Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenheron - do you like living there?

Options
  • 14-05-2019 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

The title says it all really - we are thinking of buying a bungalow at glenheron and would like to know if other people enjoy living there? How do you find the location? Any regrets? Is there a sense of community?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Glenheron Residents Greystones have a Facebook page.

Greystones, Ireland · This group is about the Glenheron estate, Kilcoole road, Greystones. As the estate is in its early stages of construction, let's share news, pictures about construction progress, floor plans, any queries, delivery dates or upcoming events. #cairn #cairnhomes #Killinca...
    30 members said that they live in Greystones, Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I know a couple of people living there, and they are happy. No complaints. I live close by. The area is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

We moved in back in April and we love it. We are in the Walk and have no problems at all. Neighbors mostly seem fine. I’d recommend joining the group mentioned above, has a lot of potentially helpful info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

We are planning to buy soon. Houses are going pretty fast. One closed secret from estate agent is what is the spec of the houses

Ie i dont know what floor is there or not, does the kitchen have tiles, garden is only soil oe has grass

I dont know room dimensions so cant quotes for flooring, but again not sure whats offered.

Can anybosy help with that?

Re the heating, what system is used, how modern is if in terms of its features, and are the solar panels useful and what is it used for? Ie heat water/ electricity?

Thanks for helping putting a booking deposit this week.

Dont know if properties are ready in the walk but need it later in a few months as still have a lease but had go get into buying as few houses left and dont want to be in the park

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

We moved in last December to Glenheron View, love the place so far and the houses are very well designed and finish quality is excellent.
    The brochure for the estate has a list of what is included in the houses. Page 40: http://print.cairnhomes.com/the-view/
    Flooring: None except for tiled bathrooms. Fully fitted with good quality tiling.
    Heating: 2 zone gas heating, I think the Dormers and Bungalows may have underfloor heating.
    Solar panels supplement electrical power only. No hot water heating from them as their PV panels. With 6 panels fitted, the system produces a max. of 1000w, probably limited by the inverter output.
    Gardens are seeded but soil quality is quite poor. Shrubs, trees and other flowers are planted front and back.

In terms of living there, we had a BBQ on the green area over the bank holiday weekend and everyone came out for it which was fantastic to meet more of the neighbours. Cairn even supplied some tables, chairs, a photographer and the surprise ice cream van. Also had a meet up around Christmas when a bunch of us moved in. Overall. I don't think there could be a nicer bunch of people in the estate.

• Advertisement

ned14 wrote: »
    We moved in last December to Glenheron View, love the place so far and the houses are very well designed and finish quality is excellent.
    The brochure for the estate has a list of what is included in the houses. Page 40: http://print.cairnhomes.com/the-view/
    Flooring: None except for tiled bathrooms. Fully fitted with good quality tiling.
    Heating: 2 zone gas heating, I think the Dormers and Bungalows may have underfloor heating.
    Solar panels supplement electrical power only. No hot water heating from them as their PV panels. With 6 panels fitted, the system produces a max. of 1000w, probably limited by the inverter output.
    Gardens are seeded but soil quality is quite poor. Shrubs, trees and other flowers are planted front and back.

In terms of living there, we had a BBQ on the green area over the bank holiday weekend and everyone came out for it which was fantastic to meet more of the neighbours. Cairn even supplied some tables, chairs, a photographer and the surprise ice cream van. Also had a meet up around Christmas when a bunch of us moved in. Overall. I don't think there could be a nicer bunch of people in the estate.

Thank you for the feedback, community sounds great, would have hoped for slightly more from cairn in terms of fixtures.

Can i confirm then that the kitchen has no floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

No flooring in the kitchen. But it makes sense since there's no clear line where the kitchen ends and living area starts. Most people laid the same floor throughout.

You do get an integrated Hob, double oven, microwave, fridge-freezer & dishwasher (all Neff/Siemens).

ned14 wrote: »
    No flooring in the kitchen. But it makes sense since there's no clear line where the kitchen ends and living area starts. Most people laid the same floor throughout.

You do get an integrated Hob, double oven, microwave, fridge-freezer & dishwasher (all Neff/Siemens).

Thank you. More cost to add to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Spipov wrote: »
    Thank you. More cost to add to it.

You will find most new developments don’t provide flooring. Maybe tiles in bathrooms but that’s about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Choice of flooring is such a subjective thing, no point providing something that people will probably want to rip out anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Hi All,
    Looking at purchasing in Glenheron. There are approximately 22 houses still for sale of various types so we are trying to decide which is best, as everyone does.

Apart from the aspect (sunlight) we are a little concerned over a few things -

1. The impact of social housing in the estate - a lot of the houses still for sale border on to these. Talking to a few residents they have said they do notice noise, the odd party and swearing coming from houses and gardens. Most we talked to were not aware of the social housing until they had purchased.

2. The proposed walkways between Charlesland and Glenheron - the council are planning to knock down the walls between both in certain areas to facilitate the flow of people for schools access etc..

3. The maintenance charge associated with the houses - What experience does the management company have? Some areas still look a little rough.

I would be interested to get feedback on the above. We love the estate so not looking at bashing it in anyway and feel these are legitimate questions to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Minimum 10% of housing in new estates have to be made available for social housing. You’ll get it pretty much anywhere where there’s a legit builder involved (there’s ways around it if you believe the whispers)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hi All,

2. The proposed walkways between Charlesland and Glenheron - the council are planning to knock down the walls between both in certain areas to facilitate the flow of people for schools access etc.

the site layout plans are on wicklow.ie planning section. Also worth looking at the plans for the primary school which show some of the access routes from Charlesland. It's works both way, it means you'll be able to walk to the shops, bookies etc without having to go all the way around.

loyatemu wrote: »
    the site layout plans are on wicklow.ie planning section. Also worth looking at the plans for the primary school which show some of the access routes from Charlesland. It's works both way, it means you'll be able to walk to the shops, bookies etc without having to go all the way around.

Also it's Charlesland, it's not exactly Baghdad, it's hardly going to cause much issue.

Hi All,
    Looking at purchasing in Glenheron. There are approximately 22 houses still for sale of various types so we are trying to decide which is best, as everyone does.

Apart from the aspect (sunlight) we are a little concerned over a few things -

1. The impact of social housing in the estate - a lot of the houses still for sale border on to these. Talking to a few residents they have said they do notice noise, the odd party and swearing coming from houses and gardens. Most we talked to were not aware of the social housing until they had purchased.

2. The proposed walkways between Charlesland and Glenheron - the council are planning to knock down the walls between both in certain areas to facilitate the flow of people for schools access etc..

3. The maintenance charge associated with the houses - What experience does the management company have? Some areas still look a little rough.

I would be interested to get feedback on the above. We love the estate so not looking at bashing it in anyway and feel these are legitimate questions to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry but I don’t understand this post at all. Where is this social housing that the houses border on to? Is it only people who live in social housing that ever make noise and swear? Don’t know what walls are being pulled down. What areas look a bit rough? Maybe the area around the Shoreline roundabout? That area isn’t finished yet. Very odd post.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The impact of social housing in the estate - a lot of the houses still for sale border on to these. Talking to a few residents they have said they do notice noise, the odd party and swearing coming from houses and gardens. Most we talked to were not aware of the social housing until they had purchased.

Is there no way of shielding yourself from the riff raff? :eek:

Sorry but I don’t understand this post at all. Where is this social housing that the houses border on to? Is it only people who live in social housing that ever make noise and swear? Don’t know what walls are being pulled down. What areas look a bit rough? Maybe the area around the Shoreline roundabout? That area isn’t finished yet. Very odd post.

Not sure why you are getting angry as the social housing is clearly marked on the plans and on the sherry fitz brochure. They are placed bordering a number of houses. The residents provided the feedback on the interactions. The walls being taken down are on the planning permission and show pathways in front of two sets of houses. Again I believe residents are objecting to these walkways but plan its to remove lengths of wall and replace with fences.
    Moderator can you lock this thread it has descended into vitriol almost immediately

Not sure why you are getting angry as the social housing is clearly marked on the plans and on the sherry fitz brochure. They are placed bordering a number of houses. The residents provided the feedback on the interactions. The walls being taken down are on the planning permission and show pathways in front of two sets of houses. Again I believe residents are objecting to these walkways but plan its to remove lengths of wall and replace with fences.
    Moderator can you lock this thread it has descended into vitriol almost immediately

Where did I get angry? I’m just pointing out that I live in Glenheron and don’t understand any of the points you’ve made. Residents comittee haven’t brought up anything about social housing or objections to walkways. Where are you getting your information from?

Where did I get angry? I’m just pointing out that I live in Glenheron and don’t understand any of the points you’ve made. Residents comittee haven’t brought up anything about social housing or objections to walkways. Where are you getting your information from?

Feedback directly from residents.

Look I just asked questions based on their feedback. As a resident you have given your feedback so all valuable info. So thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Glenheron is mentioned in here, this is what the OP is talking about I imagine.

https://www.tuathhousing.ie/about/about-tuath-housing/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Visited today and surprised that they still have 6 x 3 bed semi’s left. They seem to be on the market long enough too. Any idea why? What an I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

lfen wrote: »
    Visited today and surprised that they still have 6 x 3 bed semi’s left. They seem to be on the market long enough too. Any idea why? What an I missing?

I think the new primary school which will have over 600-700 pupils may be putting off people due to the large number of car’s sharing the same road into the Glenheron. It will be a nightmare due to the narrow width of roads and minimal school parking which will lead to cars being abandoned within Glenheron during drop off and pick up times.

See posts above.

Schools is one issue others covered above.

Thanks all. Seems social housing is also an issue as such. Why more so with this estate though?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

lfen wrote: »
    Thanks all. Seems social housing is also an issue as such. Why more so with this estate though?

Not sure why Social housing is considered an issue, I’d be more concerned about the unbuilt community centre which is to be built with the new crèche. The upkeep cost of the proposed community centre will be included in the Management fees for Glenheron

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 youknowitstrue

lakeroad wrote: »
    Not sure why Social housing is considered an issue, I’d be more concerned about the unbuilt community centre which is to be built with the new crèche. The upkeep cost of the proposed community centre will be included in the Management fee for Glenheron
    Will those in social housing have to pay a Management fee, if not will they have access to the community centre?

Will the Management fee be subsidizing the crèche in any way?

Lovely houses, but all you need is a few bad apples in the social housing units and the word gets out , the value of the property dives, and you are stuck with the mortgage and cant sell at a price to get your money back

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Will those in social housing have to pay a Management fee, if not will they have access to the community centre?

Will the Management fee be subsidizing the cre in any way?

Lovely houses, but all you need is a few bad apples in the social housing units and the word gets out , the value of the property dives, and you are stuck with the mortgage and cant sell at a price to get your money back

Heaven forbid. Its really disgraceful a lower classed person might live in Glenheron.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Also it's Charlesland, it's not exactly Baghdad, it's hardly going to cause much issue.

Ah ya know. You cant have upper classed people hearing swearing.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You know what the council should do? Put them all into their own estate. That worked out well before didn’t it?

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me what the management fees are in Glenheron?

Advertisement