Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Bank Graduate Programme 2019/2020:

Options
  • 01-11-2019 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Was just wondering if many people have applied for the graduate programme and how they feel their application is going.

I completed the online assessments and felt they went alright, but I'm still pretty on edge and hoping they get back to me soon enough.

I think this thread will be a good resource for people who have applied and are waiting to hear back at different stages of the application process (aptitude assessments, interview, in-person assessment, etc.) as we can keep each other posted.

I'll post an update when I hear back and hope that others will do the same!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Any advice on the online assessments and what they entail? Haven't been brave enough to sit them myself yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9 josephjames345

The verbal one is fairly standard.

There's a digits one where you have combinations of numbers on the left hand side and you have to get the number on the right hand side.

Then there's a problem solving one where you move obstacles to get a ball into a hole.

It was ok I think, but let me know how you get on!

Just completed it there

Verbal one was standard as you said, the exact same material as for the civil service admin officer graduate role i did a few weeks back so i was able to answer a couple questions without looking back to the material

The moving the ball one was interesting and i boxed myself in a couple times, skipped 3 times and got to level 10

The maths one was grand, got to level 18 and didn't find it too ardous

Overall happy but probably not good enough for how competitive the places for the programme will be

Nice one, I reached the high 30s in the verbal one (lost track while I was panicking over the time) and level 13 in both the ball and numerical one.

Fairly disappointed in the maths result considering that's what my degree is in but sure we'll see what happens haha

Just had my phone interview there, couple of questions I wasn't prepared for and a couple which only had a small relation to what I had prepared

The fact he said at the start he'd cut me off if i was going too long on an answer threw me a little

Not expecting to make it past this stage but glad I applied

• Advertisement

How long was it? Any advice?

10 mins like it said in the email, 6 questions in total

Have no exact advice only to not ramble on, get your points across quickly since time is of the essence

Everyone I know has had bad experiences like that, so I wouldn't dwell on it if I were you.

Did anyone get through to the assessment centre and interview?

Everyone I know has had bad experiences like that, so I wouldn't dwell on it if I were you.

Did anyone get through to the assessment centre and interview?

I've somehow made it to the in person interview and assessment centre, was sure I ballsed it up but still going

Not getting ahead of myself because I'm sure 100s still get through to this stage, it'll be an experience nonetheless

There's 100 left at this stage out of thousands of applicants and depending on demand there might be 30-60 places on the programme. We'll be waiting 2-3 weeks to hear back about if we were successful or not as well so it's a nice aul wait haha.

Surprised they only brought 100 to assessment, if they wanted in the 30-60 range I'd have thought it would be 200-250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 skyyyyy1K

Did anyone hear back yet?

Nothing yet, don't know if that's good or bad....

Wonder what method they’ll contact us over?

It's been email so far so can't imagine that will change

So far I know one person who received an offer by phone on Friday evening. They said they would follow that up by an email. We should all hear back early next week.

Yeah I got my offer today! Email was sent to me too

Got the rejection email myself, good to know at least

Still haven't heard back myself, I'll be saying my prayers tonight :cool:

Best of luck so, must be nerve wrecking at this stage when a lot have heard back

Thanks man. It's been fairly hard to take it easy since I heard of one lad getting an offer Friday. Just going to have to stay busy and keep applying for grad programmes so my hopes and dreams aren't too shattered if it doesn't work out haha

• Advertisement

Just got my offer today. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 highligh1987

Can you advise on some of the questions that were asked?

Thanks!

Advertisement