Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Nolan give 1 year to guilty pedo.

Options
  • 31-10-2019 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Jaysus...

In fariness he's got form. The pedos must pray they end up in front of him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭argentum

I have to be honest its a very bad decision. A few weeks ago a man got a suspended sentence for having videos of child sexual abuse and in my mind that's the worst crime and that he is a pedo and not her.
    I honestly think that she made a major error and genuinely thought 16 was the age of consent and in fairness to her she waited until then.
    He was also in an over 18's nightclub which may have clouded her judgement
    I would hold the same view if it was a male teacher and a female student and I'm also of the view that most 16 yr old boys would want to have sex if they could and not be traumatized for life if this did happen to them.
    When I was a 16 yr old if I managed to have sex with a woman I would have kept it quiet and not bragged about it
    She should have got a suspended sentence in my opinion and her life is now ruined …. I don't believe his is and its more a case of waiting to sue the school

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Joke sentence this is a woman who is a qualified teacher and Very well aware of child protection ,
    If it was a male teacher they would have seen a multiple year sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

If this was a male teacher, it would have been a tougher sentence and the press would be hounding him calling him all sorts. She should have a proper stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

argentum wrote: »
    I have to be honest its a very bad decision. A few weeks ago a man got a suspended sentence for having videos of child sexual abuse and in my mind that's the worst crime and that he is a pedo and not her.
    I honestly think that she made a major error and genuinely thought 16 was the age of consent and in fairness to her she waited until then.
    I would hold the same view if it was a male teacher and a female student and I'm also of the view that most 16 yr old boys would want to have sex if they could and not be traumatized for life if this did happen to them.
    When I was a 16 yr old if I managed to have sex with a woman I would have kept it quiet and not bragged about it
    She should have got a suspended sentence in my opinion and her life is now ruined …. I don't believe his is and its more a case of waiting to sue the school

She knew he was 15, she waited until he was 16 before she pounced. She groomed and raped him. She was a teacher and has a responsibility to the children she taught. She knew exactly what she was doing and deserves zero sympathy..

If this was a man who did this a 16 year old girl would you be a sympathetic?
    You would in your hole

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Four posts in and no South Park references yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

argentum wrote: »

She didnt fcuk him in the niteclub unknowingly.

If she did I'd have understanding over a genuine mistake.

She did her crime weeks later knowing her was her student and messaging him throughout that period.

She should have gotten longer...being his teacher should have gotten her a longer sentence than a normal person..duty of care and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

What kind of message would it send if she walked?

It's a terrible outcome for her but if the teacher was male everyone would be calling him a predator, and wouldn't be questioning the verdict. Most would say it is too lenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

The boy said he suffers stress, migraines, anxiety and feels under pressure.

Definitely setting it up for a claim against the school. He's 18 now and because he had sex when he was 16 with his teacher, he is claiming he is psychologically damaged. What a croc of ****

This country sometimes....

A one year custodial sentence is harsh, very harsh irrespective of the gender

How is this sentence harsh

• Subscribers Posts: 41,280 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

How in God's name could the school be liable??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Four posts in and no South Park references yet?

Nice.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    How in God's name could the school be liable??

It's likely that it will be claimed the school failed in its responsibility to protect the child

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Gatling wrote: »
    How is this sentence harsh

I really wonder why people tend to be unsatisfied with prison sentences (not just in Ireland, it seems to be a common theme around the world) and believe that jail is too easy for criminals.

I imagine many who say these thinga have never stepped foot inside a prison. Mountjoy, Arbour Hill are hellholes from what I heard one of my friends say. You can keep your head down and nothing will happen but it's a ****ing scary place. A dog eat dog world in a literal sense.

Even if a killer gets only 8 years here compared to 25 years in America, they'll still be subjected to bullying, sexual abuse, boiling sugar water treatment.

Just to clarify, I'm not defending criminals but really just dispelling the nonsense that prison is somehow easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Zulu wrote: »
    Jaysus...

In fariness he's got form. The pedos must pray they end up in front of him.

That has to be a deliberately misleading thread title, unless you’re referring to a completely different case than the one you linked to in the opening post.

The boy said he suffers stress, migraines, anxiety and feels under pressure.

Definitely setting it up for a claim against the school. He's 18 now and because he had sex when he was 16 with his teacher, he is claiming he is psychologically damaged. What a croc of ****

This country sometimes....

Haha. I can guarantee you that if this was a young girl and a male teacher, you would not be saying the same thing. something, something victim blaming.

Again, I have to call bull**** on this. There is no way on earth you would be saying that a male teacher who groomed a young girl and had sex on multiple occassions should get any less than 1 year. Absolutel bull****.

Plus, her not knowing the legal age of consent is a damning indictment on the level of intelligence required to be a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

siblers wrote: »
    She groomed and raped him.

Apparently not. It was entirely consensual according to reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

I really wonder why people tend to be unsatisfied with prison sentences (not just in Ireland, it seems to be a common theme around the world) and believe that jail is too easy for criminals.

I imagine many who say these thinga have never stepped foot inside a prison. Mountjoy, Arbour Hill are hellholes from what I heard one of my friends say. You can keep your head down and nothing will happen but it's a ****ing scary place. A dog eat dog world in a literal sense.

Even if a killer gets only 8 years here compared to 25 years in America, they'll still be subjected to bullying, sexual abuse, boiling sugar water treatment.

Just to clarify, I'm not defending criminals but really just dispelling the nonsense that prison is somehow easy.

Comparatively a male who commits and is convicted of the same or similar crime stands to be sentenced for 7-10 years and is on the sex offender register for life on release. Generally with good behavior serves between 4-7 years and becomes a social pariah.

This lady should have been served equal justice and sex offences can be carried out by anyone regardless of sex/gender, age and so on, sentencing should be level playing field. In this case the defendant was wrong, admitted they were wrong, there was proof she was wrong, there for a proper sentence should be imposed.

All these crimes have to be treated the same way regardless who carries them out, with absolute disgust and proper penalty.

Poor lambs :rolleyes:

People usually complain because it is not a proportionate punishment for the crime that has been committed

Ardent wrote: »

Children can't consent to sex with an adult :confused::confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,280 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Gatling wrote: »
    It's likely that it will be claimed the school failed in its responsibility to protect the child

Unless it can be shown that the school knowingly accommodated the relationship, then I can't see any way in which they could be culpable. The article only refers to liaisons outside of the school and notes that the school contacted the gardai upon being made aware of the relationship

• Advertisement

Age of consent is 17. He was 16 which makes it rape. Consent or no consent

Children can't consent to sex with an adult :confused::confused:

The victim was the one with the penis.

siblers wrote: »
    Age of consent is 17. He was 16 which makes it rape. Consent or no consent

Can women be done for rape? It might "only" be sexual assault of a minor. I'm open to correction

And also a child.

What the hell does having a penis got to do with consent or child sexual abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

6/10 for trolling as I'll bet you hook a few fish

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭argentum

I presume that the school will be sued based on the premise that it is vicariously liable for the teacher.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Do you have a source for that?

Can women be done for rape? It might "only" be sexual assault of a minor. I'm open to correction

I believe it's statutory rape when it's consensual sex with an underage person

MarkR wrote: »
    Do you have a source for that?

Yes, read the news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Can't be consensual when one is a minor.

Advertisement