Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iron maiden Belfast! Good decision?

• 26-10-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Is it a good decision to have this gig outdoors and in Belfast next year? I can understand if they had it in Dublin outdoors in say marlay park or the RDS arena or even indoor at the 3arena as south of the border they have a bigger following, but could they really sell 15,000 tickets for this? In Belfast They sell about 10,000-11,000 for say the oddysey arena and that's indoors so it suits people better, in Dublin they pull a crowd of 14,000 when they play at the 3arena, when they played the RDS in 2005 there was 26,000 people. So I think Dublin was the better choice rather than Belfast, do you agree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

trey99 wrote: »
    I can understand if they had it in Dublin outdoors in say marlay park or the RDS arena or even indoor at the 3arena as south of the border they have a bigger following

So nobody from Northern Ireland bothered their holes going to Dublin for any of those previous shows :confused:

RDS is a stones throw from Landsdowne which is hosting some Euros games, so may be inactive over that time. Legacy of the Beast already hit Belfast so in that sense maybe a bit surprising to return on the same tour but it's 90 mins from Dublin so a non issue really. They only have 2 dates announced in Europe so far and one is a full scale festival, I'd imagine Maiden will have no problem satisfying the promoters here.

Should have had a fist at Cork or something (Dublin and Belfast get everything!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

As much as I love maiden I'm a bit on the fence as to whether or not to go. Seen them in Belfast and Dublin on their two most recent tours. If it's the same show/set as the LOTB Belfast show then I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Wooderson

trey99 wrote: »
    Is it a good decision to have this gig outdoors and in Belfast next year? I can understand if they had it in Dublin outdoors in say marlay park or the RDS arena or even indoor at the 3arena as south of the border they have a bigger following, but could they really sell 15,000 tickets for this? In Belfast They sell about 10,000-11,000 for say the oddysey arena and that's indoors so it suits people better, in Dublin they pull a crowd of 14,000 when they play at the 3arena, when they played the RDS in 2005 there was 26,000 people. So I think Dublin was the better choice rather than Belfast, do you agree?

That 05 gig was a broadway sh1tshow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    As much as I love maiden I'm a bit on the fence as to whether or not to go. Seen them in Belfast and Dublin on their two most recent tours. If it's the same show/set as the LOTB Belfast show then I'm out
    They usually only make 2-3 changes on the second leg of same tour will be the same for most part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

They have a bigger following in south because it has 4 times higher population than here.

I've never been to a Belfast concert and will try to avoid them, I think I have a hatred for my country and going to Belfast just makes my mood worse. Something that annoys me about going to Belfast is seeing how English it is, it annoys me that tourists are exposed to that, Ulsters rich Gaelic culture is hidden deeply away.

I am attending my first Dublin concert in November, a real nuisance that is. It isn't possible to get home on public transport on the night so you have to book a hotel, it is over £100 to attend a Dublin concert. £36 transport, £60 hotel and then ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

They have a bigger following in south because it has 4 times higher population than here.

I've never been to a Belfast concert and will try to avoid them, I think I have a hatred for my country and going to Belfast just makes my mood worse. Something that annoys me about going to Belfast is seeing how English it is, it annoys me that tourists are exposed to that, Ulsters rich Gaelic culture is hidden deeply away.

I am attending my first Dublin concert in November, a real nuisance that is. It isn't possible to get home on public transport on the night so you have to book a hotel, it is over £100 to attend a Dublin concert. £36 transport, £60 hotel and then ticket.

Just stay inside so, you just sound angry, you are not gonna enjoy anything with that attitude

Advertisement