Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel is moving road

Options
  • 16-09-2019 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

I LoL'ed when I saw this. It makes a lot of sense to move the road, rather than to have Intel put a warehouse on the other side of the road. Clicking here will show you where this is happening.

Am told that Intel are also building a multi-story carpark. I honestly don't care about the rerouting of the road; with the M4 nearby, you only use this road if going to Tescos, or Kellystown Lane.

But I find it interesting that they're doing this.

490799.PNG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Realighnment, oundabout, cartilage ... doesn't anybody proofread anything these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

They're building a second Multilevel carpark where the surface carpark was between their entrance2 and entrance 3

Building a massive new fab out the back too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

the_syco wrote: »
    I LoL'ed when I saw this. It makes a lot of sense to move the road, rather than to have Intel put a warehouse on the other side of the road. Clicking here will show you where this is happening.

Am told that Intel are also building a multi-story carpark. I honestly don't care about the rerouting of the road; with the M4 nearby, you only use this road if going to Tescos, or Kellystown Lane.

But I find it interesting that they're doing this.

490799.PNG

Hasn't that work started? Looked like it last time I passed

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Last Stop

Wonder will they tie this in with the level crossing removal or how will they interact?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Last Stop wrote: »
    Wonder will they tie this in with the level crossing removal or how will they interact?

Crossing not touched by this realignment.

Realignment work is advanced and I heard may be open within a month or two.

Also heard realignment is intended to be temporary, for a year or two.

But realignment is indicated in current Leixlip Local Area Plan...I don't recall reference to temporary there.

• Advertisement

Road live tomorrow:

R148 Road Realignment at Intel
    By CELBRIDGE/LEIXLIP MUNICIPAL | Published: 22/10/2019
    The newly realigned R148 (Leixlip to Maynooth) road will open to traffic tomorrow Wednesday 23rd October. This section of road is from the junction of the R148 with the R449 (at the roundabout at Intel) to the R148s junction with the L-1014 (Kellystown lane). This realigned road is 860 metres long with a new traffic signaled junction, motorist are advised to proceed with caution as there will still be ongoing works at each end of this road.

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/emergencynews/wp/?p=4809

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Any chance these intel guys could do something with the quays?

They have some tidying up to do especially at ends but new road is live. Looks full modern spec to me - lights, filters, bus shelters, cycle paths, landscaping. 1st pass OSM update: https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.37226&mlon=-6.52254#map=17/53.37226/-6.52254&layers=N

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Road live tomorrow:

R148 Road Realignment at Intel
    By CELBRIDGE/LEIXLIP MUNICIPAL | Published: 22/10/2019
    The newly realigned R148 (Leixlip to Maynooth) road will open to traffic tomorrow Wednesday 23rd October. This section of road is from the junction of the R148 with the R449 (at the roundabout at Intel) to the R148s junction with the L-1014 (Kellystown lane). This realigned road is 860 metres long with a new traffic signaled junction, motorist are advised to proceed with caution as there will still be ongoing works at each end of this road.

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/emergencynews/wp/?p=4809

Its from the L81206 Deey Bridge over the Royal Canal road, not Kellystown lane, to the dual carriageway roundabout junction.

Advertisement