Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to correct map location on FB Business page

Options
  • 18-10-2019 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

I just created a new Facebook business page for a holiday cottage and entered the address of the property. Everything is fine, except the map which shows a location some 40 miles away from the actual location, which is obviously not helpful given the business nature

I cannot see a way to update the map location - can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

tombrown wrote: »
    I just created a new business page for a holiday cottage (@TheMermaidMaghery) and entered the address of the property. Everything is fine, except the map which shows a location some 40 miles away from the actual location, which is obviously not helpful given the business nature

I cannot see a way to update the map location - can anyone help?

Google maps?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tombrown

Unfortunately, the embedded map in Facebook, that they use for locations, is not Google maps.

If it was all would be fine as Google maps recognises my eircode & housename

PS - Just noticed my original post did not make it clear this was on Facebook, my apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is this how you added address?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwz90hjrQgQ

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tombrown

Yeah - Id seen that video; unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem

Advertisement