Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD - 11 speed groupset

Options
  • 02-11-2019 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭

Thinking of building up a bike to use on the turbo and for the odd outdoor spin. Looking for an 11 speed groupset if anyone happens to have one lying around before I try find a new 105 5800 still in stock somewhere. I'd need a long cage RD ideally, and compact chainset.

Would need postage most likely too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Thinking of building up a bike to use on the turbo and for the odd outdoor spin. Looking for an 11 speed groupset if anyone happens to have one lying around before I try find a new 105 5800 still in stock somewhere. I'd need a long cage RD ideally, and compact chainset.

Would need postage most likely too

I do! 105 5800, have everything bar calipers!

Will have to check if it’s a long cage mech but I believe it is, I’ve a 50/34 sitting around too, as well as 53/39

Let me know if your interested and I’ll figure a price in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ryan0380

I have an ultegra 6800 group for sale. I'm looking for 290e, chainset is 53/39 and RD is short cage so might not suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Deano12345 wrote: »

Will have to check if it’s a long cage mech but I believe it is, I’ve a 50/34 sitting around too, as well as 53/39

I would be interested depending on price / condition

ryan0380 wrote: »
    I have an ultegra 6800 group for sale. I'm looking for 290e, chainset is 53/39 and RD is short cage so might not suit you.

Thanks for the offer - would want 52-36 at a minimum and planning to spend a bit less (didn't buy the frameset I have my eye on yet so will just buy a full second hand bike if I don't find what I'm looking for)

I would be interested depending on price / condition

Group set is in good condition, few scuffs here and there and some heel rub on the cranks but nothing major

How does 140 sound? For the crankset, Shifters, front and rear mech?

I’m away for a few days but I can get pictures over to you when I’m back on Wednesday!

• Advertisement

Group set is in good condition, few scuffs here and there and some heel rub on the cranks but nothing major

How does 140 sound? For the crankset, Shifters, front and rear mech?

I’m away for a few days but I can get pictures over to you when I’m back on Wednesday!

Sure no rush with the photos, in the meantime I'll see if I can line up a frameset - hoping to do this for 400€!

Sure no rush with the photos, in the meantime I'll see if I can line up a frameset - hoping to do this for 400€!

Perfect, will PM you them on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXPCRFF/planet-x-pro-carbon-road-frameset

There you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I quite agree, limited sizes though, on the Evo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭micase

I'm selling a Pro Carbon with an 11 speed sram rival 52/36 in medium for my daughter (minus wheels). Around 500 Kms and looking for 600Euro. I'll post pics if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ms34

if CantGetNoSleep doesn't take I'd be interested

Thanks all for the frame recommendations & offer.

This is a bit of a weird build as I'm looking for something to use on the turbo, the very odd winter ride, and every so often when I need to do a longer commute for work. So in an ideal world i'd get something like a Genesis Equilibrium but not hopeful in budget. The odd longer commute doesn't have secure storage so I don't want to up budget for that reason, but would like full mudguard mounts if feasible

Thanks all for the frame recommendations & offer.

This is a bit of a weird build as I'm looking for something to use on the turbo, the very odd winter ride, and every so often when I need to do a longer commute for work. So in an ideal world i'd get something like a Genesis Equilibrium but not hopeful in budget. The odd longer commute doesn't have secure storage so I don't want to up budget for that reason, but would like full mudguard mounts if feasible

ms34 wrote: »
    if CantGetNoSleep doesn't take I'd be interested

Will let Deano know on Wednesday once I see a few pics

Will let Deano know on Wednesday once I see a few pics

PM'ing them now!

PM'ing them now!

Here they are!

Thanks! Are there two chainsets in those photos or just the 53-39?

Thanks! Are there two chainsets in those photos or just the 53-39?

No there’s a set of 50-34 rings for it, I was going to take it off the bike it’s currently on and fit them last night but the evening got away from me!

Deano I think I've picked up a very good deal on a Specialized Allez that ticks all of my boxes (2018 model, looks almost unused, has mudguard and rack mounts, comes with the exact gearing I wanted 50/34 and 11-32 11-speed). LBS took it in for a trade-in so I had to put my name down for it straight away.

I'll have to leave the groupset to ms34 or someone else so - thank you in any case!

• Advertisement

Deano I think I've picked up a very good deal on a Specialized Allez that ticks all of my boxes (2018 model, looks almost unused, has mudguard and rack mounts, comes with the exact gearing I wanted 50/34 and 11-32 11-speed). LBS took it in for a trade-in so I had to put my name down for it straight away.

I'll have to leave the groupset to ms34 or someone else so - thank you in any case!

No hassle at all!

Enjoy the new steed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭Seadin

Do you have shifters for sale?

Seadin wrote: »
    Do you have shifters for sale?

I do indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

Interested in buying all you have for sale Deano, what are you asking for them?

BGT wrote: »
    Interested in buying all you have for sale Deano, what are you asking for them?

They’re in demand haha!

Was asking €140 for the lot, crankset, shifters, front and rear mech! Have either 53/39 or 50/34 rings!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

Provided I'm not breaking any rules here, will offer asking. Two things where are you based and is it 11 speed?

BGT wrote: »
    Provided I'm not breaking any rules here, will offer asking. Two things where are you based and is it 11 speed?

Hey, CantGetNoSleep ended up getting a new bike, and I PM’d ms34 who was second in line a good few days ago and haven’t heard anything so we’re good (I think haha)

Yes, all the parts are 11 speed, 5800 series.

Based between Ranelagh and Dublin 15 depending on the day, but I can post fairly easily too!

I do indeed!

What are you looking for them and can you post?

Seadin wrote: »
    What are you looking for them and can you post?

Form an orderly queue haha!

Looking for €140 and BGT has already offered asking so I’ll let him get back to me before opening up again, I’ll let you know!

I can post no bother!

I’m glad CantGetNoSleep got sorted otherwise this would be a tremendous thread hijacking (sorry mods!)

• Advertisement

Form an orderly queue haha!

Looking for €140 and BGT has already offered asking so I’ll let him get back to me before opening up again, I’ll let you know!

I can post no bother!

I’m glad CantGetNoSleep got sorted otherwise this would be a tremendous thread hijacking (sorry mods!)

No worries. I will be nterested if BGT doesnt take them. Thanks

Advertisement