Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Wegians89

What’s the story with jack Kelly? I’s he with Leinster or the 7’s? Any spare back three players as Connacht have a few injuries building up there already

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

antietam1 wrote: »
    Well he did ask the Ed prop to paint a picture.
    McFadden is another player injured by foul play while scoring a try.
    Well the advice at halftime must have been different as he started penalizing him for doing it in the second half.
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    What’s the story with jack Kelly? I’s he with Leinster or the 7’s? Any spare back three players as Connacht have a few injuries building up there already

Cian Kelleher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Wegians89

stephen_n wrote: »

Cian Kelleher

Still don’t understand why he moved. Long season but he doesn’t look like getting a sniff in with Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Still don’t understand why he moved. Long season but he doesn’t look like getting a sniff in with Leinster

Couldn’t understand it last year, still don’t understand this year. Can’t see him getting near the team, possibly even the pro 14 team, let alone the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I think there's a good chance Larmour could be our starting full back for this season. He's been excellent for Ireland in the World Cup and must surely be putting Keaney under pressure for the QF spot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Clegg wrote: »
    I think there's a good chance Larmour could be our starting full back for this season. He's been excellent for Ireland in the World Cup and must surely be putting Keaney under pressure for the QF spot.

MOTM today and well deserved!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

A team won 31-10 in the Celtic Cup final I think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Bridge93 wrote: »
    A team won 31-10 in the Celtic Cup final I think
    Yeah, against Ulster. Had a yellow card against them at one stage, late in the second half and played right through it without shipping a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Rob Russell got two tries and had a pretty decent game overall at 15, his placekicking was decent as well, kicked a penalty and a conversion. Could see him getting an academy spot if he goes well with Trinity this season.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Yeah, against Ulster. Had a yellow card against them at one stage, late in the second half and played right through it without shipping a point.

They'd two yellows, Dowling was in the bin at 62 and then Clarkson at 67, still didn't concede despite having two men in the bin for 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

stephen_n wrote: »
    Couldn’t understand it last year, still don’t understand this year. Can’t see him getting near the team, possibly even the pro 14 team, let alone the first team.

Leinster obviously offered him a decent contract saw him warming up on Friday must have been one of the dreaded 24th men

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭antietam1

Maybe they see something wrong in his training that was not apparent when he was playing for an enemy province.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Keenan has been good! I always thought he was going to be a good pro.
    R.O.L is playing great also! The team is really stacked. I think there's so much quality and eventually, some lads will end up leaving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Didn't want to comment till I saw the match on telly.

I was there and heard all the boos for BW, totally unjustified imo, I think he reffed the match reasonably well.

Tomane's slide was a clear yellow, even in the stands I said that as others booed.

I don't agree with Bents YC though, nor many of the other scrum calls as the Scots were clearly tactically pulling them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Keenan has been good! I always thought he was going to be a good pro.
    R.O.L is playing great also! The team is really stacked. I think there's so much quality and eventually, some lads will end up leaving.

A few might. The stats show that across the squad, guys get good time. The reality of this game is that you cant play every week. The most that guys are going to play is 2 out of 3 weeks. So you ask yourself, do i play on a winning team in a lot of big league games and maybe compete for a bench spot in the big Pro14 and HEC games or do I go to another province in the hope that they will make the breakthrough and get into finals. The Carberry case is a bit different and I accept that, but for most guys who are genuinely capable of competing for a Pro14 spot, it will be a hard case to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Steve wrote: »

I was there and heard all the boos for BW, totally unjustified imo, I think he reffed the match reasonably well.

Tomane's slide was a clear yellow, even in the stands I said that as others booed.

I don't agree with Bents YC though, nor many of the other scrum calls as the Scots were clearly tactically pulling them down.

A home crowd is always going to have some people booing whether it's right or wrong.

Upon reflection, I think Tomane probably should have seen yellow and this will hopefully send a message. But it leaves a bitter taste that we're the ones who have to deal with it having our players subjected to the knee slide more than our fair share

And a lot of people including myself were extremely frustrated at Whitehouses inconsistencies at scrum time. Schoeman was getting away with absolute murder right in front of Whitehouse and Dooley was similar on the opposite side.

Make 10000+ people sit for 10 minutes watching endless reset scrums on a chilly Friday night and you'll have a few people frustrated. I think that was where most of the booing was directed

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Steve wrote: »

I think I heard that 28 penalties were given in the game (can't check ESPN here)- that strikes me as overly officious officianating, given it wasn't a bad tempered match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

baaba maal wrote: »
    I think I heard that 28 penalties were given in the game (can't check ESPN here)- that strikes me as overly officious officianating, given it wasn't a bad tempered match.

A huge number of them were "technical" penalties at scrum time though. At one point toward the end of the first half, the last 8 (:eek:) scrums had been 6 x penalties and 2 completed.

Whitehouse simply had no control of the scrums.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,045 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

baaba maal wrote: »

yeah according to ultimate rugby 28 penalties....

18 against Leinster, 10 against Edinburgh
    13 against Leinster alone in their own half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Whitehouse hadn’t a clue what was going on at the scrum. Complete free for all with both sides trying every trick in the book. Lucky it didn’t have a bigger impact on the game. Embarrassing for the league really.

• Advertisement

Well, at least it looks like our injury list isn't too bad off the back of the RWC, bar Cronin and Conan we should be getting the full cohort back after the rest period.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Well, at least it looks like our injury list isn't too bad off the back of the RWC, bar Cronin and Conan we should be getting the full cohort back after the rest period.

Physical injuries at least, can't say the same about their spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

there’ll be a lot of lads with a point to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

They could also play like they've a point to prove. I think we've a number of players who actually had good tournaments. Ruddock, Ryan, Ringrose and Larmour all played well throughout. Hopefully they'll keep that form going into the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Is this thread safe?

Will be a lot of bruised egos coming back to Dublin alright. You'd imagine players like Kearney, Toner (not to state the obvious) maybe even Cronin will be full time Leinster players from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is this thread safe?

Give it a few days. They'll move on soon enough.

Is this thread safe?

There are plenty of eyes on it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Based on current form Larmour has to start at 15 in the HC.....we need to start moving Kearney out, I dont see any reason to keep him after this year

Great servant to Leinster and hard to say that but Larmour is the future

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Based on current form Larmour has to start at 15 in the HC.....we need to start moving Kearney out, I dont see any reason to keep him after this year

Great servant to Leinster and hard to say that but Larmour is the future

Not Joey?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This thread seems safe. We've lost the rest of the forum to people who seem inexplicably angry about a sport they didn't care about 3 weeks ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement