Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best value bin collection in city

Options
  • 21-10-2019 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all,

Who is providing the best value bin collection in the city now?

I've been with Kollect for some years but I'm thinking of switching. I find their pricing confusing and their website and customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Wow - that shocks me. I’ve never had customer service as good as Kollect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Heggs82

Hi Floyd, this is John from Kollect. We have been going through some huge changes recently and these changes led to us making mistakes. Firstly a new computer system in the office and our trucks led to a number of bins being missed. Secondly we doubled staff numbers quickly and they didn’t understand our culture and we in turn let you and a number of other customers down. We are only coming up for air now and it is our intention to fix these growing pains asap. If you pm me your details to john at kollect dot ie. (sorry, it won't let me put my email in) I would love to see if we can resolve your issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Been with oxigen for nearly 3 years now and find them fantastic. They never miss a pick up the prices are reasonable and you get alerts on bank holidays etc as to when to put out the bin.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Heggs82 wrote: »
    Hi Floyd, this is John from Kollect. We have been going through some huge changes recently and these changes led to us making mistakes. Firstly a new computer system in the office and our trucks led to a number of bins being missed. Secondly we doubled staff numbers quickly and they didn’t understand our culture and we in turn let you and a number of other customers down. We are only coming up for air now and it is our intention to fix these growing pains asap. If you pm me your details to john at kollect dot ie. (sorry, it won't let me put my email in) I would love to see if we can resolve your issues.

An issue I have with Kollect is when I signed up, I signed up to a service which was 25e a month, shortly after I signed up, the service went to every 28 days which means that ye get 13 payments per calendar year instead of 12. This was sneaky tbh. I am coming up to two years with yourselves now and overall would consider ye to be an excellent provider, and because of that I haven't looked at alternatives,

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Oh and one of your drivers just got a mention on WLR there now, apparently he stopped his truck and helped a motorist change a puncture this morning, fair dues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I'd never go with anyone bar kollect. The simplicity of loging into my account and booking a collection date is so handy for me. I use their pay per pick up service as I dont need my rubbish picked up every 2nd week, so in the long run this works out far cheaper than a subscribed service.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

DeiseNew wrote: »
    Been with oxigen for nearly 3 years now and find them fantastic. They never miss a pick up the prices are reasonable and you get alerts on bank holidays etc as to when to put out the bin.

I'm with Oxigen and I concur with DeiseNew.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭floyd333

Heggs82 wrote: »

Thanks John. I sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

I'm with Kollect since the start. I don't fill bins that often, so it saves me a lot by paying as I go. Customer service is the best that I've encountered. There will always be mess ups. It's how you handle them that counts.

Advertisement