far behind the others are .

Renault with Riccardo do appear to be getting the better of McLaren in the races just not qualified as well. I don't think they can catch them in the constructors but should keep some of it interesting .

Hardluck for Gasly today tires really went off at the end , still a point for Toro with Kvyatt but Gasly had been better throughout the weekend .

Haas , just poor done until next year

Racing point seem to have pace sometimes but a poor enough season for them .

Congratulations to Lewis , 6 world titles some achievement really . He should dedicated 20% of it to Ferrari strategy team the rest was the Car and Mercedes . I wonder will he be able to get number 7 before the rule changes .

Jesus, who let Will.i.am on

Joeface wrote: »
    I like that there was a race ,I mean he could have strolled round the track to day but went for a win, Good drive by Bottas to catch back up and get the pass done .

Unlucky for Vettel today but the Car was no better in pace for Charles , Ferrari just disappeared today and not for the first time this year

Redbull were a bit flat as well Max never really challenged today , Albon had an entertaining drive back to 5th plenty of pit stops and over takes actually shows how far behind the others are .

Renault with Riccardo do appear to be getting the better of McLaren in the races just not qualified as well. I don't think they can catch them in the constructors but should keep some of it interesting .

Hardluck for Gasly today tires really went off at the end , still a point for Toro with Kvyatt but Gasly had been better throughout the weekend .

Haas , just poor done until next year

Racing point seem to have pace sometimes but a poor enough season for them .

Congratulations to Lewis , 6 world titles some achievement really . He should dedicated 20% of it to Ferrari strategy team the rest was the Car and Mercedes . I wonder will he be able to get number 7 before the rule changes .

Kvyat got a 5 second time penalty for causing a collision with Perez when he passed him so Checo got the last point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Lol I turned off straight after the flag ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

That AWS tyre degredation is some nonsense. Shows Lewis medium tyres at 60% after 24 laps and his his hard tyres at 40% after around the same amount. I'd say Amazon have some intern listening to team radio and having a guess at it.

uchimata83 wrote: »
    That AWS tyre degredation is some nonsense. Shows Lewis medium tyres at 60% after 24 laps and his his hard tyres at 40% after around the same amount. I'd say Amazon have some intern listening to team radio and having a guess at it.

I'm sure in one of the races they had someone basically on 0%, as if it were a computer game and they couldn't fathom how the car was still running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

It's not just here. He's thoroughly dislikable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

uchimata83 wrote: »

Didn't Pirelli completely distance themselves from it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Have become immune to Lewis winning now, I think it'll take something extraordinary to stop him winning 8 titles

Can see how he rubs people up the wrong way but as well as being a superstar and huge marketing tool off the track, his will to win and drive on it are second to none. No-one can touch him at present.

Advertisement