Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Marathons Europe

• 20-10-2019 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Could anyone recommend enjoyable city breaks with a half marathon included.Really enjoyed home runs in Dingle and Galway and hoping to add Achill too.Looking at New York and Sarajevo in the future but would like to hear from anyone who had a great time with a run included.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

gec360 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend enjoyable city breaks with a half marathon included.Really enjoyed home runs in Dingle and Galway and hoping to add Achill too.Looking at New York and Sarajevo in the future but would like to hear from anyone who had a great time with a run included.Thanks in advance.

Madrid - great, underrated city.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Lisbon - Would highly recommend. Done it this year on St Patricks Day.

Race starts across the 25 de Abril Bridge which is really cool to run across!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

The Brooklyn Half Marathon in May.
    Starts in Prospect Park, finishes on the Boardwalk in Coney Island.

Valencia Half this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I'm on the way back from Amsterdam half. I couldn't recommend it highly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Barcelona is a good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Loop den Haag is a fantastic event, approx 30,000 people taking part between 5k, 10k and Half Marathon, it's fast course as well. 30 min from Amsterdam.

nncpcloopdenhaag.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

GIG Malta Half Marathon, March 1 coming. https://www.maltamarathon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anbocmorrua

The Ealing Half Marathon in London. It's been voted the UK's best 3 years in a row. Very well organised and great local support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Guys/gals, apologies for bringing up an older thread, but has anyone got some feedback on the Barcelona Half Marathon??

I have tried looking through boards but fairly old posts regarding it. If anyone has some recent feedback on it that would be great. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dev1234

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Guys/gals, apologies for bringing up an older thread, but has anyone got some feedback on the Barcelona Half Marathon??

I have tried looking through boards but fairly old posts regarding it. If anyone has some recent feedback on it that would be great. Thanks!

Ran it last year and going back this year.

Great race. Flat, fast and handy number collection.

Got a bit warm relatively speaking towards the end but definite pb course.

Only downside would be lack of support around the course but great finish in one of the main squares.

Highly recommended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Dev1234 wrote: »
    Ran it last year and going back this year.

Great race. Flat, fast and handy number collection.

Got a bit warm relatively speaking towards the end but definite pb course.

Only downside would be lack of support around the course but great finish in one of the main squares.

Highly recommended

Cheers for that. Booked in myself, herself is very supportive with the running so getting late flight home Sunday so I can fit it in. Really excited for it, first abroad event.

Advertisement