Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing under 18s to a gig

Options
  • 15-10-2019 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, my daughter ad her pal are both huge twilight sad fans. I got the, tickets for button factory tomorrow night. I'm going with them. Tickets state 18s only. Does that mean accompanied under 18s will be ok?? Is it worth risking heading up to the venue ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What age are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Hi folks, my daughter ad her pal are both huge twilight sad fans. I got the, tickets for button factory tomorrow night. I'm going with them. Tickets state 18s only. Does that mean accompanied under 18s will be ok?? Is it worth risking heading up to the venue ??

Normally will give the option of accompanied minors. If not, it'd be like walking up to a nightclub to bring your two kids in, because you're with them.

I'd ring the venue, and ask for email confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

While I expect you may be allowed vouch for your own kid in as an underage, I’d be surprised and even a bit annoyed if you can vouch someone else’s kid into an over 18’s venue.
    What ages are they.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Both 16 folks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

If the Button Factory is like The Academy , they will not be allowed in - regardless of being accompanied or not. I know this from experience.

It's a licensed venue so unless it's stated as an "All Ages Gig" (ie. the bar is closed or limited to upstairs where access is controlled) - the 18 age rule is strictly enforced.

I'd ring the venue to make sure.

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »
    If the Button Factory is like The Academy , they will not be allowed in - regardless of being accompanied or not. I know this from experience.

It's a licensed venue so unless it's stated as an "All Ages Gig" (ie. the bar is closed or limited to upstairs where access is controlled) - the 18 age rule is strictly enforced.

I'd ring the venue to make sure.

Cheer ray, I always found the Academy quite lax. I brought my son there when he was 16 (a young looking 16 too). I heard button factory is notoriously strict though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Cheer ray, I always found the Academy quite lax. I brought my son there when he was 16 (a young looking 16 too).

Really :eek: ... a few years ago my nephew was visiting from Australia ... decided to surprise him with tickets for a gig in The Academy .... arrived in on the night, bouncers asked for ID ... he took out his passport , 17yr 11mths old - told him "no way". After a bit of chatter , a manager came out and said "ok, on this occasion only you can come in , but only watch the show from the balcony where the bar isn't open. If you move downstairs - you'll be removed" ....

RayCon wrote: »
    Really :eek: ... a few years ago my nephew was visiting from Australia ... decided to surprise him with tickets for a gig in The Academy .... arrived in on the night, bouncers asked for ID ... he took out his passport , 17yr 11mths old - told him "no way". After a bit of chatter , a manager came out and said "ok, on this occasion only you can come in , but only watch the show from the balcony where the bar isn't open. If you move downstairs - you'll be removed" ....

I think if it is mid week, they are a little more laid back, if you know what I mean. It is hit and miss and depends on who is at the door.

It is a shame really as my teens love their music :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think if it is mid week, they are a little more laid back, if you know what I mean. It is hit and miss and depends on who is at the door.

It is a shame really as my teens love their music :(

Ask them if you could sit in the upstairs seating area. I can't remember if there is a bar upstairs, but if there isn't maybe they will allow you to sit there with no issues

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Ask them if you could sit in the upstairs seating area. I can't remember if there is a bar upstairs, but if there isn't maybe they will allow you to sit there with no issues

I'm pretty sure there is a bar upstairs...(was there only a while back but didn't really take in my surroundings !!)

• Advertisement

Actually was there for Murder Capital and there were quite a few youngish looking lads in the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

what about the 3 Arena, thinking of bringing my 11 year old to a gig next year?

what about the 3 Arena, thinking of bringing my 11 year old to a gig next year?

3 Arena is defo okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

3 Arena is defo okay.

own experience ?

mvl wrote: »
    own experience ?

Yes. Tickets generally say, under 16s need to be accompanied by an adult

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I brought my (then 13 yr old) son to the Olympia a couple of years back and it was fine as long as he remained accompanied by me at all times. I had emailed them in advance to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

how did it go OP?

sweetie wrote: »
    how did it go OP?

We got in !!! Security was very lax. Maybe because it was mid week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

We got in !!! Security was very lax. Maybe because it was mid week :D

Brilliant!

Advertisement