Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves - #17 TRS30

• 22-10-2019 11:25am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

LADS this is shocking, I am over a week late with this one, apologies TRS last week was mental in work for me!!

Here we go folks, the last full week in October, bank holiday is on the horizon and the clocks are going back this weekend!

This week we are joined by one of our prolific posters TRS30 :)

Let's not waste anymore time and kick off, as usual this thread will run for 2 weeks. We'll just push the others back a week :)

Favourite Chocolate Bar or Sweet?

Favourite Movie of all time?

First single you ever bought?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Cheese or chocolate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    LADS this is shocking, I am over a week late with this one, apologies TRS last week was mental in work for me!!

Here we go folks, the last full week in October, bank holiday is on the horizon and the clocks are going back this weekend!

This week we are joined by one of our prolific posters TRS30 :)

Let's not waste anymore time and kick off, as usual this thread will run for 2 weeks. We'll just push the others back a week :)

No worries boss (haven't been crying on the inside thinking I had been forgotten:)).

Anything jelly really, the talk of Haribo's on the other thread was making me look around the office in case any were lying around!

This is tough. Could list any of about 10 however if pushed would have to say 'Usual Suspects'.

Tears for Fears- Everybody wants to rule the world (don't judge me, don't you dare:))

Cheese or chocolate?

Would have to say cheese. I do like a bit of chocolate however think I inherited a love of cheeses from my Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Tea or Coffee?

Best Christmas Memory?

Favourite book?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Tears for Fears- Everybody wants to rule the world (don't judge me, don't you dare:))

All great answers, and quality tune! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

What did you want be be 'when you grew up' as a child? & how close to that did you get?

Top 5 desert island discs?

Favourite alcoholic beverage?

Favourite TV show?

Why the Eagles???? Like really,WHY!!!?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Tea or Coffee?

Best Christmas Memory?

Favourite book?

Tea or Coffee?

I never drank coffee, ever, until Elf 3 arrived earlier this year. Since then I've been about 50/50. However when I'm out, i.e. paying, I usually go for coffee as paying €3+ for a tea bag in a bit of hot water with some cow, is hard to justify!

Best Christmas Memory?

Wow, that is a tough one. Two jump out at me.

The first is not a singular memory as such more every Christmas Day when I was younger, when we got home from church, my Dad would put his Bing Crosby Christmas record on and we would all sing along to 'White Christmas'.

Second, was last Christmas as Elf 1 was old enough to understand what was going on and the look of awe and wonder on her little face when she came down on Christmas morning and the cookies and milk she left out for Santa were gone and there was lots of presents left. Priceless.

Favourite book?

I don't get to read as much as I use to and most of reading now is for short periods so generally stick to easy to read stuff. So rather that a favourite book, I would say my favourite genre is 'who did it' detective types.

DvB wrote: »
    What did you want be be 'when you grew up' as a child? & how close to that did you get?

Favourite TV show?

Why the Eagles???? Like really,WHY!!!?

As a child I was a terrible speller (still am-thank god for spell check!) so I use to say I wanted to be a truck driver because I knew how to spell it in case I had to write it down!

Not too close however I am now becoming a glorified taxi driver so closer then I was!

Guns N Roses- Appetite for Destruction

Public Enemy- Fear of a Black Planet

Bob Marley- Legend

Artic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Fat Boy Slim- On the Floor at the Boutique

Real cold bottle of Heineken or Baileys (original) and ice

Favourite TV show?

The Sopranos

Top Gear (Clarkson version)

Why the Eagles???? Like really,WHY!!!

I have been an American football fan since I was young however never really followed any particular team. My wife has a lot of close family who live in Philly so when I first went over (12 years ago) her cousins were/are mad Eagles fans so it kind of grew from there.

Sorry, just realised my answers are getting really long. Will try to be more succinct!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sorry, just realised my answers are getting really long. Will try to be more succinct!

No need to apologise, your answers are great! :D

• Advertisement

Mine were practically essays so fire away lad.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Mine were practically essays so fire away lad.

I find the shorter the question, the longer the answer!

Gets you thinking too, which is always a good thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I thought TRS was next week, so whoops! :pac:
    So rather that a favourite book, I would say my favourite genre is 'who did it' detective types.
    Have you read any of Robert Galbraith's detective books? (JK Rowling's pen name) If not, I recommended. :)

Posy wrote: »
    I thought TRS was next week, so whoops! :pac:

Have you read any of Robert Galbraith's detective books? (JK Rowling's pen name) If not, I recommended. :)

I only remembered it was suppose to be last week because it was my birthday. However all good things are worth waiting for!

No I haven't read any of his/her books. Thanks will add it to the list of ones to keep an eye out for.

I have a tendency to go through period of authors from different regions, American, Scandinavian, Irish/UK etc

Childhood crush?

Favourite holiday destination?

Favourite disney film?

Childhood crush?

Favourite disney film?

Childhood crush?

My best friends little sister, Lynn (will only say her first name just in case :eek:)

When I was younger and single, South Africa. My brother lived there for awhile so went a couple of times to visit with friends and was amazing.

Since having kids, The Newpark Hotel in Kilkenny. Is a great place to go with little ones. Everyone is in the same boat so you don't feel guilty about your kids running around the lobby at 10pm as there are lots doing the same!

Favourite disney film?

As a massive Disney fan this could be the hardest question I get. I've changed my mind about 5 times in the last minute however will go with Toy Story 3, the bit at the end when they were sliding into the furnace still gets me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi TRS30,

Great answers !
    Don't hold back !

Here my questions:

-Which is your main course of choice to order at a restaurant
    -Which director and lead actor would you choose for your Biopic
    -Favourite Country outside of Ireland and why

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi TRS30,

Great answers !
    Don't hold back !

Here my questions:

Thanks otnomart. Apologies for the delay in answering

I'm usually quite boring when it comes to eating out so normally a chicken dish. If the restaurant is known for their fish then sometimes I go with that as I find it hard to cook right at home.

Actor would be Chris Hemsworth, only because we are both tall and have blond hair, no other resembles unfortunately!

Director is a tough one. I'm going to say Martin Scorsese, not because my life is like a gangster movie, more he is my favourite director so would be a chance to meet him.

I would have to say The States. I have been fortunate to have been a number of time during different stages of my life, to different places, seen many different things, met lots of people and have always had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Prep the dinner Christmas Eve or wait until Christmas morning ?

And , your favourite part of Christmas Dinner :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »

And , your favourite part of Christmas Dinner :D

Since we started hosting we do a bit of both. Christmas Eve will start setting the table getting all the plates, pot, pans, bowls etc ready. Will also calculate the cooking time for the turkey (luck I did higher maths:D) and make some of the cold starters. Everything else is then done on the day itself. Everyone helps so isn’t too daunting and we have good fun.

And , your favourite part of Christmas Dinner

Good question, I love lots of individual parts however if I had to pick one would be stuffing, we usually have three different flavours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thank you , I love the love for stuffing amongst the posters !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Thank you , I love the love for stuffing amongst the posters !

I LOVE stuffing!! I spend most of my Christmas morning picking at the stuffing :)

I LOVE stuffing!! I spend most of my Christmas morning picking at the stuffing :)

I remember one Christmas Day evening, when my Mum use to stuff the turkey, sitting with a spoon and just eating the stuffing straight out, bird to mouth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Our stuffing is lucky if it lasts till Christmas.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Our stuffing is lucky if it lasts till Christmas.

We all know the real reason my sister only bring the stuffings on Christmas morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Festive hot chocolate or festive coffee?

Festive hot chocolate or festive coffee?

I'm not really a hot chocolate person so will say festive coffee. In saying that I'm not sure what a festive coffee is!?

However if it has alcohol in it then I'm all over it :D

I'm not really a hot chocolate person so will say festive coffee. In saying that I'm not sure what a festive coffee is!?

However if it has alcohol in it then I'm all over it :D

Baileys coffee!!!! With Baileys whipped cream..... d-vine!

Baileys coffee!!!! With Baileys whipped cream..... d-vine!

Now, that a drink I could get on-board with!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What is the last film you saw at the cinema, and what did you think of it?

What would be your ideal Christmas tree - real or fake, what type of lights, how would you decorate it etc?

If an eccentric billionaire gave you unlimited money to plan a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Advertisement