Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Ryan - Amazon Original (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

There's a temptation here to think they've give Noomi Rapace an OK to Decent role

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Making the main enemy a nuclear Venezuela does feel like a mixture of the ludicrous and overly topical. Was this ever one of the books, or have they changed the country for the sake of contemporaneousness ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

pixelburp wrote: »
    Full trailer has been released for Season 2;

A CIA/US Government joint venture

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

release date for season 2 yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

pixelburp wrote: »
    Making the main enemy a nuclear Venezuela does feel like a mixture of the ludicrous and overly topical. Was this ever one of the books, or have they changed the country for the sake of contemporaneousness ?

Is it a nod to a Clear and Present Danger?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Is it a nod to a Clear and Present Danger?

I agree, this season seems to be a reworking on Clear & Present Danger, Ford's movie was great but could have been expanded on so much that there's loads to play with here.

I used to love the Jack Ryan books, must go back and read them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    release date for season 2 yet?

all the episodes say 01 Nov:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5057054/episodes?season=2

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dropped at day early its out now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Dropped at day early its out now.

That's my weekend sorted so, thanks for the headsup

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Cool. It's far from the best show in the world, but season 1 was entertaining and the budget was put to good use. A nuclear Venezuela as antagonist still feels like the fever-dream of some American rightwing hawk, but still, I'll be tuning in ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

it doesn't make sense, is that room full of geopolitics students not supposed to know they have nukes not even a hint and he is telling them first?

and why couldn't yerman track the ship himself?

why hadn't he already killed the dog?

Season 1 recap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭cmac2009

it doesn't make sense, is that room full of geopolitics students not supposed to know they nukes not even hint and he is telling them first?

and why couldn't yerman track the ship himself?

why hadn't he already killed the dog?

Please refrain from picking holes in the plot, for the sake of your own mental health.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This running and jumping across rooftops lark is very fashionable altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭moby2101

2 episodes in, it's pretty decent. Great cast, story running along original lines. I really enjoyed the first season. It's one of the better shows of its genre

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how did he not notice the the guys injured arm the night before, why did he need to see him again the next day to notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

moby2101 wrote: »
    2 episodes in, it's pretty decent. Great cast, story running along original lines. I really enjoyed the first season. It's one of the better shows of its genre
    Lots of eye-rolling in the first series due to plot holes, but also for me John Krasinski does feel outta place in the role. I can't take him seriously in it; he's no Max Irons in Condor. It does, however, belt along, with interesting storylines, so with the added cast it certainly looks worth a look.

Just looked up RT: "second season is both bolder and more refined, doubling down on its epic espionage set-pieces while making its titular character a little more relatable." A jump from 74% for season 1 to 93% for season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭geecee

Ep4: Why did the
    Special forces guys
    not make him
    change out of his cream chinos when he was running around the Jungle at night!

Seems to me that their military advisers or wardrobe department need a kick up the ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭moby2101

Watched 2 more, it went downhill fast... couldn't be arsed watching any further.

Subtitles are on the small side.

• Advertisement

Flew through the 8 episodes over the last few days and I enjoyed some great action scenes an easy watch just like a good Clancy airport novel is an easy read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

On Ep.3. Its entertaining and am downloading the rest. Not quite grabbing me like series one yet. John Krasinski is very likeable and Jim will always get a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It goes downhill pretty fast. I don’t think the plot was as engaging. It was ok, not even sure I would call it good. I’m fine with it having little or nothing to do with the Jack Ryan books but I think the plotting was frankly plodding. The first one was very good but not great. This feels like it was rushed into production without the depth of characterisation/storytelling required for 8 episodes. Short episodes at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I actually liked it better than the first season which started off good but slowed down dramatically after

Finished it. 8th episode had a fairly sobering start. I like the show. It's fairly disposable, not nasty cheap, as I do think they try to put some thought into it. It's basically a solid microwave meal. Much like that sort of culinary exercise, you're in, you're out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Just finished it there easy watch. Nice tip of the hat to the books. Good small twist at the end. Has it got a 3rd season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

sioda wrote: »
    Just finished it there easy watch. Nice tip of the hat to the books. Good small twist at the end. Has it got a 3rd season?

I hope so.

I liked the whole season, shame it ended so soon.

sioda wrote: »

Yes.

I hadn't realised this was (executive) produced by Michael Bay: suddenly this entire show makes a lot more sense, now that I have a better frame of reference :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Really enjoyed that season.

Advertisement