Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chromatics @Vicar Street October 22.

Options
  • 30-04-2019 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

The Chromatics will play a rare Dublin concert on Vicar Street on October 22. Tickets on sale on Wednesday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

STAGE TIMES - CHROMATICS
    Vicar St 22nd October - TONIGHT

7:30pm Doors Open
    8:00pm Double Mixte
    8:45pm Desire
    9:35pm Chromatics

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

STAGE TIMES - CHROMATICS
    Vicar St 22nd October - TONIGHT

7:30pm Doors Open
    8:00pm Double Mixte
    8:45pm Desire
    9:35pm Chromatics

Is it not In Mirrors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Very jealous of anyone going to this tonight, would have loved to go but the date really did not suit me. Look forward to reading some reviews, hopefully we will see them back again sooner rather than later!

Kinda bummed In Mirrors not playing, but yeah should be great and it's not raining!

Great gig, but shame there was no merch! Really fancied one of the tour tshirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

mrcheez wrote: »
    Great gig, but shame there was no merch! Really fancied one of the tour tshirts.

me too!!
    I was really impressed by Desire. I knew of them, but only a couple of songs. I thought they were very good.
    Johnny Jewel really knows his rhythms!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

great gig. support were both excellent, although not mad on yer one from Desire's stage act. Chromatics were fantastic.

pity about the crowd, so many talkers throughout all 3 acts having full blown conversations, and arseholes shouting out stuff or whistling during quiet bits. can people not just STFU and listen to what's on stage?

pity about the crowd, so many talkers throughout all 3 acts having full blown conversations

Despite people using their phones I was pleasantly surprised that they weren't permanently recording every song, blocking the view for everyone else, so at least that's some improvement over many gigs I've been to in the past. Maybe people are learning.
    and arseholes shouting out stuff or whistling during quiet bits

Have to admit yer wan shouting "you sure are!" during Ruth's "I'm on Fire" was pretty funny ;)

But yeah.. less of the rest would have been appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

pity about the crowd, so many talkers throughout all 3 acts having full blown conversations, and arseholes shouting out stuff or whistling during quiet bits. can people not just STFU and listen to what's on stage?

Totally agree. It was an amazing gig but was definitely marred by some really ignorant behaviour. You had the Dublin gig full house - talkers, amateur filmmakers, hecklers and farters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nestegg

I had two talkers in front of me and a polite 'would you mind taking your chat somewhere else' actually worked and they buggered off.

Great show it was, Desire were a treat in support.

Hopefully they come back soon to tour the new record. Was a bit odd they played nothing off it.

• Advertisement

Just a heads up to those that aren't aware, if you enjoyed Chromatics you'd probably be up for Friendly Fires playing The Academy on Monday for €25!

More indietronica can only be a good thing.

Advertisement