Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Kelly to Reid I’d say
    That’s what I did in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Pighead wrote: »
    Thought I was sitting pretty with Sterling, Aguero and Otamendi for Saturday's game against Villa. Now I'm thinking there's a chance none of them start. I had planned on swapping Kane for Aubameyang this week but may have to rethink.

If only we could read Pep's mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

He was decent at the weekend until Mooy had a brain fart and Connolly was the one sacrificed. I wouldn't be in a rush to get rid yet unless you've no other pressing issues.
    Going to categorise it in the wait and see part. Far more pressing is to try figure out how not to fall victim to Pep-rotation every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

My 3 City players all didn't play last week (Otamendi, Mahrez, Aguero). I have since done Mahrez -> KDB.

Given Otamendi was injured, and now Rodri is, there is a very strong chance that Fernandinho moves back to midfield allowing both Otamendi & Stones to start at home to Villa & Southampton. I'll keep him for these 2 games.

KDB came off early last night, and City's most important player now. He is defo starting the next 2 games (injury aside)

Aguero didn't play against Palace at all, and scored twice last night. I think he should be starting v Villa at least, especially after getting his rest during the international break and Palace game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Getting tempted by Utd forwards to replace Yarmelnko or Mount.

James & Martial both offering potential returns with the decent fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dahat wrote: »

But they don't score goals as a team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

But they don't score goals as a team

10 goals from 9 games.
    Joint 12th overall for goals scored. Pretty poor

10 goals from 9 games.

I think their defence is where the points are, they have actually been unlucky to concede what they have.

But I'll admit James is a nice price

If Zinchenko is out for a few weeks it's Otamendi to Mendy for the pure fun of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

10 goals from 9 games.

Take out the 4 against Chelsea in GW1 and its 6 in their last 8. Won't be touching their attacking players for now.

Also, they have 2 away games in a row and have only scored 2 goals in 4 away matches.

For those bringing Leicester defenders in this week

https://twitter.com/apple_bonkers/status/1186692201927057411?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

All good things come to an end at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’ve to chose one out of Soyoncu tomori and lundstrum
    I’m currently starting Lundstrum

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

FitzShane wrote: »
    My 3 City players all didn't play last week (Otamendi, Mahrez, Aguero). I have since done Mahrez -> KDB.

Given Otamendi was injured, and now Rodri is, there is a very strong chance that Fernandinho moves back to midfield allowing both Otamendi & Stones to start at home to Villa & Southampton. I'll keep him for these 2 games.

KDB came off early last night, and City's most important player now. He is defo starting the next 2 games (injury aside)

Aguero didn't play against Palace at all, and scored twice last night. I think he should be starting v Villa at least, especially after getting his rest during the international break and Palace game.

I'd be very surprised if he doesnt start Gundogan in there given the opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Guess I won't be buying a Utd forward then....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

dahat wrote: »

I'd rather have Mount or Yarmolenko over any Utd attacker and I say that as a Utd fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

I may have gone mad. Brought in Jetro Willems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might get Fredericks in for Lowton. Next two fixtures possibilities and I'm getting a tad sick of Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dsmythy wrote: »
    Might get Fredericks in for Lowton. Next two fixtures possibilities and I'm getting a tad sick of Burnley.

What are burnley doing wrong. As a rotating defender Lowton has kept a CS in every home game he should have been played in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Formulating a plan to have both Mané and Salah for Pool's nice run gwks 13-21 but it involves Ings staying fit... what are the chances

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Formulating a plan to have both Mannd Salah for Pool's nice run gwks 13-21 but it involves Ings staying fit... what are the chances

Yeah you're going to need a different plan

Formulating a plan to have both Mané and Salah for Pool's nice run gwks 13-21 but it involves Ings staying fit... what are the chances

I am thinking of TAA and Firmino along with mane......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What are burnley doing wrong. As a rotating defender Lowton has kept a CS in every home game he should have been played in.

I'm not rotating. Have to look again.

I am going around in circle
    have to make one FT as I have 2
    However no single transfer appeals to me. All are doubles but all the players involved could also do well this week
    Ota to Rico (Ota has a much better fixture this week and next) leaving money to upgrade Hayden to 6ml (prob Odoi even though I am not mad on triple Chelsea) and Cantwell becomes 5th mid
    or
    Auba to Jiminez and Hayden to Ricky and a small bit of cash in the bank. This is the MUCH more appealing option. But those fixtures for Auba...........I suppose I could sell aguero instead.........not happening YET
    or
    Hayden to Dendoncker . But I should just have done that last week then shouldn't I and I will be in exact same situation next week with Ota, Auba and Aguero having good fixtures.

Ideally I would make the double transfer this week then bank ahead of another double transfer for gw 12 when City and Pools fixtures turn ..........
    I know which one I want to do......but am I brave enough

Looking at Brighton DF to bring in

Everton and Norwich at home next

Montoya the best shout?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Looking at Brighton DF to bring in

Everton and Norwich at home next

Montoya the best shout?
    Brighton aren't as solid under their new manager. After those two, Brighton have a run of four tough games. I'd say a Brighton defender is set yourself for a transfer out within a few weeks.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Brighton aren't as solid under their new manager. After those two, Brighton have a run of four tough games. I'd say a Brighton defender is set yourself for a transfer out within a few weeks.

Fair enough.

I have 2 FT and want rid of Aurier as he has been brutal.

Thought Brighton DF might be a decent replacement, back to the drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Fair enough.

I have 2 FT and want rid of Aurier as he has been brutal.

Thought Brighton DF might be a decent replacement, back to the drawing board
    I'm in the same boat, happy enough with the squad generally but in the market for a cheap def. I'm leaning towards Fredericks as WH have three good fixtures now, start him those three and reassess, cheap enough to bench him if needs be. Thinking about it again, it would be similar with a Brighton defender but would only get two games out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Going to take a punt on Pepe as my Son replacement. Great goal tonight so hopefully he will kick on now. Low ownership and 3 home fixtures in the next 4. At 1.6m, i have nothing to lose!

Advertisement