Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hughes motors, Dublin

• 30-10-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone have any comments or dealings with Hughes motors Dublin (newlands cross) - good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

obi604 wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone have any comments or dealings with Hughes motors Dublin (newlands cross) - good or bad?

Haven’t heard of them. What car you looking to buy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I'd be wary of any dealer in that general area however they seem to keep nice enough stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nice stock but never filed any company accounts yet so i'd be a little cautious, at the end of the day your not buying the dealer your buying the car, get a 12mt mapfre warranty on it so you don't need to go back to the dealer if there's a problem. GTI direct is only up the road if your sure of the car maybe take it up there for a look over just to be sure before parting with any cash, might set you back 70 buck or so but could be well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭obi604

Nice stock but never filed any company accounts yet so i'd be a little cautious, at the end of the day your not buying the dealer your buying the car, get a 12mt mapfre warranty on it so you don't need to go back to the dealer if there's a problem. GTI direct is only up the road if your sure of the car maybe take it up there for a look over just to be sure before parting with any cash, might set you back 70 buck or so but could be well worth it.

true, but every time I see this mapfre warranty thing I kinda lose interest, they are pawning you off to someone else.

obi604 wrote: »
    true, but every time I see this mapfre warranty thing I kinda lose interest, they are pawning you off to someone else.

It's fine I had to make use of it. Work carried out by main dealer. There not a scam. Just query which one there offering you and your happy with it. It's better than a warranty off a company that hasn't filed a return yet.

• Advertisement

It's fine I had to make use of it. Work carried out by main dealer. There not a scam. Just query which one there offering you and your happy with it. It's better than a warranty off a company that hasn't filed a return yet.

Thanks. Sounds like you had a good mapfre experience so.

Not filing a return - does this mean they have not been in business long enough to file one (like less than a year etc)

Yea exactly there a young company, it's a bit of a tradition around those parts. There seems to be a 2yr hump, doesn't mean you won't get a good deal just make sure the car is correct and your getting a good warranty.
    If you check out the garage and Mapfre here https://search.cro.ie/company/CompanySearch.aspx using the company name and click on list of submissions and you'll see all the submitted documents listed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

In fairness, the whole site they are in only recently got split up and Hughes took that space. It's not a matter of changing name overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your buying from a dealer and still spending money on your own third party warranty then what's the point in buying from the dealer? All you are doing is paying a middle man and his profit margin. Might as well eliminate the middle man and buy privately at that rate.

bazz26 wrote: »
    If your buying from a dealer and still spending money on your own third party warranty then what's the point in buying from the dealer? All you are doing is paying a middle man and his profit margin. Might as well eliminate the middle man and buy privately at that rate.

Mmm, just what I thought too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jamesmc48

I bought a 5 series off them a couple weeks ago, it's run by father and son. Very nice lads and I've had no issues with them so far anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

It is one of those places that I thought would be finished by Brexit given that their business was all about bringing in higher end stock from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Advertisement