Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lego accessories from Santa, Lego.com?

Options
  • 25-10-2019 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I've a child who's Lego mad but loves making there own creations and is too young too follow instructions on exact builds. So I'm adding to our Lego and Santa is going to bring doors, windows, people, flowers and maybe other accessories? From looking online and in Smyths these can only be bought in sets. We don't need blocks so I don't want to buy sets. Has anyone any discount codes for Lego.com or is there other sites I could buy them from please?
    Appreciate any help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Not 100% the same thing - but Tesco have this 'superpack' on offer at the moment for €29.25 - given the volume of pieces it might be a handy way to get started for them. (you might have to build the truck part - but I suspect given the scale of it, might be good for the age range you're talking about).

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=304668741

Paddy

snapshotimagehandler_1181053235.jpeg?h=540&w=540

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thanks for the help. The Tesco item isn't what I'm after. Lego. com has some stuff I'm after. Has anyone used Bricklink. com? Is it reliable? I've used done deal and adverts but never ebay or anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Bricklink is akin to ebay in that you buy the bricks from various vendors but I've never had an issue with it.

Honestly though, is there a reason you don't want more bricks? I can't see you getting better value buying individual windows and doors etc than you'd get buying one of the Classic sets and, in my experience, there's never such a thing as too many bricks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

With individual costing and postage, you might spend X amount on accessory parts from one seller on Bricklink and for a bit extra get a large Classic set with almost as much accessories and a pile of bricks. It's a debate.

You can make a Wanted List on Bricklink, fill it with windows, flowers, trees, bicycles etc and then go to 'buy' them all and see if one seller has most of what you're looking for. You might get lucky and find one with lots and some cheap City minifigures (typically the least expensive) and have it all arrive in the post in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I've a child who's Lego mad but loves making there own creations and is too young too follow instructions on exact builds. So I'm adding to our Lego and Santa is going to bring doors, windows, people, flowers and maybe other accessories? From looking online and in Smyths these can only be bought in sets. We don't need blocks so I don't want to buy sets. Has anyone any discount codes for Lego.com or is there other sites I could buy them from please?
    Appreciate any help. Thanks

How old?
    You can buy individual bricks on lego.com

Brick link will be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Remouad wrote: »
    How old?
    You can buy individual bricks on lego.com

Brick link will be cheaper.

Thanks a million for the advice. All followed from here and safely in my sisters spare room till Christmas Eve.

Advertisement