Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Club near Rathmines/Phoenix Park

• 30-10-2019 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm wanting to join a running club & I live in and around the harolds cross/rathmines area & work around Smithfield.

I've had a look only & have also heard really good things about Crusaders in Irishtown (very friendly for beginners). I noticed two clubs near the phoenix park -- Celtic DCH and Civil Service Harriers.

Just wondering does anyone have any experience with these clubs? Or any others that are good around either Rathmines/Phoenix Park direction?

The main thing I want is a friendly club, where there is a mixed ability - I've ran the marathon, but I'm no speedster, and also, I do strength training mostly, so this is to be a nice addition, not my main sport (if that makes sense?)

Thanks a mil :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You also have MSB, Donore and Liffey Valley in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

I highly recommend Crusaders. They have the largest adult membership of any club in the country, which means you’re more likely to find a group of your standard there to run with. In the Dublin marathon this week, for example, they had 85 finishers, with finishing times ranging from 2:28 to 4:51 (http://www.crusadersac.ie/news/life-begins-at-40-perfect-conditions-for-the-debutants-in-the-dublin-marathon).

On a Tuesday from 6.30pm at Irishtown track, there are four different training groups, each with their own coach. You’ve a choice of beginner, intermediate, advanced and marathon, and they are also starting a couch to 5km group in the new year. New people join the club every week and you’ll be welcomed by a coach at the reception area of Irishtown from about 6.15pm any Tuesday. It’s a very friendly club and they’ll let you try out training for two weeks before deciding if you want to join or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Also Rathfarnham ac who train in Busy park and beside Nutgrove shopping centre and Sportworld ac who mare based in Terenure both very welcoming clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Aquals wrote: »
    I highly recommend Crusaders.

+1 for the Cru. Irishtown is just a short jog over from Rathmines :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Think I'm sold on Crusaders, sounds like a friendly bunch. Thanks guys!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Think I'm sold on Crusaders, sounds like a friendly bunch. Thanks guys!!

I'm in Cru. I joined it because they seemed to have a nice set up for slower runners. A mix of abilities is one of the benefits of the bigger clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

Huzzah! wrote: »
    I'm in Cru. I joined it because they seemed to have a nice set up for slower runners. A mix of abilities is one of the benefits of the bigger clubs.

Oh amazing Huzzah! Hopefully I'll be seeing you around :):D

Advertisement