Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outer Worlds - Obsidian RPG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just got to Byzanthium myself,
    I had the option to buy either a nav key or you're man badge,
    surely you get to go to other planets as well?

There is one more, fairly spoilerish to say which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Finished at 23 hours and did every quest/side quest/companion quest I could find, once you get to Byzantium it picks up pace rapidly, not half as much to do there as on Monarch which is by far the most quest dense planet. Byzantium is also the last real 'planet', the final one is just a single level and not open world, similar to embarking on the final mission in a Fallout game really, so there's very little to be done at that point.

The end is a bit anti-climatic really when it comes, but it's a wonderful experience and still game of the year for me hands down. Hopefully there'll be DLC for it as well. I got a 'good' ending in every scenario as far as I can tell.

I only encountered one bug in the entire game and that was the game crashing repeatedly when walking into a room with Chairman Rockwell on the last level. If you actually go around, walk around the railings, and enter the same room from the opposite side, it doesn't crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Grand, I'll get this finished in time for Red Dead II on the PC :D

But tonight I shall play The Beast Inside.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Homelander wrote: »
    Finished at 23 hours and did every quest/side quest/companion quest I could find

Vive la difference. On 38 hours and just left monarch with a few things still to do before proceeding to Byzantium.

Homelander wrote: »
    Finished at 23 hours and did every quest/side quest/companion quest I could find

Could do with the spoiler tags for some of that .

• Advertisement

Could do with the spoiler tags for some of that .

What, the crash bit? I don't really think there are any spoilers in that to be fair. The hard crash bug is a major game-breaking problem and is occurring on every platform (in a specific context which I have not or will not spoil and I've given no actual outcome whatsoever), only that there is a potentially game-breaking crash issue when you potentially encounter that character so people can expect it.

Also, I don't think Byzanthium being the last real 'planet' is a spoiler either. If anything I now very much wish I knew that going into it, definitely would've spent more time aimlessly wandering the other planets just enjoying the scenery and killing marauders and outlaws and leveling up and all the rest. As I said, last planet is more like a final mission of a Fallout game, but I feel a lot of people probably reasonably expect another planet and could be disappointed. I certainly was, others have given a similar sentiment already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Finished it last night with about 30 hours gameplay, thought it would be longer so happy I got it on Gamepass.

SAM is my favourite companion, his lines crack me up

Ending spoiler......
    Feel like Earth will be on some DLC

I fcuking I wasnt going mad regarding the cows.

If you squint, your Outer Worlds ship looks a bit like Serenity. If you notice your hold filling up with 'wooly cows', that's surely a reference to a Firefly scene that shows Serenity's hold full of cows about to be rustled to another planet.

Couldnt screenshot it at the time because Xbox Windows doesnt have a screenshot feature ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When i first saw the ship, i thought 'it's no serenity' but something oddly charming about it. I'm only a couple of hours in but such a whiff of Firefly off it, in a really good way.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I fcuking I wasnt going mad regarding the cows.

If you squint, your Outer Worlds ship looks a bit like Serenity. If you notice your hold filling up with 'wooly cows', that's surely a reference to a Firefly scene that shows Serenity's hold full of cows about to be rustled to another planet.

Couldnt screenshot it at the time because Xbox Windows doesnt have a screenshot feature ?

I saw them too!!

Win + alt + print screen should do a screenshot, or you can press Win+G to open game bar and do it there (if you haven't uninstalled it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Minor niggle with supernova difficulty, when a companion dies Ada still mentions them like they're on the ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Reckon I'm not far off the end of this so I decided to mop up some companion quests. Went to do
    Parvati's
    which is a bit of a fetch quest. Went to Byzanthium and because
    I have went against the Board the whole place is hostile to me

Shot my way through but now can't fast travel out of the area and I'm pretty much stuck. I had to load a previous save and I'm going to have to ignore that quest completely now which I think affects my ending.

Pretty bummed with that now to be honest that it locks you out of companion quests. It just seems weird to leave you stuck in the area and forces a reload of a previous save, which thankfully I had a recent one.

Will probably just plough through to the end now I guess.

skerry wrote: »
    Reckon I'm not far off the end of this so I decided to mop up some companion quests. Went to do
    Parvati's
    which is a bit of a fetch quest. Went to Byzanthium and because
    I have went against the Board the whole place is hostile to me

Shot my way through but now can't fast travel out of the area and I'm pretty much stuck. I had to load a previous save and I'm going to have to ignore that quest completely now which I think affects my ending.

Pretty bummed with that now to be honest that it locks you out of companion quests. It just seems weird to leave you stuck in the area and forces a reload of a previous save, which thankfully I had a recent one.

Will probably just plough through to the end now I guess.

Afaik they are only hostile for a set amount of time, that amount I do not know.

But you can wait it out on another planet FYI she must be with you in ByZ to get to the next stage of that quest :)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Afaik they are only hostile for a set amount of time, that amount I do not know.

But you can wait it out on another planet FYI she must be with you in ByZ to get to the next stage of that quest :)

Have her with me and think it's the last part of the quest. Probably do another few quests and go back and see if it's still hostile. It's a bit obscure now about the whole waiting it out thing. I read that you can rest at the ship a few days and it will cool off but only way I can find back to the ship is to fast travel and I cant do that cos area is hostile.

Worth playing this on hard for your first playthrough?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah definitely, once you start levelling up a bit it's a breeze. I'd have restarted on Supernova if it wasnt for the perma death on companions.

I would say yes. I'm a good bit in on normal and I'm finding it easy. Haven't even tinkered weapons or used Mods and having no difficulty. Could always change it I guess but not sure there is any point at this stage.

Essential. It's tough for the first few levels at times but once you get past level 15 or so it's a breeze even on hard. In my last 10 hours of play I think I only died once after getting stuck in a corner. I would've played Supernova but it'd be insanely difficult to keep your companions alive.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah definitely, once you start levelling up a bit it's a breeze. I'd have restarted on Supernova if it wasnt for the perma death on companions.

I set mine to passive and never looked back , enemies won't attack them usually. The stuff thats meant to make it more difficult is just annoying at this stage, lost count of the number of times I was half way to a point only to get concussed or crippled and have to go back to the ship, once I got to monarch though I ignored it when it happened. Keeping my gear 5 levels ahead and taking the extra capacity perks trivialises it now.

I invested a fair bit into speech and science (bonus to shock and plasma)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have played this to death over the last few days, a decent game but am starting to get board of it...
    Dont think im really changed my wepons either since the start, just upgraded. Also starting to get a crash bug when leaving my ship.

• Advertisement

Finished it there. Enjoyed it mostly. Gave up on the companion quests for a finish as I didn't find them too interesting. Got locked out of one a couple days back as the area was hostile and a couple more were tied to same area. Tried to do Felix's one only to find it kept directing back to the ship after going where it told me to go so I just figured I'd concentrate on the main quest. Few instances of getting stuck in areas too.

Overall though I enjoyed it. Theres a great foundation for a few more games there. Think the last one of that type of game I finished was Mass Effect so thats saying something. Some of the dialogue options are brilliant and characters are likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love the elevator music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The prismatic hammer is game breaking lol :) having so much fun with it.

Calhoun wrote: »
    The prismatic hammer is game breaking lol :) having so much fun with it.

Its nuts, used it for most of my play through. Pumped points into Science, unlocked the third 50% extra science weapon damage and did a bit of tinkering and just smashed my way through the last few levels. Serious AoE blast from a charged swing

I got the dumb ending :D
    You tell ada you'll skip the hope yourself and end up skipping it into the sun

I got the dumb ending :D
    You tell ada you'll skip the hope yourself and end up skipping it into the sun

Didnt know that, I got I guess the good?
    I am the king, pavroti leaves to be with yer wan, Nyoko stays the same, the Scientist dies, all the clever people from earth save the colony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Have played this to death over the last few days, a decent game but am starting to get board of it...
    Dont think im really changed my wepons either since the start, just upgraded. Also starting to get a crash bug when leaving my ship.

This crash when leaving the ship is killing this game for me, its only just started happening as well. I want to complete but its a head wrecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Didn't get to play for a few days but runout, managed to complete all side quests on Edgewater and finish the area with what looks like the best case scenario. Just landed on Groundbreaker and the game has taken on this whole new space adventure feeling. Loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I know it's not, but the design of certain things makes me this game is set in a fallout universe where the bombs didnt drop.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's great and I was pretty surprised at how big Monarch was when I first landed considering the game is supposedly only 25-30 hours.

I'm also pretty happy it's 25-30 hours, that's perfect for a game of this type imo. They just kept it all to plot and good side quests and left out all the unnecessary stuff designed to make the games longer (Looking at you here, Bioware) and for the most part, all of the content seems like quality over quantity.

Advertisement